Philadelphia, PA email@example.com 267-***-****
EDUCATION The University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA August 2017 - May 2021
- Major: B.A in Screenwriting Minor: Film Studies
- GPA: 3.96, Dean’s List
- Relevant Coursework: Screenwriting, Screenplay Analysis, Script Adaptation, Production Management, Editing, Video Production, History of Cinema, History of Television WORK EXPERIENCE University of the Arts, Screenwriting Tutor March 2020 - May 2021
• SCRIPT COVERAGE: Provided script coverage for fellow students’ scripts for their film and screenwriting classes.
• Worked with students one on one teaching them the three-act structure, character development, and organization skills.
National Lampoon/ Palm Star Media: TV and Film Intern September 2020 – January 2021
• SCRIPT COVERAGE/INTERNSHIP: Provided script coverage for incoming script submissions which included comedy films, series, and scripted podcasts. Analysis includes comments on story, structure, characters, dialogue, theme, and general opinions, which ultimately decide if National Lampoon should consider the script with revisions or pass. Dream Academy, Point Breeze Elementary Fall 2018 – Summer 2019
• FILM TEACHER: Taught students from grades 4-8 in the afterschool program how to write and film their own short films.
T.V Tea, Website November 2020 – Present
• STAFF WRITER: Conducted interviews with stand-up comedians and written analyses for television and films.
Coverfly March 2021 – Present
• SCRIPT EDITOR/COVERFLY READER: Providing written feedback and script coverage for screenplays being considered for various competitions. LEADERSHIP ROLES University of the Arts, No Joke Sketch Troupe September 2017- Present
• HEAD OFFICER/WRITER: Head Officer/Writer of the school’s sketch comedy troupe. In charge of leading meetings and assisting with the development of sketch ideas.
• EDITOR: Edited various filmed sketches through Adobe Premiere.
• DIRECTOR: Directed various sketches, either filmed or performed live. University of the Arts, Uarts Writers’ Group September 2020 – Present
• PRESIDENT: Head of the weekly group meetings where students bring in their film theses, script ideas, and series for the group to provide constructive feedback. FILM WORK/RELAVENT PROJECTS
• Have a Nice Day: Short film produced by the Five Sands. Screenwriter.
• Shot/written five short films, boom operated for three short films, edited three shorts, and wrote for one puppet show.
• Comedic essay published in queerbook, an essay collection by Giovanni’s Room.
• Performed stand-up comedy at the Trocadero, Helium Comedy Club, and the Cave. SKILLS
• Script coverage, screenwriting, Microsoft Office, Adobe Premiere Pro, boom operation, scheduling, organization, time-management, and presentations. INTERESTS
• Reading scripts, screenwriting, stand-up comedy, feminism, live entertainment/performances, avant-garde art, skateboarding, sketch comedy, and documentaries.