To whom it may concern
I am submitting my CV to be considered for the position of Computer Technician. I am a skilled computer professional, with educational and professional experience that makes me a solid candidate to serve the needs of your Company.
My professional experience as a Computer Technician included providing first-level support to computer users by researching and answering their questions, resolving their problems and providing other resources. With my background and my technical and customer service skills, I am in an excellent position to ensure the smooth maintenance of all of the computer systems at your Company.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
● Assisted clients by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding clients through corrective steps.
● Improved client references by writing and maintaining documentation.
● Participated in development of client training programs by identifying learning issues and recommending improved instructional language.
● Monitored compliance with service agreements to avoid legal challenges. My tested knowledge as a Computer Technician makes me uniquely qualified to fill this role at your Company. I look forward to discussing this position and my qualifications with you. Thank you for your consideration.
Jaco van Heerden.
Jaco Van Heerden
Contact number: +27-83-290-****
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Identity number: 960**********
Marital Status: Single
Language Proficiency: Afrikaans (Fluent), English (Fluent) Drivers License: Code A & C1
Skills & Attributes
● Web Development
● Data Structures
● Open Source Experience
● Machine Learning
● Front-End & Back-End
● Cloud Management
● Agile Development
● Graphic Design Skills
● Email Marketing
● Email Automation
● Data Visualization
● Print Design
● Photography and Branding
PC repairs and PC builds
Position Held - Computer Technician
- 2016-2020 [ 4 Years
● Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers
● Maintain and repair technological equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices
● Install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs etc.)
● Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks
● Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated
● Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality
● Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies
● Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference
● Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly
Education & Training
Goddard Study Centre
● N3 - Matriculation
CompTIA A+ and N+
(Incomplete - Currently studying)
● Configure settings and use
BIOS/UEFI tools on a PC.
● Motherboard components, their
purpose, and properties.
● Compare and contrast various RAM
types and their features.
● Install and configure PC expansion
● Install and configure storage
devices and use appropriate media.
● Install various types of CPUs and
apply the appropriate cooling
● Compare and contrast various PC
connection interfaces, their
characteristics and purpose.
● Install a power supply based on
● Select the appropriate components
for a custom PC configuration, to
meet customer specifications or
● Compare and contrast types of
display devices and their features.
● Identify common PC connector
types and associated cables.
● Install and configure common
● Install SOHO multifunction
device/printers and configure
● Compare and contrast differences
between the various print
technologies and the associated
Position Held - Digital Photography / Graphics Designer
- 2013-2016 [ 3 Years
● Use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs
● Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations to help deliver a message
● Design layouts, including a selection of colours, images, and typefaces
● Present design concepts to clients or art directors
● Incorporate changes recommended by clients or art directors into final designs
● Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them Praktikum Experience
● Install software and hardware systems, including new equipment, anti-virus programs, CRM programs
● Uninstall old programs
● Resolve malware and virus issues within personal workstations and a company's network
● Repair and maintains servers, personal computers, and other technology equipment
● Adapts quickly to changing circumstances, new standards, and requests by company management
● Mr Oostuizen
● Samantha Labuschagne
● Morne Botha