Rutland, MA *****
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.linkedin.com/in/ruthhutchins Build Release Engineer/Project Manager
Experienced Lead Build Release Project Manager Engineer who has work with 10,000 plus person software engineering teams of a multi-billion dollar plus division to design and develop software polices, and code release lifecycle metrics, to Service providers, business partners and vendors. Providing code packages for about 10000 Quality testing and diverse engineering test teams.
SCRUM Master offering five years of experience in improving processes and product deliveries by implementing a scaled Agile environment.
• Accomplished Build Release Engineer, with comprehensive experience in project management and DevOps development operations.
• CSM experience with delivering software projects using Agile SCRUM methodologies.
• Solutions-focused individual keeping abreast of the latest industry tools and trends in a fast-paced environment plus effective at conceptualizing and implementing long-term plans and programs.
• Concept-to-execution driver, skilled at testing continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines; automating code release process and development, and creating software projects toward set deliverables and objectives.
• Articulate communicator, with the ability to lead and train staff toward professional growth and corporate advancement. Adept at cultivating relationships with business leaders and other professionals.
• Created requisite release documentation, daily run procedures, error handling, and release notes. CORE COMPETENCIES
Software Configuration Management
Business and System Analysis
Software Development Life Cycle
Technical Process and System Improvement
System Quality Assurance ECO and Control
Core IT and Business Operations
Regulatory Compliance and Standards
Conflict Resolution and Troubleshooting
Release Content Tracking
Product Road Maps
Perform inventory items and manage daily inventory operations Agile and Scrum Methodologies Development
Microsoft Office Suite* Artifactory* Jenkins* Maven* Linux* Unix* VMAX*SLACK* Jira*VMware GIT Hub *Jenkins*SCRUM Agile* Core UI UX Components * Tableau *Tomcat * Delphi* Confluence* Cloud*Confluence*QA Automation Software development* CICD* OPT* MVS*API* Docker *Kubernetes Storage Containers *Time Management * Organized * Problem Solving * Decision Making * Detail Oriented* 2 of 3
DELL EMC – HOPKINTON, MA
Advisor Engineering Project Manager: 2002 - 2020
Served as primary release lead responsible for all development and sustaining release code packages.
Closely collaborated with DevOps leadership and peers to conduct testing within the continuous integration
(CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines.
Took full charge of the entire aspects of code release process and development builds through automation.
Acted as the Artifactory administrative liaison between quality assurance, development, and project management to resolve code issues, ensure milestones and release life cycle, and meet all operational values.
Managed all SCRUM Master ceremonies for the Dev OPS team. Set up bi-weekly stand-up meetings and help track stories.
Efficiently handled formal release records and procedures in monitoring content and standards for decision- making, code build requirements, ECO and the entire management plans.
• An effective leader, trainer and collaborator to cross-functionally teams
• Liaison with product teams within Quality Assurance, Development and Business Shared services to plan and deploy support plans
• Manage and track release calendar.
• Provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production which also includes process training to cross functional teams.
Applied strategic approach in supervising various teams to perform assigned tasks:
- Security software development, as well as on project and customer communication procedures for the release process.
- Release content and business objective attainment; and
- Distributed Team for monitoring of the release process in multiple time zones.
Initiated communication regarding the release readiness reviews companywide. EMC Co, Hopkinton, MA
SW Config Release Engineer 10/2002 – 11/2018
• Primary person responsible for implementing and managing release processes for the progression of engineer changes in development, test and production.
• Trained off-shore teams the build process. Worked with teams on documentation and improvements of the build process.
• Produced timely code builds to a 24-hour, global organization
• Inventory all lab equipment.
• Interface with development on all code released issues and errors.
• Maintain daily reports for the EVT nightly builds, plus removal and additions during Regression cycles.
• Serves as liaison between QA and Development teams EMC CO, Hopkinton, MA
Hardware Engineer 1 02/1999 – 10/2002
• Test various software on multiple heterogeneous host which include AS400, MVS, Unix, Sun, NT, CEC. Mainframe, AIX and Novell
• Create mappings and configurations for connections of host and Symmetrix for the lab and was involved in lab moves.
• Test database functions and features
• Monitor and maintain QE Web database for data integrity
• Assign test groups temporary patches and fixes.
• Install patch database on PCs.
• Create reports for QA managers
3 of 3
ALLMERICA FINANCIAL COMPANY – WORCESTER, MA
Senior Operations Analyst, PC Technical Support, Security Administrator COMMERCE INSURANCE COMPANY – WORCESTER, MA
Computer Operator, Tape Librarian AS400 and Mainframe Backups, Disaster Recovery Career Highlights
Exemplified industry expertise and outstanding performance, as reflected on the following awards:
- EMC Excellence Bronze Award in 2012 and 2016
- EMC Excellence Gold Award in 2017
- Dell Excellence Silver Award 2018
- Dell Applause Award 2019
PC Services Specialist with A+ Certification – Clark University Certified Microsoft Windows NT Network 4.0 Administration and Web Master - Clark University Training/Courses
Introduction to Information System Hardware/Software Concepts- The Salters School Operation Management Programming Fundamentals – The Salters School Computer Principles – Nichols College
Comprehensive Intro to Fibre Channel – EMC Training OS 390 MVS Concerts and Facilities– EMC Training
In-Depth Exploration of SCSI – EMC Training
Disk Drive Technology – EMC Training
Volunteer, Storage Community Involvement Committee -Dell EMC Volunteer, Hack Attack Planning Committee -Dell EMC Volunteer, Stewardship Committee/Against Hunger Committee- First Congregational Church of Rutland Volunteer, Music Committee- First Congregational Church of Rutland Church Sexton, First Congregational Church of Rutland Vice President, Friends on the Council on Aging– Rutland Senior Center Elected Secretary, Happy Sam Camping Club