Kaitlyn R. Carter
*** *. ********* *** #*** Milwaukee, WI 53203
State of Wisconsin, May 2020.
Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Juris Doctor, May 2020
Journal: MARQUETTE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW REVIEW, Editor-in-Chief, 2019-2020 Honors: CALI Award (highest grade in section), Employment Discrimination, Summer 2018; Pro Bono Society Member, inducted for completing more than 50 hours of service; High-Pass, Negotiation Workshop, Spring, 2020. Leadership: Intellectual Property Law Society, Executive Board Secretary, 2018-2019 Membership: Association for Women Lawyers, member; Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association, student member
Metropolitan State University of Denver, Denver, Colorado Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry, Minor in Political Science, December 2016 GPA: 3.23/4.00
Senior Capstone Project: Antigen Specific Immunotherapy for Autoimmune Diseases PUBLICATION
Kaitlyn Carter, What is the Trade-Off: Are New Trade Deals Worth the Changes to Pharmaceutical Patents? 24 MARQ. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY L. REV. 53 (2020).
Jansson, Munger, McKinley, and Kirby Ltd., Racine, Wisconsin Contract Attorney, May 2020-Februrary 2021
Intellectual Property Law Clerk, February 2020-May 2020
• Supported patent litigation team with a complex patent infringement case.
• Drafted and prepared trial motions.
• Researched and wrote memoranda on numerous intellectual property issues including, how to maximize damages.
Cramer, Multhauf & Hammes, LLP, Waukesha, Wisconsin Law Clerk, January 2019-February 2020
• Researched and prepared memoranda for cases in different practice areas such as, tax, employment, real estate, corporate, and commercial.
• Drafted legal documents for corporate and commercial transactions such as partnership agreements, commercial leases, and non-compete agreements. Prof. Bruce Boyden, Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Research Assistant, May 2018-May 2019
• Tracked and analyzed judicial changes in copyright infringement cases.
• Researched and analyzed privacy and data protection cases and worked to develop potential law review topics by evaluating current problems in the area. Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Legal Volunteer, September 2017-December 2018
• Collaborated with attorneys to provide legal advice to clients regarding diverse civil law matters.
• Summarized advice from attorneys in easy to read notes for the clients.