Bunyasi John Bosco
Al Hamra dairy farming,
(Almarai company limited Saudi Arabia)
Date of Birth :06/12/1988
Nationality : Ugandan
• Strong ability to detect and treat sick calves.
• Excellent drenching skills
• Hove trimming skills and chipping
• Good farm records management skills evidenced in my daily update of calf healthy data in herds management system
• Excellent driving skills (able to operate tractor and calf feeders)
• strong knowledge of milking rountine and procedures and milking in herringbone.
• High ability to stand and move for long hours.
1. Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy)
2. Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education
3. Uganda Certificate of Education
4. Younger Farmers certificate in commercial farming 5. Certificate of Employent(Alhamra dairy farming) 6. Individual Training Record (Almarai company limited,Alhamra Farming Division. Work Experience .
Year Responsibilities undertaken
Alhamra Genaral farm 2016 to • Milking 3600 cows in five hours twice in a Dairy
• Pushing cows from houses to cow wash pen
• Push cows to dry pen
• Move cows to millking platform
• Strip the fore milk
• Checking for Mastitis
• Attach the clusters
• Check for liner position
• Wait for milking until cluster automatically
detourch from the udder
• Applying iodine on the cows teats
• Clean the milking platform.
• Perform full 16 point health check for every
• Recording all findings on health check form
• Perform below 16 point health check again
after every 3 days and 16 point health check
• Urine for ketosis,Left Lung
Lung Sounds,RDA and Right
Abdomen,Udder and milk,Ractal
Discharge and Faeces.
• Identifying sick cows
• Moving sick cows to the crush for proper
• Treating sick cows infected by milk fever
• Recording the sick cows in health records
for follow ups
• Taking sick cows back to the house
• Pushing cows in surgery rooms if required
• Moving, identifying and treating sick
calves suffering from scours, pink eyes,
• Give calves oral fluids and IVs.
• Feed calves milk and water.
• Feeding calves on colostrum
• vaccinate calves as per schedule.
• mixing calf milk replacer (CMR).
• wean calves, record calves''heights and
• collect blood samples and genomics.
• Dehorning calves
• Bedding calves
• Cleaning the mixer
Calving • Drying off pregnant mothers
• Lying soft ground in calving houses
• Routine check up for abortion and sick cows
in dry stock and steamer houses.
• Sorting pregnant cows according to birth
days as per calving calender from breeding
• Helping cows to calve by pulling with
calving chain or hands in case the mother is
lazy or weak to calve by her self.
• Transferring calves to calf pens
• Collecting calves from calving house by tractor
• Taging new born calves
• Recording calves and mothers in the calving
• Job related safety induction(Milking
• Foot and Mouth Disease(FMD)awareness
• Safe animal handling skills-EN
• Colostrum handling
• Manual Handling
• Attending new born calf
• Almarai work and safety
• Colostrum Management(OJT)
• Calsium Bolus
• Recommending congnital abnormalitie
• Driving training (D classes valid driving
• Rinsing clusters,Milking liners and
colostrum,buckets with cold water and
• Circulating wash solution hot water and
• Rinsing with cold water
• Switching off all milking units
• Completely draining out the remaining
water after cleaning from inside the system
• Washing the vaccum line with water and
2010-2014 Makerere University Kampala, Uganda
1. Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy)
2008-2009 Zana Mixed Secondary school Kampala
1. Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education
2001-2004 Muterere Secondary School Bugiri Uganda
2005-2006 Palisa Agricultural school
1. Younger Farmers Certiticate in Agriculture
1. .Njeri Simon
(Unit Manager Calf House)
2. Kariuki Isaac
Health Unite Manager,Alhamra dairy farm,Almarai.