Certified Phlebotomist well versed in venipuncture, capillary puncture, and special collection procedures. Detail-oriented and committed to maintaining highest quality control and patient care standards. Adept in variety of software applications for EMR maintenance. PROFESSIONAL
SKILLS Electronic Medical Record
● Interval Testing
● Butterfly Venipuncture
● Specimen Collection
● Blood Alcohol Testing
● Sharps Collection
Vacuum Tube and Syringe
● Tray Organization
● Glucose Screening
● Hemoglobin Testing
● Sample Processing
HOME CARE PROVIDER 02/2020 to 05/2021
Home Healthcare Service, Houston, TX
PHLEBOTOMIST 01/2019 to 08/2020
WOF Medical Clinic, Houston, TX
Monitored progress and documented patient health status changes to keep care team updated.
● Assisted patients with personal requirements for housekeeping and grooming assistance.
● Followed nutritional plans to prepare optimal meals.
● Administered medication as directed by physician.
● Administered medications to patients and remained vigilant for negative side effects. Established nutritious meal plans and prepared daily offerings to meet patient dietary needs.
Helped patients safely transition between sleeping surfaces and mobility assistance such as wheelchairs by providing consistent support.
Applied mobility assistance knowledge to safely ambulate patients in different spaces involving varying elevations and obstacles.
Coordinated daily medicine schedules and administration to help clients address symptoms and enhance quality of life.
● Followed physician orders to correctly administer therapeutic phlebotomy.
● Centrifuged blood samples as outlined in clinical protocols. Labeled transfer tubes and followed exact directions for handling and storing specimens for transport.
Followed established guidelines for reporting significant medical errors or unanticipated outcome in patient care.
● Conducted venipuncture and other CT procedures.
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST 10/2018 to 06/2019
The Medical Resort at Pearland, Nursing Home, Houston, Tx HOME HEALTH AIDE 08/2017 to 09/2018
Hands Of Rose Home Care, Humble, TX
● Stocked phlebotomy cart or carrier with appropriate supplies.
● Completed proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work areas between patients.
● Performed bedside tests like bleeding time tests and entered results into patient charts. Maintained files and records by implementing effective filing systems that boosted efficiency and organization.
Answered multi-line phone system to respond to inquiries and transfer calls to correct departments and personnel.
● Explained details regarding property to acclimate patrons to resort environment.
● Maintained transaction security by verifying payment cards against identification.
● Protected guest valuables with main safe or in individual boxes to maximize security. Responded swiftly to room requests and other inquiries made via establishment website, email or phone.
Updated customer accounts with add-on room charges, minibar use and room service bills.
● Coordinated group movements between base locations and field activity areas.
● Monitored guests for signs of distress, unsafe behaviors, and illegal activities. Submitted attendance records, observation records, and incident and injury reports by completing routine and required forms.
Developed proactive treatment goals and recreational plans based on skilled assessment of each patient.
Offered patients and families emotional support and instruction in preparing healthy meals, independent living and adaptation to disability or illness.
● Provided mobility assistance such as walking and regular exercising.
● Traveled to clients' homes to complete healthcare services and promote continuity of care.
● Administered prescribed medications under direction of physician. Checked vital signs and administered prescription medication under guidance and supervision of skilled nursing staff to facilitate basic health care services.
Performed ambulation and exercise and completed household services to help patient maintain routine and lifestyle in familiar home environment.
1St Class Learning Center, Houston, Tx
Cerification, Phlebotomy, 08/2021
Alief Hastings High School, Houston, Tx
High School Diploma, 06/2015
CERTIFICATIONS ● Phlebotomist, 1st Class Learning Center, 8/2021
● CPR, First Aid & AED Certified, Red Cross 2015 to current