JOSEPH M. METZ
SUNY New Paltz, New Paltz, NY
Bachelor’s in Engineering Science 2017-2021 (Expected) Concentration in Computer Engineering; GPA: 3.5
Administrative Assistant Food Bank of the Hudson Valley Cornwall on Hudson, NY
[May 2020- Present]
• Greeted and proactively assisted visitors in a timely manner Perform secretarial duties for an assigned supervisor and other office staff assisting them with a variety of functions such as: arrange and schedule meetings and conferences; establish and maintain filing systems; coordinate duplication and distribution of various materials; open and distribute mail; revise and disseminate schedules, reports, records and other information as necessary to assure effective coordination of department or program functions. Develop positive relations with external vendors and clients
SKILLS AND SOFTWARE
Programming Languages: Java, C++, Python
Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, MS Windows, iOS, Android Software: MatLab, AutoCAD, Makerbot, Eclipse, Netbeans, Excel
(Vlookup, pivot tables, basic VBA), Word, Outlook, Quickbooks Other:
• Ability to handle many responsibilities and desire to learn necessary skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Extensive work with project management.
• 150+ WPM.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Dean’s List of Distinguished Students: Fall 2017-Spring 2019
• Recipient of the Winter 2018 Burton P. Hunter Memorial Scholarship
• Recipient of the Winter 2018 Orange/Sullivan Professional Engineers Scholarship
• Member of the Eleanor Roosevelt Community College Emerging Leaders Program (ECCEL) VOLUNTEER WORK
• Planned and organized rolling food drive on campus. Collected over 400 lbs of food for the food pantry.
• Developed the college's first ever "Action Plan" highlighting the dangers of food insecurity on campus.
(You may read this report in full on my website: www.JosephMMetz.com)
• Started the SUNY Orange greenhouse initiative to allow students to grow vegetables for food insecure students.
• Proud mentor for the Big Brother / Big Sister program P R O J E C T S
• Created a bank teller program in Java allowing users to check, deposit and withdraw their balance. Utilized Java interfaces that read and wrote to a data file.
• Used AutoCAD to model, prototype, and print a fully functional car to precise specifications and requirements.
• Developed a program in Java that reads values from a file and sorts them in an array list. The user then may view interact, and add to the list as they choose. Utilizes binary search to locate strings.
• Designed a complete Tic Tac Toe game using matrices in C++.
• Built a Java program that implements a stack-based Postfix expression calculator letting users interact with a menu and employed catches and exceptions to check for problems. WORK EXPERIENCE
[Fall 2017- May 2019]
Answered and managed incoming and outgoing calls while recording accurate messages.
• Managed oﬃce supplies, vendors, organization and upkeep.
• Assisted senior recruiting staﬀ with career fairs and recruiting events.
• Planned and coordinated logistics and materials for board meetings, committee meetings and staﬀ events.
• Distributed and processed mail for health profession departments. Pharmacy Technician Rite Aid Pharmacy
[May 2019- Present]
Swiftly and correctly calculated dosages, dispensed medications, prepared prescription labels and filled prescriptions for approval by pharmacists.
Used the pharmacy’s proprietary computer program to access prescription information including patient and prescriber data, drug selection, prescription interpretation and insurance billing. Researched and resolved dosage conflicts, potentially harmful drug interactions, insurance issues and other matters to ensure patient safety/wellness and build customer loyalty.