Highly organized, dedicated, analytical and a self-starter Engineering Management Technology graduate, can strongly use Business and Engineering Intelligence to improve performance, with 2 years of combined experience in project management and 4 years of experience in supply chain management, Purchasing, logistics and Inventory Control in the steel industry. EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Management Technology Graduated December 2019 Minor: Data Science and Mathematics
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
Facilities Planning and Logistics/Facility Layout/Statistics/Statistical Quality Control/Operation Control in Industry/Operation Management/Industrial Systems Management/Supply Chain Management/Human Resource Management/Business Database Management/Project Management/Material Science TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES
ASANA/Managing Cross-Functional Teams/Scope Management/Advanced Product Development/Continuous Improvement/ industrial engineering/Freezer Product leadership/refrigeration systems/SAP/ /Engineering and Product Safety Testing/ Product Lifecycle Management/ Product Force Failure testing/Lean Manufacturing/CAD/Data Analysis/Details Oriented/ERP systems/PFMEA/Multi- Tasking/ Risk Management/Quality Control/Global Trade/Project Management/Microsoft/Google suite. ENGINEERING PROJECTS AND INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
Engineering leadership internship (WMU Engineering Department) May 2020- January2021 The internship presented an opportunity to improve engineers on knowledge of:
- Leadership in crisis and how to help and support the team during a crisis
- Continuous improvement on leadership and personal growth in leadership
- Taking responsibilities by doing more than paid for
- Taking personal initiative on training yourself and others and striving to improve in more areas of work.
- Using leadership skills to have a significant impact on other employee engagement and performance. Whirlpool Modular Accessories September 2018-April 2019 My team worked closely with Whirlpool Corporation to design and develop their next generation cooking oven. I was responsible the overall project management and worked with my team to come up with the best design model, CAD drawings, manufacturing, and product safety testing. Advanced Inventory Management and Forecasting June 2017-December 2017 I was hired as an Inventory Analyst to ensure inventory standards collaborate with demand planning, sales operations, and I examined the levels of raw materials and supplies. Approached the task by reviewing historical sales trends and all the data regarding the inventory and developed a statistical forecast models such as moving average and evaluated the forecasted results. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Whirlpool Corporation February 2021- present
(Engineering R&D Test Technician) Benton Harbor, MI
- I test and verify electrical design changes and new product designs on refrigerators.
- Airflow testing in refrigeration units.
- Perform UL and Whirlpool Safety testing per the standard as specified.
- Perform UL and Whirlpool Safety testing to ensure Whirlpool products are safe for the customer.
- Keep the controls lab organized and safe by participating in monthly 5S and Safety scans and Audits.
- Use hand tools to assemble and disassemble Refrigeration products as needed for further testing.
- Read and understand electrical schematics and drawings for setting up special tests and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate the data from different refrigeration Whirlpool products.
- Look for creative way to continuously improve the testing process and give feedback on what to change on the product.
- Establish and maintain good communication with the customer and teammates to ensure proper testing.
- Setup and run Environmental Chamber testing by programming tests and monitoring them as they run.
- Check units and components for Current Leakage and Dielectric Breakdown.
- Perform ECAT testing and ESD testing.
- Perform Forced Failure Testing offsite.
WMU Accounts Receivable February 2015-December 2019
(IT/ Finance Assistant) Kalamazoo, MI
- Managed university’s faculty, staff and students accounts.
- Performed and located refund reports for students and University Staff.
- Performed internal and external audits in the department.
- Assisted staff members with project and daily reports.
- Worked with IT in the department working with TouchNet Information Systems and Ellucian ERP. GalfToles Ltd a steel company September 2013- August 2018
(Supply Chain Manager), Kigali, Rwanda
- Worked remote the whole time.
-Developed more knowledge on Customs and Border Protection Regulations.
-I had to constantly update myself on trade policies and regulations on steel products and industry.
-Maintained good communication with senior managers and CEO about product change and deliverables.
-Worked with our suppliers to negotiate contracts and arranged delivery methods from an international market (China and India).
- Oversaw custom filings and negotiated the prices of freight and transportation of material from china or India to Rwanda.
-Maintained a good communication with the manufacturing department to ensure on time delivery.
-Made monthly report to senior manager and CEO.
-Monitored and updated the managers regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing.
-investigated new methods, procedures and means of containing the prices, stepping-up the effectivity and enhancing the sales of the company.