Jonathan Ray Sablan
ITT Technical Institute, San Diego, CA 92154
Applied Science Degree, Electronics Engineering
September 1995 to July 1997
Granite Hill High School, El Cajon, CA 92120
Class of ‘91
• 10 years’ experience as Radio Frequency Engineer Consultant for major service providers.
• Knowledge of Wireless Telecommunications industry best practices, company vision, and culture. PROFESSIONAL EXPEIENCE
Crafco Inc. – Maintenance Technician (Ameritemps)
Tempe, AZ – 06/15/2022 to Present
Maintain all equipment within the Crafco Inc. manufacturing facility under direct supervision. CE Technician – E2 Optics (TEKsystems)
Tempe, AZ – 02/23/2022 to 03/05/2022
• Installed coaxial cable for DAS at State Farm Stadium Owner - Sunray’s Electrical Services
Casa Grande, AZ – 01/15/2018 to 02/23/2022
• Residential and commercial electrical installation and repair. RF Engineer; Sr. IBwave Designer – Engineering Wireless Services Tempe, AZ – 03/24/ 2017 to 11/01/2017
• Consultant to T-Mobile New Site Development implementing accommodations for Nokia 600 MHz LTE.
• Asset, RFDS, CIQ, TEMS Discovery, WIND, and ELEMENT were my tools to support new cell sites for T-Mobile. RF Engineer - Repeaterstore.com
Laguna Hills, CA – 12/16/2015 to 03/25/2016
Installed DAS in Illinois for Scotsman.
Customer Relations advisor.
RF Engineer – Leaf Communications LLC
San Clemente, CA – 12/01/2014 to 11/24/2015
• Designed neutral host DAS solutions for newly constructed apartment complexes, Hotels, and commercial properties.
• Assisted with installations and commissioning of head end equipment.
• Commissioned Public Safety Repeater.
RF Engineer - DAS iBwave Design - Motive-Energy Telecommunications Corona, CA – 05/21/2014 to 11/17/2014
• Completed 35 iBwave designs for 4G in building DAS projects within seven months.
• Earned certificates for commissioning Corning Mobile Access, ADRF, Teko fiber DAS. RF Engineer - Verizon Wireless (Contractor)
Bloomington, MN - 10/21/2013 to 02/26/2014
• Approved iBwave designs in BID for DAS project to offload 4G LTE capacity.
• Attended conference calls and web meetings with project stakeholders to discuss timeline objective. Project Manager- PIM High RSSI – AT&T (Contractor) Pleasanton, CA - 06/2013 to 08/2013
• Managed PIM testing on LTE sites for internal and external sources.
• Presented field test reports of PIM affecting up link RSSI for UMTS and LTE. RF Engineer – Verizon Wireless (Contractor)
Walnut Creek, CA - 01/2011 to 12/2011
• Improved EVDO throughput with drive testing and site modifications.
• Increased LTE throughput by optimizing SINR through antenna modifications and drive test data.
• FCC regulatory filings for site modifications per SMR. Granite Engineer – AT&T (Contractor)
San Diego, CA - 09/2010 to 01/2011
• Designed DS3’s, DS1’s, gigabit Ethernet backhaul from Node-b to MSX paths using XING. RF Engineer – Verizon Wireless (Contractor)
Bloomington, MN – 03/24/2008 to 08/30/2010
• Harvested and deployed carriers for efficient utilization in ALU and Motorola markets.
• Evaluated and tuned Geoplan propagation models for RF clutter.
• Prioritized the yearly build plan utilizing Geoplan and custom excel macro.
• Involved with initial LTE testing using 45-degree, cross pol antennae.
RF Engineer - Cricket Communications (Contractor)
Pittsburgh, PA – 10/2006 to 03/2007
• Optimized green field markets in Lexington and Louisville, Kentucky for Cricket Communications.
• Tuned neighbors of cell sites for improved call drops, and call blocks. RF Engineer - Cricket Communications (Contractor)
Portland, OR - 7/2005 to 10/2006
• Managed the new build network design for a cluster of new 48 cell sites.
• Produced 48 search rings identified by coverage analysis using Planet EV forward link predictions.
• Managed the design of 60 cell sites in San Diego, CA and audited their data in Sitera and Planet databases. Optimization Specialist - Sprint PCS
San Diego, CA - 2/2001 to 4/2005
• Network drive tester: collected and post processed CDMA IS-95 channel data using Windcatcher and Mapinfo.
• Performed CW tests for new sites expanding 3G network footprint.
(References are available at your request)