Vienna, VA 703-***-**** email@example.com linkedin.com/in/joseph-barrett1/
Page 1 of 2
Results-oriented sales and business development professional. Excellent at targeting and developing “traction” with new customers. Able to build strong relationships with customers due specific and consistent interaction. My practice is relatively simple. Be effective in defining each customer engagement and always be transparent with customer communication. My philosophy is based on being direct, relentless, and efficient. This approach has enabled me to gain traction and develop lasting relationships on many levels. Extensive professional network including strategic partnerships and funding opportunities. A practitioner in the “Challenger” approach for sales planning and vertical marketing initiatives. AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Designing customer roadmap
Interactive account management
Cyber Security Solutions
Cyber Security Assessment
Managed SOC solutions
IDS & Network Management
• Generated a landmark win for large healthcare customer resulting in 5.5 million in contract revenue
• Sold a managed SOC solution for “log authentication” to client with over 30,000 employees
• Closed a private network fiber optic solution connecting customer endpoints for a Fortune 500 software client
• Won a large cyber security RFP generating over 500K in pen-testing and assessment services
• Initiated and closed 500 K legacy software platform integration which included recruiting a partner
• Created and closed 250K collaboration integrations to large Fortune 500 Client
• Directed and managed a 300% increase in revenue for large multi-national customer
• Developed a regional sales channel for an information technology services client in the DMV
• Built a specific target marketing campaign leveraging remote desktop and virtualization solutions
• Recruited and trained an inside sales force on how to effectively target small business owners PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ERB Enterprises LLC Vienna, VA 2016 to Present - Founder Management consulting services company
• Work with MSP’s and cyber security clients with sales and business development methodology
• Develop a concise process for prospecting, customer presentation, closing, and onboarding.
• Create strong messaging around effective cyber security practices, protocols, and data protection
• Recruited and developed SOC partners in order “round-out’ client solutions for cyber security analysis
• Leveraged cloud and data center partners for clients seeking cloud migration or cloud enhancement strategy
• Consulted with client sales teams to ensure proper customer education regarding cyber security compliance
• Strategic sales planning for clients looking target larger customer or increase its revenue objective
• Provided a best practices solution for each client’s Information technology and cyber security operations
• Work with clients to identify possible partnering opportunities designed to create alternative channels and revenue streams
• Provide hands-on sales coaching for overall sales, funnel management and business development performance Core BTS Fairfax, VA 2015 to 2016
Strategic Account Director
Managed Services Provider focused on data center/network cloud computing, cyber security, collaboration functions
• Recruited by senior management to target larger “new logo” opportunities
• Primary role was to develop sakes in the areas of cyber security, SOC solutions, and cloud transformation
• Developed specific marketing for cyber security assessment, pen-testing, a cloud migration planning
• Applied a vertical marketing strategy for healthcare providers in the DMV region
• Leveraged partner solutions in order to complete or “round-out” customer solutions.
• Won a multi-location, non-profit RFP requiring Pen Test and Risk assessment analysis.
• Leveraged SOC monitoring partner solution to win a significant new healthcare logo JOSEPH BARRETT
Vienna, VA 703-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org linkedin.com/in/joseph-barrett1/ Page 2 of 2
XO Communications Herndon, VA 2013 to 2015
Network services provider for public and private internet, and converged services,
• Closed $540,000 high-capacity data network interconnecting two healthcare organizations for an Epic software launch.
• Generated and closed a $385,000 a new logo medical software company for private data network and hosted voice services.
• Developed B2B direct sales and marketing efforts in the Washington metropolitan area.
• Created and performed research, account planning, and extensive business development initiatives. CenturyLink Herndon, VA 2012 to 2013
Account Director-Formerly Level 3 Communications
Global network provider of Hi-capacity data networking solutions
• Recruited by to manage and develop global accounts based in Washington DC metro area
• Upsold a large multi-national customer over 300 % in 12-month period
• Sold and developed a new logo which grew into a $70,000 MMR
• Managed team consisting of technical consultant, pricing specialist, project manager, and customer service representative.
• Established a prospecting “blueprint” which became widely adopted method in the region
• Consulted and demonstrated methods for selling into target accounts and the “C-level” suite CenturyLink Reston, VA 2006 to 2012
Major Account Executive- Formerly Qwest Communications Provider of voice and data communications to business and government customers.
• Generated $5,500,000 in contract revenue by developing and selling the largest new logo in regional history.
• Ranked in the top 5% consistently of a sales force comprised of 1,400 representatives.
• Recruited as a “sales hunter’ for the purposes developing new logo sales in the DMV region
• Specifically, targeted data center and network hosting opportunities in the commercial sector
• Utilized vertical sales strategies for organizations based in healthcare, technology, and member associations.
• Solutions portfolio included converged data communications, high cap metro fiber networking, EDUCATION TRAINING
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Economics Western New England College Springfield, MA
o Cisco CSE 2011
o Miller Heiman Strategic Selling 2007 to 2011
o Miller Heiman Large Account Selling Strategy 2011 o Corporate Executive Board “Sales Challenger” Method 2014 o RSA Symantec/Partner 2016
o EMC Partner Solutions Training 2016
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Salesforce, HubSpot, ZoomInfo, multiple CRMs VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
• CYO Girls’ Basketball Coach
• VP of Council Court Homeowner’s Association