Arun Kumar Ashokan M.S Construction & Project Management
firstname.lastname@example.org +919********* • Port Blair, South Andaman https://www.linkedin.com/in/arun-ashokan-453996155 Dedicated and results-driven professional with educational background in construction project management and hands- on experience leading academic projects. Possess civil engineering and project management knowledge with an ability to optimise business processes. Gained an in-sight about designing, testing, and evaluating design, cost and safety of a project. Strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to supervise construction projects and direct team members in achieving university goals.
Areas of Expertise include:
Project Management Team Leadership Cost Control & Reduction
Quality Assurance Research & Analysis Designing & Testing
Geo Technical & Transportation Engineering Structure Design Risk Management Education
Master of Science in Construction Project Management with Merit ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY ABERDEEN, SCOTLAND, UNITED KINGDOM 2019 AutoCAD 2007, MS Suit, MATLAB, GIS, STAADPRO, GEOSTUDIO, BIM and ASTA Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering, with First Class CGPA 7.85 DR.B.R. AMBEDKAR INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY PORT BLAIR, SOUTH ANDAMAN, INDIA 2015 Academic & Project Experience
Robert Gordon University • Aberdeen • May 2019 – September 2019 International reputation for providing high quality education from undergraduate through to PhD level, as well as a range of commercial services and research solutions. ACADEMIC PROJECT
Presented Volumetric MMC for slow growth of modern method construction and by observing the situation of houses in UK. Method can reduce construction time and promote sustainable development, as well as save additional cost. Successfully surveys were collected from outside of construction industry and found better results and also discussed by project managers.
• Identified current housing crisis of UK and analysed the effectiveness of volumetric MNC. Dr B R Ambedkar Institute of Technology • Port Blair • May 2014–April 2015 Committed to provide qualitative educational opportunities, zeal and services that meet or exceed the needs of learners, industry/ business organisations, and our community. ACADEMIC FINAL YEAR PROJECT
Successfully managed the fast-growing traffic through a study for Port Blair town. Traffic flow lowered the level of service (LOS) and increased traffic jams in peak hours. It became a challenge for traffic management and planning process teams. Eight roads were selected for profile survey and volume survey to measure gradient and level of service. LOS was also compared with Highway capacity manual. Conducted surveys from road users to improve flow and reduce mass transportation to regulate traffic smooth. Key Accomplishments:
• Delivered level of service (LOS) for the seven major roads.
• Published paper on the research in an international journal. Design of M25 Concrete at various ratio Port Blair 2013 Professional Experience
Naidu Construction • Port Blair, India • June 2015 – December 2017 (2.5 yrs.) A private limited, trusted company in the residential, commercial, and infrastructure segments. SITE CUM DESIGN ENGINEER
Effectively increased the facilities and accommodation of Naval ship repair yard. Delivered the quality work at arrest land side. Enhanced numbers of boulder bund at fish landing point and contracted jetty pathway for fisher men. Key Accomplishments:
• Planned the working hours according to the tides and transformed design according to the site. PBSD EE, APWD • Port Blair, Andaman Nicobar Islands, India • May 01, 2014 - May 16, 2014 Engineering organization responsible for creating infrastructure and providing comprehensive services including planning, designing, construction and maintenance. TRAINEE AT PBSD EE OFFICE:
Learnt cost estimation to provide a reference for cost control during the execution of the project. Well-Observed procedures of training and survey collection also gained knowledge of construction using asphalt, concrete, artificial stone, bricks, tiles etc.
MSME-Development Institute Guindy • Chennai, India • June 03, 2015 - June 12, 2015 Provide testing facilities for quality upgradation, constancy in testing, quality control, quality management. TRAINEE:
Acquire knowledge of identifying, sizing, and providing facilities within the boundaries of construction site. Take strict safety cautions at the construction site as well as for whole station to create safe environment. Currently employment: Part Time Academic Writer, Paperpedia Additional Experience as Customer Service Representative; Domino’s Pizza Teaching Assistant; British Council Teaching
Trainee, PBSD EE Office, APWD, Port Blair, Andaman Nicobar Islands, India Duration: May 01, 2014 -May 16, 2014Learnt about estimation, survey, retaining structures, AutoCAD and pavement construction Trainee, MSME-Development Institute Guindy, Chennai, India Duration: June 03, 2015 -June 12, 2015Learnt about site layout, safety measures in construction site and total station. Academic Research
Design of M25 Concrete at various ratio Port Blair 2013 Traffic analysis for major roads of Port Blair and the impact of mass transportation journal published in Informative & Futuristic Research, vol.3, issue 6, February 2016, ISSN: 2347-1696. ARUN KUMAR ASHOKAN
Page Three of Three
• Coordinator in the annual Diwali event at Robert Gordon University, November2018.
• Participated in the IBCC workshop on Bridge Engineering, January 2015.
• Participated in Advanced Training Programme on IGBC’s Green New Buildings Rating System, Oct 2014
• Participated in Internet of Things workshop -a joint initiative by AppMob and Frugal Labs Tech Solution Private Limited, Sep 2014.
• Participated in a workshop on ‘Interfacing Innovation and IPR for Diffusion of Technology’ organized by NDRC and A & N S&T Council, July 2014.
• Participated in the interdepartmental Folk Dance and Singing competition and won first prize in 2013 -‘14.
• Elected Student Secretary Cultural in DBRAIT for the session 2013- ‘14. Technical Skills
Programming Languages: C and C++Database Skills: MS Office, MS Excel, MATLAB Platforms: Windows
(XP/Vista/7/8) Others: AutoCAD 2007, MS Office, MATLAB, GIS, STAADPRO, GEOSTUDIO, BIM and ASTA