Safety Professional with over 30 years of experience in the oil and gas, industrial, construction, and aviation industries. Recognized consistently for performance excellence and contributions to success the in Health and Safety industry. Strengths in incident prevention and root cause analysis backed by training that includes BSc Occupational Health and Safety.
• Excellent knowledge of OHS regulations
• Excellent Case Management and WCB Skills
• High degree of integrity, honesty, and strong
• Strategic and tactical thinker.
• COR Auditor Certified
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills used to develop relationships resulting in positive
• Conduct detailed Incident Investigations using
root cause analysis, resulting in significant
corrections actions and learnings.
• Motivated with strong analytical skills,
responding calmly and logically during a crisis
• Enjoy working productively and efficiently in
team environment or independently.
Safety Lead: OCL Group – Imperial Oil, Kearl Lake Alberta 01/2022 to present
• Support site and field supervision in all aspects of the onsite safety program including mechanical, civil, and electrical trade, and multiple sub-contractor work scopes. Safety Manager: Prolium Industries Ltd. – Airdrie, Alberta 02/2015 to 12/2021
• Managed and developed a successful safety program that has been implemented with crews across Canada. Major clients included Enbridge, Imperial Oil, Irving Oil, Suncor, Cenovus, Transmountain. Safety Advisor: MPS Welding – Cenovus Foster Creek, Alberta 04/2013 to 02/2015
• Safety Advisor for MPS Welding at Cenovus Energy Project and Foster Creek supporting welding and ironworker trades.
Safety Advisor: Quinn Contracting Ltd. – Cenovus Christina Lake, Alberta 01/2013 to 03/2014
• Safety Advisor for Quinn Contracting at Cenovus Christina Lake for maintenance and during shut down project.
Safety Advisor: Oil Field Paramedics – Devon Energy, Conklin, AB 02/2012 to 01/2013 GREG KITE
Lacombe, AB T4L2M3 780-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
• Safety Advisor representing Devon Energy supporting the Capital Projects Construction Group, Jackfish District.
Safety Advisor: Dowland Construction – Mt. Milligan, British Columbia 05/2011 to 10/2011
• Safety Advisor at Mt. Milligan Gold Mine supporting pipeline construction project. Industrial Medic/ Safety Lead: Fort McKay Enterprises – Wood Buffalo, Alberta 10/2010 to 04/2011
• Medic and Safety Lead for Suncor McKay River supporting seismic and drilling rig crews. Corporate Pilot/Safety Officer: AFD Petroleum Ltd. – Edmonton, AB 02/2006 to 09/2010
• Corporate Pilot operating as captain responsible for flying senior corporate executives throughout North America.
• Created successful Health and Safety program resulting in 0 Loss time incidents in over 8 years.
• Developed excellent Case Management Program resulting in minimal recordable incidents.
• Safety Manager and Field Safety Advisor for above ground storage tank cleaning, repair and maintenance, supporting welders, pipefitters, equipment operators, ironworkers, scaffolders, and other trades.
• Developed quick reference guide (Go Package) of emergency response plan for immediate case management.
• Developed Supervisor training to strengthen field level safety leadership resulting in 0 recordable incidents in the last 3 years.
• Experienced COR auditor resulting in recent external audit score of 98 % for current employer.
• Created successful orientation and screening process for employees and subcontractors.
• Cultivated strong relationships of trust with prime contractors to ensure positive business working relationship, sharing of best practices, and influenced positive change. Education
Bachelor of Science, Occupational Health and Safety, Columbia Southern University – Alabama Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals
Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP), Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) National Construction Safety Officer, Alberta Construction Safety Association - Alberta GREG KITE
Lacombe, AB T4L2M3 780-***-**** email@example.com Commercial Aviation Diploma, Mount Royal University - Calgary, AB Current Certifications:
• Auditor Training Program (ACSA)
• Basic Safety Orientation (BSO)
• Confined Space- Entry Rescue
• Fit Tester – 3M
• Gas Tester Trainer
• H2S Live
• Leadership for Safety Excellence (LSE)
• Standard First Aid – Level C CPR/AED
• WHMIS 2015
• Emergency Medical Responder, Alberta College of Paramedics – (Not current)