Dr. Arini Basu
Permanent Address: E-609 Raheja Residency, Koramangala, Bangalore, India – 560034 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To pursue a career in clinical and scientific research as a Physician specializing in Respirology, with a broader pursuit of public health initiatives for underserved communities.
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) Internal Medicine – 2016-2019: From Rajarajeswari Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore, India (Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore).
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – 2009-2014: from Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore, India (Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore).
• Presently serving in the capacity of Junior Consultant in the department of Internal Medicine since August 2019, in Bangalore Baptist Hospital, overseeing the Emergency Department, Out Patient Department and in-patient wards, providing assistance to and teaching junior doctors and DNB students. It is a multispecialty hospital, established in 1973 and is the first mission hospital in India to be accredited with NABH and NABL. Bangalore Baptist Hospital is also accredited by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) to conduct the Diplomate of National Board (DNB) and Fellowship of National Board (FNB) training programmes in a wide range of specialties and was awarded the ‘Best teaching institution in the country’ for excellent training in the year 2013. The hospital is governed by Christian Medical College, Vellore since 1989.
• Trained as Junior Resident in department of Internal Medicine from May 2016 to May 2019 as part of MD studies at Rajarajeswari Medical College and Hospital (NAAC and NABH accredited), working in the Emergency Care Department, Intensive Care Unit, Out Patient Department, wards and community health camps, along with rotational postings in the following departments: A. Pulmonology
B. Intensive Care Unit
D. Neurology at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore, India. E. Cardiology at Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Bangalore, India. CAREER GOAL
• Medical Officer in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine – January 2016 to May 2016 at Sakra World Hospital, Bangalore, India, working with post-stroke patients, patients with traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, paralytic diseases, neuromuscular diseases, disabling paediatric illnesses, sports injuries, women’s health issues, pain management of fibromyalgia, musculoskeletal and spinal conditions.
Sakra World hospital is the best multi-super specialty hospital in Bangalore, India with NABH and JCI accreditations and is the first Indian hospital to have incorporated Indian and Japanese technologies in their services.
• Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship – September 2014 – October 2015 at Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore, India. Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences is NABH accredited and is one of India’s largest super specialty hospitals providing free health care for underserved communities. 1) 2 months training in General Medicine.
2) 2 months training in General Surgery.
3) 2 months training in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
4) 1.5 months training in Public Health Care.
5) 1 month training in Orthopedics.
6) 1 month training in Pediatrics.
7) 15 days training in Emergency Medicine.
8) 15 days training in Ophthalmology.
9) 15 days training in Otolaryngology.
10) 15 days training in Urology.
11) 15 days training in Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases. 12) 15 days training in Psychiatry.
• Working as Junior Consultant in the Emergency Department, Out Patient Department and in-patient wards. Key Responsibilities:
o Providing outpatient, in-patient and emergency care o Independently performing daily rounds in all wards of the department, obtaining patient histories, recording vital statistics, performing physical examinations and geriatric functional assessments, interpreting laboratory results of hospitalized patients and making treatment plans for patients. o Documenting information in the health record
o Participating in care plan discussions with the interdisciplinary team o Performing and demonstrating major medical procedures and minor procedures independently o Providing leadership and assistance to and teaching junior doctors and DNB students Average hours per week: 45
• Foundational post graduate training in Internal Medicine as well as training during rotatory postings in departments of Pulmonary Medicine, Intensive Care Unit, Psychiatry, Cardiology and Neurology.
• Routine Care, Intensive Care and Emergency Care.
• Good clinical judgment, administrative and communication skills.
• Proficient at diagnosing cardiac rhythms (12 lead EKG) and radiological diagnoses (X-Rays, MRI Scans, CT Scans).
• Providing assistance to and teaching junior doctors and students.
• Procedures performed:
1) Endotracheal Intubation
CLINICAL SKILLS AND PROCEDURES PERFORMED/OBSERVED
2) Central Venous Catheter Insertion
4) Abdominal Paracentesis
5) Lumbar Puncture
6) Bone Marrow Biopsy/Aspiration
• Procedures Assisted:
1) Liver Biopsy
2) Renal Biopsy
3) Biventricular Pacemaker insertion
4) Coronary Angiography
• Passed MRCP Part 1 (2021)
• Overall score of 8 in IELTS (2021)
• Received certification in BLS and ACLS in Bangalore Baptist Hospital, 2020
• Certified and registered under the Karnataka Medical Council (KMC) and thereby, under the Medical Council of India (MCI)
• Applied for certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
• Health Screener, Kannamangala, India (Sept 2014-2015). Played an active role in door-to-door studies screening for Protein Energy Malnutrition in 4 villages surrounding the rural health center. Performed physical examinations and assessments for malnourishment on children below 5 years of age. Provided health education and resources to families of the children.
• Community Health Volunteer, Bangalore, India (twice a year, 2009-2015) at Pulse Polio Immunization.
• Community Health Educator, Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore, India (Aug 1st-7th,2010-2015). Provided interactive education and awareness through cultural activities in communities as part of Breastfeeding Awareness week.
• Validating Amit Jain’s staging system for cellulitis in diabetic lower limb – The first staging system for cellulitis from the Indian subcontinent, Podium Presentation at Karnataka’s Association of Physicians of India Conference (KAPICON) – 2018, Raichur, India. POSTER PRESENTATIONS:
CERTIFICATIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
VOLUNTEERING AND OTHER KEY INITIATIVES
• Elevated homocysteine levels as an independent risk factor for thrombotic stroke in a young female patient – A case report, Physical Poster at Karnataka’s Association of Physicians of India Conference
(KAPICON) – 2017, Mysore, India.
“A Study of Clinical and Biochemical Profile of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) patients with Special Reference to Peripheral Neuropathy” – January 2017-2018 – Working Guide – Dr.Krishna M.V, Professor&HOD, Department of General Medicine, Rajarajeswari Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore, India.
Role of Procalcitonin and C-reactive protein in urinary tract infection diagnosis in adults. Citation: Bharath MS, Hiremath RS, Basu A. Role of procalcitonin and C-reactive protein in urinary tract infection diagnosis in adults. Int J Adv Med 2017;4:419-9.
• Simulation Training in Emergency Workshop - 2016, Bangalore, India.
• Karnataka’s Association of Physicians of India Conference (KAPICON) – 2017, Mysore, India.
• American Diabetes Association-Primary Academy of Medical Sciences (ADA-PAMS) Clinical Update on Diabetes – 2017, Bangalore, India.
• Association of Physicians of India Conference (APICON) – 2018, Bangalore, India.
• Karnataka’s Association of Physicians of India Conference (KAPICON) – 2018, Raichur, India.
• Continuing Medical Education (CME) by Medical Education Research Trust (MERT) – Bangalore, India.
• Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program (RNTCP) Technical & Operational Guidelines held by District Tuberculosis Office – Bangalore, India.
• Participated in Inter-Class Basketball, Badminton and Athletics at Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences
• Participated in Contemporary Dance competitions at Inter-Collegiate Fests (2009).
• Born on 14th July, 1991 in Assam, India. Completed schooling and college in Bangalore, India. Hobbies include swimming, reading, trekking and travelling. Declaration
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (WORKSHOPS/CMEs ATTENDED) EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
This Curriculum Vitae is true and correct a 29th March, 2021.