Larry L Butcher
**** *********** *****, ***** ****** Ohio 43035
Full time employment in wireless systems support, engineering, architecture, design, and development.
8/01/2014 – Present Nokia (HCL Technologies) Wireless Networks
*L2 / L3 Cell Site Support Engineer Client Nokia (Alcatel-Lucent) In my current assignment as a Cell Site Engineer, I am responsible for all Verizon Wireless Central Office (CO) CDMA cell sites. When a problem is encountered the Verizon Engineer responsible for the cell site will call the Nokia Wireless Technical Support Center (WTSC) and an assistance request (AR) is created for the problem. The AR is then assigned to me. I make use of the Nokia Remote Access System (RAS) to tunnel into the cell site using the Verizon SANE system. I collect trace and crash record data from the individual circuit packs in the cell site for analysis. If the signaling links for a cell site are down, I use the SANE system to tunnel into the Alcatel 7750 and 7705 routers to diagnose the problem. If the problem is call processing related, I collect PCMD and KPI data at the OMP using scripting languages perl, python, or Linux ksh to analyze the problem. Once the data is collected and analyzed I call the Verizon Cell Site Engineer or CO Switch Engineer back with a solution to the problem.
1997-07/31/2014 Alcatel-Lucent Murray Hill, NJ
Software Engineer, Platform Software Development Group (Wireless Networks)
*Embedded systems software development of Universal Radio Controller, (COAM, USL). Current work concentrating on the Universal Main Controller (UMC), Line Interface Unit (LIU), and Multi- carrier EVM Modem (McEVM)
* Application / Embedded systems software development of Remote Maintenance Tool (RMT) for the complete wireless base station product line (installation and maintenance functions).
* Factory Automation test interface development (RMT, COAM, OLE) for wireless base station products.
1991-1997 Lucent Technologies Columbus, OH
Software Engineer, Quality Assurance Group
* Wireless product reliability stress testing systems design and development.
* Part 15 FCC spurious emissions testing software design and development. 1987-1991 Lucent Technologies Columbus, OH
Consultant (Software Engineering), Quality Assurance Group
* ODSS (Organizational Design System Software) design and development.
* QAMIS (Quality Assurance Management System) design and development. 1986-1987 Gelzer Systems Columbus, OH
Control Systems Engineer (Robotics and Automation Ind.)
* Robotic Automation Systems design and development.
* UNIX Internals, Real-time Database design and development. 1985-1986 Control Systems Specialists Dublin, OH
Hardware/Software Dev. Engineer (Process Control Ind.)
* Microprocessor based hardware and software design and development.
* Large scale process control systems design and development. Education
1992-1994 Wright State University Dayton, OH
* M.S. Computer Engineering.
* GPA 3.2 out of 4.0.
My interests include Family, Sports, Gardening, Ham Radio, Alternative Energy Systems Design and Development, Machining, Wood Working, Gunsmithing, Reloading, Cartridge Development Skills
C/C++, Java, Java Script .Net, XML, Assembly, Perl, Python, UML, Oracle, CDMA, TDMA, CDMA2000, 1xEvDO[RevA,B], GSM, EDGE, UMTS, LTE, WiMax, 3G, 4G, 5G, IP[v4,v6], IPSec, MLPPP, ATM, Frame Relay, VxWorks, PSOS, UNIX, Linux, Cloud Computing, Kuberneties, Snort, Nesus, Layer 2,3 Protocol Development and Analysis, Multicore Software Development, Web Services, MS Windows.