Goal-oriented dedicated to continuous improvement. Drive positive changes as head of a successful team with loyal and satisfied associates. Talented manager, problem-solver, and business leader with proven expertise in growing business with forward-thinking strategies.Resourceful and tireless Manager able to handle all management needs, including budgets, schedules, and projects. Always looking for ways to improve operations and increase team success. Resolve problems tactfully, keeping employees and customers satisfied.
Chief Steward, Sheraton Time Square New York Jan 2017 — Feb 2021 New York City
• Approached and solve work problems with initiative and sound judgment.
• Manage staff of 50-55 Local 6 union members ensuring forecasted budget and maintained union rules and past practices.
• Manage all events held in over 60,000 sq/ft square feet of versatile catering/ event space.
• Prepared monthly budget payroll forecast and monthly inventory for glass, china, silverware, operating, and cleaning supplies.
• Upheld cleaning standards with the use of daily and weekly checklists.
• Manage stewarding requests for banquets, event services, restaurants ( Hudson Market, Library Bar), and Starbucks.
• Trained the associates in both English and Spanish. Banquets Supervisor, St. Regis Bahia Beach and Resort Nov 2010 — Jun 2016 Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.
• Adapted event plans base on extensive knowledge of catering equipment and requirements of specific venues.
• Delivered exceptional guests experience through careful adherence to customer specifications and job work orders.
• Controlled costs, consistently tracking food and supply usage, and minimizing waste. Banquet Supervisor, The Ritz Carlton Hotel and Casino May 2005 — Jun 2016 Isla Verde, Puerto Rico.
• Executed last-minute changes and inspected setups in time for all staff final calls.
• Manage events with up to 4,000 attendees by working in close collaboration with the event coordinator, food and beverage manager, and executive Chef.
• Improved performance by mentoring struggling workers to strengthen job skills and knowledge. EDUCATION
Polytechnic University of PR. Aug 1994 — May 2000
4th year Industrial Engineering Hato Rey, Puerto Rico Lorenzo Coballes Gandia Aug 1992 — Jun 1994
High school Diploma Hatillo, Puerto Rico.
Excellent Communication Skills
Language: English and Spanish