NAME & ADDRESS DETAILS
Name: AHEIBAM LINTHOINGAMBI CHANU
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent Address: Kalinagar, Jiribam, Imphal East Dist. Manipur-795116 Present Address: Assam University, Silchar, Cachar Dist. Assam-788011 CAREER OBJECTIVE:
Looking forward to a good opportunity in a reputed organization that would provide me with an opportunity to enhance my career prospects.
Completed Masters’ Degree in Linguistics and submitted Ph.D. thesis entitled: “A Descriptive Grammar of Lairamlo: A Dialect of Tangkhul” in Department of Linguistics, in Assam University, Silchar on 20.09.2019 under the Supervision of Prof. Kh. Dhiren Singha, Department of Linguistics, Assam University, Silchar).
Language Applied for Manipuri Language.
Name of the
University Name of the
Percent-age Year of
Assam University 63% 2012
Assam University 61.81% 2011
Jiri College 54.44% 2008
• Completed 3-Week Intensive Training Programme on “Research Methodology in Translation Studies” organized by the National Translation Mission at CIIL, Mysuru. 1 to 21 December 2017
• Completed 5-Days Training Programme “workshop on “Writing Linguistic Reports on Minor Languages” organized by the Mother Tongue Survey of India at CIIL, Mysore.
• Worked a project under “Mother Tongue Survey of India.” PRESENTATION:
• Participated in 11th International Conference of the North East Indian Linguistics Society
(NEILS) in January 2018, organized by University of Oregon, USA and LaTrobe University, Australia and hosted by Department of Humanities and Social Science & Centre for Linguistics and Cultural Studies, CIT Kokrajhar.
• Participated in 10
International Conference of the North East Indian Linguistics Society
(NEILS) in February 2020, organized by University of Oregon, USA, LaTrobe University, Australia and Guwahati University, Guwahati and hosted by Assam University, Silchar. PARTICIPATION:
• Participated in three days’ workshop on ‘Endangered Tibeto-Burman Languages of NE India’ in September 2016, organized by Department of Linguistics, Assam University in collaboration with linguist(s) from the Department of Linguistics, University of Oregon, U.S.A.
• Participated in three days’ workshop on ‘Grammatical Structure of Tibeto-Burman Languages of North East India’ in January 2017, organized by Department of Linguistics, Assam University in collaboration with linguist(s) from the Department of Linguistics, University of Oregon, U.S.A.
• Participated in two days’ workshop on ‘Mother Tongue Education’ in April 2017, organized by Manipuri Sahitya Parishad, Assam.
• Participated in the ‘Training Programme Cum Workshop on Language Teaching, Testing and Evaluation’ in February 2011, organized by Department of Linguistics, Assam University in collaboration with Central Institute of Indian Languages, Department of Higher Education, Government of India, Mysore.
• Published a paper on the topic ‘Case Marking in Lairamlo: A Preliminary Investigation’ in Language in India in June, 2018.
• Published a paper on the topic ‘Word Order in Lairamlo’ in Language in India in July, 2019. Educational Qualification
Other Qualification: Basic Computer Knowledge
• DOB 23/02/1986
• Languages Known: Manipuri, Hindi and English.
• Blood Group: B
• Marital Status: Unmarried
• Designation: Research Scholar.