Deidre Ann Guy
• A UI/UX certified designer and documentation specialist with over twenty years of experience built upon a strong background of professional skills.
• Technical Documentation and Writing experience in all domains across all mobile devices (MAC, Android, Windows, and Lotus), Developer Documents, Oil and Gas applications, Tax rate and Commercial Property
• Developed Training Materials, Complex Software Documentation, User Manuals, Release Notes, Installation Guides, Design Guides, Technical Guidance, and other technical documentation.
• Expert in Technical Writing, UX/UI Designing, Project Planning and Management, Agile SCRUM Methodologies, Documentation Design
• Bachelor of Science, Electronic Engineering Technology, Texas Southern University, Houston, TX Certifications
• User Experience Certification Nielsen Norman Group
• National Quality Assurance-1 Certified Writing
• Introduction to Python Programming
• Software Proficiencies:
Python, Drupal, Confluence, WordPress, OmniGraffle, Adobe Creative Suite, Azure, InVision, FrameMaker, Visual Studio, Sketch, SharePoint, Visio, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
UX/UI Certified Designer, Project Planning and Management, Agile SCRUM Methodologies, Documentation Design
Cox Automotive Group, Austin, Texas 03/2020 – Present Senior UX / API Writer
• Create REST API Reference documents, software development kits, requirements gathering documents and help content articles.
• Ensure online content complies with corporate brand standards.
• Evaluate the usability of new and existing products and suggest changes.
• Manage and shape content and messaging strategies.
• Participate in usability site designs reviews to determine potential content and usability issues.
• Define user models and interfaces for new/updated features and functionality.
• Partner with product managers, internal business stakeholders and functional teams to define content requirements and strategy that best achieve business goals.
• Ensure content and design meet business objectives and user needs.
• Recommend content solutions or strategies that address issues uncovered in concert with design.
• Review and interpret analytics on an ongoing basis to understand user behavior. International Business Machines, Austin, Texas 07/2018 – 4/2019 Technical Writer /UI-UX Designer
• Analyzed highly technical information to create help content articles for all mobile devices
(MAC, Android, Windows, and Lotus).
• Used command line, HTML, CSS and Markdown to create, debug, troubleshoot, and update content.
• Recommended new ways of organizing help center content and published Watson articles and help center content using Drupal.
• Audited existing articles and content removing obsolete content, consistency and broken links. United States Department of Interior (Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement), Through General Dynamics Information Technology, New Orleans, Louisiana 04/2017 – 12/2017 Sr. Technical Writer/Sr. Technical Analyst
• Provided support to read and analyze highly technical materials and to create presentations of that information. This may be specifications, drawings, user manuals, presentations, reports, schematics, or training documents.
• Authored complex software documentation, including user manuals, release notes, installation guides, design guides, technical guidance, and other technical documentation.
• Wrote and/or edited technical documents, including business proposals, reports, briefings and presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements.
• Consulted relevant information sources, including library resources, technical documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information, and verify guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables.
• Facilitated project meetings with customers, government regulators, and project team stakeholders.
• Used human computer interaction design techniques, information usability, user task needs analysis, and audience characteristics for manual development and application design. Created wireframe to design websites and web applications. Harris County Appraisal District, Houston, Texas 07/2015 – 04/2017 Senior Technical Writer
• Created documentation describing the models used to determine the tax rate per land area.
• Wrote and edited the commercial property division valuation manuals.
• Designed graphics and other media relaying highly technical in concise formats. KB Consulting, Albuquerque, New Mexico 07/2013 – 07/2015 Senior Technical Writer
• Created a policy and procedures manual.
• Developed Nuclear Quality Assurance (NQA-1) and National Regulatory Commission (NRC) certified presentation and training for all employees.
• Created forms for software control and data acquisition to use for audit and tracking.
• Modified existing technical documentation to adhere to NQA1 sand NRC standards.
• Developed project plan estimates and deliverables. Assisted engineers with rewrites and edits of whitepapers, manuscripts, and presentations.
Schlumberger, Houston, Texas 12/2012 – 07/2013
Senior Technical Writer
• Managed technical writing projects from initial planning to ready for market.
• Edited policy and training manuals, white papers, abstracts, and marketing data sheets.
• Assisted engineers with rewrites and edits of whitepapers, operations and training manuals.
• Increased employee productivity by suggesting timesaving techniques for use in data management software.
• Presented complex information to the target audience in a concise, accurate, and usable form.
• Developed operational support product files, requirements, estimations and project plans for information product development.
• Organized and managed workflows with subject matter experts and contractors.
• Developed technical communications business processes, competencies, tools, standards, best practices, SharePoint workflows, style guides, and templates. DG Inc., Houston, Texas 03/2011 – 07/2012
Senior UI Designer
• Used human computer interaction techniques, information usability, user task needs analysis, and audience characteristics to create a user training manual.
• Created wireframe to design websites and web applications.
• Created Disability accessible websites.
Coade / Intergraph, Houston, Texas 10/2000 – 03/2011 Senior Technical Writer
• Spearheaded project to determine documentation and software design changes needed for international migration to Russian and Japanese language programs.
• Increased productivity by migrating existing legacy documentation from 8 product lines products.
• Developed and implemented company style guide ensuring consistency over 8 product lines.
• Conducted Black Box end-user acceptance testing and Numerical Verification and Validation testing.
• Created and edited training, user, quick reference, system operation, and administrative manuals for project engineers to analyze designs, reduce costs and improve safety in the areas of pipe stress analysis, pressure vessel design and full plant design. Powerbrief, Houston, Texas 03/2000 - 09/2000
• Used wireframes and paper prototypes to produce iterations of web application.
• Collaborated with the chief executive officer and chief technical officer to establish requirements document criteria for software development and implementation.
• Created documentation using functional and technical requirements.
• Conducted A-B Testing to produce web application iterations.
• Produced user manual for a web application.