George Kingi Kazungu
email@example.com • https://www.linkedin.com/in/george-kingi-a7888a77
Passport No: AK0878829
ID No: 27932650
A dynamic technology-oriented graduate of Business Management and Information Technology. Possesses work experiences in diverse environments including public sector, leisure, entertainment and banking industries. Proven track record of delivering results through communication, customer service, clerical and information technology skills. Seeks opportunities in progressive environments with opportunity to deliver results and grow professionally.
Senior Relationship Officer July 2019 -Present
Unaitas Sacco LTD • Mombasa
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for knowledge-based business growth of quality assets and liabilities, portfolio management as per the credit policy and all-round relationship management to generate income for the organization.
2. Data mining from existing customers and creating a pipeline for business growth.
3. Interviewing, analyzing and evaluating credit applications with the emphasis on risks, and develop timely credit proposal for consideration.
4.Implementing proper risk management practices to ensure that the branch maintains a portfolio at risk less than 5% of the total loan book.
5. Providing feedback to Head office departments on the market characteristics and competitors activities to ensure opportunities for new customers’ acquisition and enhance market share.
Unit Manager Jun 2019 -June 2020
Madison Insurance Co. Ltd • Nairobi
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Recruit, supervise, and manage sales team/ financial advisors and meet the unit requirements. 2. Conducting trainings to the sales team on the company products, sales cycle and basic financial management skills to achieve results.
3. Sales planning that achieves the sets targets and objectives.
4. Building and managing good customer relationships to ensure long term business engagement 5. Identify markets for the sales team to secure business and attaining the set overall sales targets.
6. Performing performance appraisals and motivation for the sales team.
7. Selling of Life products and other company products as target prescribe.
Lead Generator (Acquiring) Feb 2015 - Jun 2019
Barclays Bank of Kenya • Mombasa & Diani
1) Grow and develop acquiring business from existing clients through ensuring adequate POS usage.
2) Conduct aggressive recruitment of new key merchants to generate new business.
3) Cross-selling bank products through working closely with other departments.
4) Connect with branch staff members to deliver on POS revenues
5) Primary key contact for all merchants and ensure that all the merchants in the portfolio are active
6) Lead the implementation of Merchant training.
7) Offer the day to day management of the merchants
8) Timely delivery of merchant acquiring projects for the business.
IT Helpdesk Intern May 2013 - Sep 2013
Kenya Ports Authority • Mombasa
• Installation of Software and Operating systems on Desktops
• Installation of hardware and troubleshooting of desktops and laptops.
• Application software installation (Office 2007, 2010, 2013), KWATOS and F-secure.
• Sap Client installation and configuration.
• Internet. MS outlook Configuration and troubleshooting.
• Developing and implementing an effective maintenance and service routine for IT equipment i.e. desktops, laptops, scanners.
• Pulling of UTP cable and fibre optic cable (structured cabling).
• Configuration and troubleshooting on Network Rj45, VHM, HHT and detecting of network failure on faulty cables and wiring closets, termination of patch cords.
• Performing data backup and transfer on desktops and laptops.
Customer Advisor- Sales May 2011 - Sep 2011
Barclays Bank of Kenya • Mombasa
1) Deliver set targets in asset and liability for retail banking.
2) Provide excellent customer service.
3) Conduct door to door direct selling.
4) Provide regular sales reports.
5) Seek feedback from customers on banks products.
Bachelor of Business Information Technology Sep 2010 - Nov 2014
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology • Nairobi, Kenya
Grade: Second Class Honours: Upper Divison.
Procurement Training Feb 2013 - Feb 2013
Taita Taveta University College • Voi, Kenya
Computer Applications and Packages Jan 2009 - Jun 2009
Dignity Computer College • Mombasa, Kenya
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Feb 2005 - Nov 2008
Malindi High School • Mombasa, Kenya
•Strong Leadership skills • Excellent Selling and Networking skills • Customer Relationship Management • Communication Skills. • Team leader and team developer • Risk management in procurement and supply • International procurement and contracting • Time management • Problem Solving • Public speaking • OS, Drivers, SAP installations • Negotiation & Persuasion. • Desktops and Laptops Troubleshooting
Lead Generator Mar 2017 - Mar 2017
Barclays Bank • Mombasa
MADD (Make A Difference Day): On this Day, i took time off my official duties to serve college students, teaching them WORK SKILLS, MONEY SKILL and ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS.
Web design Feb 2015 - May 2015
Malindi Children Home • Mombasa
Volunteered to create a website for Malindi Children Home: www.malindichildrenshome.com
1. Maintained a 99% satisfaction rating over a 4 year Period as a Relationship Manager
2) Grew annual card turnover by 28% allowing the bank to continuously grow.
3) Being a high school leader, I was able to work closely with teachers to ensure high discipline for students was observed.
4) Over five years work experience in the banking and investment Industry.
5) Successfully managed and led a team of 10 members as a Unit Manager.
Madison Insurance Co LTD
Director,Malindi Children Home
Barclays Bank of Kenya