Jerry M. Burns
Senior Estimator, with 38-years of experience in the Construction Industry. Knowledge of all construction trades, Construction methods, cost and analysis of the project’s process relating to job costing. Senior Project Manager with more than 30 years as a General Contractor owner with management experience. I was fortunate enough to be a hands-on Finish and Framing Carpenter for 8 years before my first Estimators position. This 8-year allowed for the developed and insight to the workings of construction sequence and processes within a project. As such, this created a higher skill set as an estimator and project manager. This experience and the knowledge of construction would be applied to the development and pre-construction oversite needed to get a project started and within projected budgets. This was done successfully and was achieved on more than 200 diverse projects. These projects ranged from a few thousand dollars to over 6 million dollars each. This would include offices, TIs, Restaurants, Car Washes, Health Care Facilities, RV Parks and Recreation Centers, Car Dealerships, Medical Pharmacy Facilities, and many more. As a capable and skilled leader in managing that inspire project team members to provide valve to the project and their clients. This resulted in the delivery of quality projects on time and within budget.
• General Construction Cost and Design * Advance problem solving * Project planning and development
* Construction process re-engineering * Blueprints and Schematic * Electrical Plumbing and HVAC Design
* Construction estimating and bidding * Commercial Construction * Residential Construction
Senior Estimator / Senior Project Manager, 09/2019 to 09/2020
Innovative Technology Development Group, LLC --- Tucson, Arizona
• Overseeing Construction of a new 151 room Hampton Inn, Phoenix, Az.
Arizona Business Owner 01/1998 to Present
J3 Construction LLC, owner – Tucson, Arizona 01/1993 to 2018
• Conducted pre-bid conferences with subcontractors and suppliers.
• Oversight for the bids of negotiated and work proposals
• Construction Schedules and critical pathways within the schedules
• Manager and owner of the day to day operations of J3 Construction
The Kitchen, Owner – Tucson Az 5/98 to 2/2003
• Commercial Prep facility for offsite Catering to Nascar Race Teams
• Food service at the race track for Team members and Drivers
• Sponsorship for varies Nascar race teams
H4 Excavating LLC and New Mountain Range Plumbing LLC owner- Tucson, Arizona, 06/2013 to 2018
Two subcontractor companies purchased that compliment J3 Constructions ability to provide additional services in Commercial and Residential projects.
IMS Business Consulting – Tucson, Arizona
• Offering expertise on business development to enhance new systems procedures and implementation for increasing bottom line profits as well as effective employee development.
• Create complete business plans and operational strategies for new and existing business.
• Provide personalized business consulting and overhaul services to strengthen the client’s success.
Short list of examples of Projects By J-3 Construction totaling over 22 Million Dollars in completed work.
· Thoroughbred Nissan West Sales Lot 5163 E. 22nd. Tucson, AZ
· The Kitchen 7831 E. Wrightstown Rd. Tucson, AZ
· Thoroughbred Nissan Body Shop. 5102 E 22nd, Street Tucson, AZ
· Cien Anos Restaurant 10325 N. Canada Dr. Tucson, AZ
· Essence Day Spa . Oro Valley, AZ
· Ra Sushi 2905 Skyline Dr. Tucson, AZ
· Village Bakehouse 6960 E. Sunrise Dr. #140. Tucson, AZ
· Village Bakehouse Commissary 2550 N Dragoon. Tucson, AZ
· Tucson Meadows R.V. Park 2121 S. Pantano Rd. Tucson, AZ.
· The Palms 255 W. Wilcox Dr. Sierra Vista, AZ
· Imax Therapeutics 1700 E. 18th Street. Tucson, AZ
· Crossing Point Clubhouse. 7th & Railroad Sierra Vista, AZ
· Warehouse for Pepsi Cola 175 W. Kayetan Dr. Sierra Vista, AZ
· Sierra Toyota 2596 Fry Blvd. Sierra Vista, AZ
· Valley Imaginary Solutions 902 E Fry Sierra Vista, AZ
· New Frontier Animal Medical Center. 2045 Paseo San Luis S.V.AZ
· Compound Pharmacy. 2085 Fry Blvd Sierra Vista, AZ
· Southeast AZ Assoc. of Realtors 125 S. 2nd Sierra Vista, AZ
· Northrup Grumman Tenant Improvement Sierra Vista, AZ
· DEA New Facility 6755 E Hwy 90 Sierra Vista, AZ
1019-August 2020 Senior Project Manager/ Estimator, for Innovative Technology Development Group LLC. Tucson, Arizona 85747.
1989-2020. In addition to J3 Construction, IMS (Information Managing Systems) as Business Management Consultant. I have contained to consult for various business’s in Tucson and Sierra Vista Arizona. This consisted of contract negotiations, Design Build Projects, Budget Analysis, Construction and Design, and management programs and training.
1983-1989 B.F.L Construction 140 S Euclid Ave, Tucson, AZ.
Held the position of Senior Estimator and Senior Project Manager. These positions consisted of estimating completive bidding as well as negating work on large commercial projects. As the Contracts were awarded, the responsibility would transfer over to Project Manager until completion of the project.
John Burns 310-***-****
Wayne Swan– Architect 520-***-****
Tom Parson – Parsons Steel 520-***-****
Oscar A. Campos Jr., PH.D. –President Thoroughbred Nissan 520-***-****
Robin Roberts- Administration Manager