OBJECTIVE: Seeking employment as a Medical Technologist in your organization, where I can maximize on my skills and knowledge that I have obtained during my years of study, on internship also while working at other laboratories; which will enable me to contribute in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases for patients.
● Christiana High School September 2004 - June 2009
● Knox Community College September 2010 - June 2011
● Pre-University Mandeville September 2012 June 2013
● Northern Caribbean University, Jamaica August 2013 - August 2018 EXPERIENCE:
● Shimac Laboratory (February 2019 – Present)
Phlebotomy, Hematology, Chemistry,
Microbiology, Urinalysis, Serology
● Integrated Medical Services Ltd. Laboratory (May - November 2018 ) Voluntary Service - Phlebotomy, hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Type results.
● Hargreaves Memorial Hospital, Mandeville (January 2015) Voluntary Service.
● National Public Health Laboratory, Kingston (August 2017– February 2018) Medical Technologist (Intern) for 6 Months.
• Preparation and examination of peripheral smears and platelet count; Coagulation workup including PT and APTT. Sickle cell slides preparation, perform Complete Blood Count (CBC), Reticulocyte Count, Reverse and Forward blood typing, and Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate
• Body Fluids
CSF, Plural, Peritoneal, Ascitic and Semen.
• Blood Banking (Immunohematology)
Compatibility testing of Whole Blood and Red Cell Concentrate, while determining blood type; also gain knowledge in regards to making FFP, cryoprecipitate, pack cells and platelets.
• Clinical Microscopy
Experience in Urinalysis.
● Prepared tissue sections for microscopic examinations using techniques to demonstrate special cellular tissue elements or other characteristics.
● Experience in Immunohistochemistry.
● Mounting and staining of gynecological and non-gynecological specimens. Microbiology
• Occult Blood and Direct fecal smear stool exam.
• Culturing samples
● Operated chemistry machine.
● Calibrated and ran control specimen prior to analysis.
● Recorded, reported, and monitored Quality Control data. Communication and Teamwork Skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a cooperative team member Organizational Skills
• Organized and effectively able to multitask
• Ability to work with strict deadlines
OTHER SKILLS: Proficiency in using Microsoft word, Excel and Power-point REFERENCES: Available upon request.