Rusty J. Packer
Rigby, Idaho, 83442
Motivated and intelligent individual looking for my career within the electrical industry close to the local area. I am experienced with security systems both wireless and hardwired, skilled in troubleshooting, and work well in a team atmosphere or solo. Skills:
• Experience with
VFDs/motor controls, line
and Ladder Logic.
• Experience with PLC’s,
process control, PID, and
• Procedure writeup and
• Troubleshooting AC and
• Installing and servicing
hardwire and wireless
• Experienced furniture
delivery driver and
• Excellent communication
skills, both written and
08/2020 – 11/2020 Security Guard, G4S – Pocatello, Idaho
• Details: As a security guard my responsibilities involved nightly patrols of the assigned building, issuing badges and random inspections.
05/2020 – 08/2020 Electrical Technician Lvl 1, Northrop Grumman – Brigham City, Utah
• Details: Interned with Electrical Maintenance, and Testing. Two thirds of the summer was at Electrical Maintenance, the last third was at Testing. At Electrical Maintenance my duties involved were the annual testing and maintenance of various equipment and devices on plant as well as the replacement of faulty or damaged equipment. In Testing my duties were in preparing, testing, and collecting data on rocket motor, igniters and other devices.
10/2019 – 05/2020 Coach Bus Driver, ISU’s Transportation Department-Pocatello, Idaho
• Details: Transport ISU students to and from Pocatello and Idaho Falls. Inspect the bus for safety and perform safety checks on vehicle engine, vehicle exterior, interior etc...
08/2018 – 12/2020 Full Time Student, CEI – Idaho Falls, Idaho; ISU – Pocatello, Idaho
• (This is to fill in the time gap, for the auto-form scanners in regard to my work experience, while I was in school.)
07/2015 – 07/2018 Lead Technician, Live Security – Idaho Falls, Idaho
• Details: My primary duty was to install the security systems and the training and coordinating technicians on the service and installation of 2GIG security systems, along with LTSecurity Platinum cameras and DVR systems, customer scheduling and training, equipment supervision. I performed these duties locally, in Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ.
05/2013 – 07/2015 Delivery Driver, Blacker’s Furniture – Idaho Falls, Idaho
• Details: As the driver of the delivery crew, I would deliver and install furniture and appliances. When not on a delivery we would work in the warehouse, assembling furniture for display, moving displays, help with customer pickups, clean, organize stock, etc... Generally, I would try to help in whatever capacity I could.
04/2007 – 07/2012 Install Technician, Pinnacle Security – Rexburg, Idaho
• Details: This involved working with a team environment to install, and service security systems. Install took place generally in residential, though frequently in commercial settings. This involved working with hand tools, paperwork, and inventory of various systems. Education:
• Graduate at ISU’s ESTEC Program and received AAS degree in Energy Systems Instrumentation Engineering Technology, Dec. 2020
• I have graduated with an Intermediate Technical Certificate in Energy Systems Technology from the College of Eastern Idaho, May 2019.
• Received certification as a Level 4 Electronics System Associate from ISCET
(International Society of Certified Electronics Technicians) May 2019
• Training in installation of Security Systems, CCTV camera and hand tools. References:
G4S Manager-Brian England, Cell 208-***-****
Northrop Grumman Electrical Maintenance Manager-Mark Thompson, Cell 435-***-****, Testing Manager-Jedd Ward, email, firstname.lastname@example.org ISU Transportation Department contacts-Abner Sims, Cell 208-***-**** or Jeff Behrend, Cell 208-***-****
Energy Systems Technology Instructor-Lorin McArthur, email@example.com, Office
Live firstname.lastname@example.org, 208-***-**** Blacker’s Furniture-Collin Cook, email@example.com, Cell 208-***-**** Lead Tech at Pinnacle Security-Nick Atwood, firstname.lastname@example.org, Cell 208-***-****