Burtchville, MI *****
I have work most my younger years in different types of construction until switching paths and going to work in manufacturing. I have done many different things in home improvements from setting manufactured homes, roofing,siding and cement work. Work Experience
Millwork (paper mill)
Domtar Paper Mill - Port Huron, MI
January 2016 to Present
1. Setting up the paper winder per work order
2. Changing of chemicals and steam to make different types of paper. 3. Replacing blades on winder and dryer cans.
4. Splicing the pulley ropes together when the ropes broke or worn out. 5. Changing the canvas that helped carry the paper through the machine. 6. Rigging up the new canvas to replace old canvas 7. Daily check list of machines.
8. Checking safety rail and chains
9. Remove rolls of paper from the machine and place in winder with overhead crane 10. Run safety checks on overhead crane and winder 11. Move rolls around with forklift
1. A member of the safety team on projects with both current and future project's 2. Help setup the training program that started at one mill and went company wide 3. Was part of the audit team for both materials and work.
1. Used of tape measures daily
2. Hooking up water and air lines
3. Dismantling the guard rails, rrolls and catwalks when changing out paper wire screen. 4. Problem solving
5. Communications between shifts/crews
6. The ability to fix an issue fast and safe
7. License crane operator
8. License forklift operator
9. Working with maintenance on issues with the machine. 10. Use of both hand tools and power tools
Diversified Maintenance Inc
January 2013 to Present
1. Running of floor machine to clean the floor. Detailed cleaning of the store. 2. Ordering of material
3. Making work orders up
1. I was able to get the store back to the standards of the company
• Skills Used
1. Poblem solving when it came to the machines.Time lines are always made. Installer
Andy's Home Improvements - Avoca, MI
June 2005 to January 2021
1. Installing siding and windows.
2. Measuring and cutting of materials.
3. Reading of blue prints.
4. Cutting and removing cement
5. Replace cement
6. Setting forms for pads
I was able to help the company grow until the trade slowed down
• Skills Used
1. Working in extreme heat and cold.
2. Finishing the job on time without jeopardizing the job quality 3. Working with different crews
5. The use of both hand tools and power tools
Wal-Mart - Ft. Gratoit MI
June 2010 to January 2013
1. Mounting and Dismounting of tires.
2. Maintenance up keep on cars and trucks.
3. Ordering of equipment and parts.
4. Customer service was also a big thing.
I was able to bring more money in the company by listening to what the customer wanted and switching to their needs. I moved from service etc to service manager in 3 months.
• Skills Used
1. Problem solving,
2. Customer service
3. The ability to work under pressure with extreme heat Education
Dilpoma in General
Yale High School - Yale, MI
1996 to 2000
• Service Technician Experience
• Auto Service Management
• Commercial Cleaning
• Door Hanging
• Mechanical Knowledge
• Handyman experience
• Warehouse experience
Certifications and Licenses
Passed class, used electric folklift and gas to move materials Overhead crane
January 2017 to January 2021
Basic Maintenance and Repair — Highly Proficient
Performing basic repairs and maintenance for apartment complexes, office buildings, and other facilities
Full results: Highly Proficient
Mechanical Knowledge — Proficient
Understanding and applying mechanical concepts and processes. Full results: Proficient
Indeed Assessments provides skills tests that are not indicative of a license or certification, or continued development in any professional field.