Highly motivated, result-driven, hands on Software Development Engineer in Test with around 7 years of experience and a strong background in Client/Server and Web based applications. Has good experience to manage the automation/Manual project in most efficient way. Versatile, quick-learner, willing to embrace new challenges. I am looking for a career where I can explore my programming skill to deliver a best quality to any organization.
Proficient with Defect Management Tracking System, Quality Assurance, following Test Standards, Guidelines and Procedures in Manual Testing.
Proficient in writing Test Scenarios, Test Cases- Functional and Integration test cases.
Reviewing test cases and Estimating test cases execution.
Experienced with projects through SDLC (Software development life cycle) and STLC
(Software testing life cycle).
Expertise in work with HP QC, ALM, JIRA, Selenium web Driver and
interaction with HP Tools like UFT/Quick Test Professional (QTP) and Quality Center.
Good at defect-reporting and defect-tracking using the test management tool ALM, Quality Center and JIRA
Written SQL queries and executed procedures to perform back end testing for
the expected results.
Developed Automation test scripts for Functionality and Regression testing of web
application using Selenium Web driver. Created Automation Framework/script design, TestNG, Cross browser Testing, Keyword Driven testing, Standard operating procedure etc.
Experienced in creating, enhancing and maintaining high-end test scripts for various functional and regression testing using QTP and VBScript.
Experienced in using VBscript to develop Automation Frameworks, checked the
system behavior with multiple values of data for regression testing and enhanced
the scripts for Reusability and Modularity.
Expertise in testing: Jira I use for defect reporting .SQL server & SQL queries and Unix/Windows operating systems.
Good team player with Active participation in every day scrum meetings with the testing, development teams and Clients.
Possesses excellent communication, documentation and organization skills with the ability to adapt to a new environment & meet stringent deadlines.
Highly analytical in developing the methods and measures to meet requirements and solve any issues that arise during the project.
Experienced in consolidating the test report from all team members and reporting the same to the manager.
Experienced in applying application patch and database patch for every new build.
Excellent research and mentoring skills. Ability and enthusiasm to learn new tools/technologies quickly.
Strong Team Player have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong documentation skills.
Testing Tools: WAT tool bar, Java Ferret and ARIA for 508, QTP, HP ALM,Azure, UFT, QC, Jira, Selenium Eclipse.
Databases: MS SQL server, MS-Access, Oracle
Languages: VB Script, Java Script, API, XML, JSP, HTML, XHTML,
Software Microsoft Visio, MS Office
Operating Systems: Windows, IMB AIX, Sun Solaris, Linux, MS Dos, SAP.
Other IIS, UML, Web Services, Groovy.
Software QC Engineer Dec/04/2019- Nov/30/2020
Baaz Inc,Tyson Corner, VA
● Participated in the System Test Plan reviews, Test Scenarios, Test Cases Review.
● Involved in gathering the relevant test data necessary for the test cases, based on
the Business Analysis, Requirement specs, Business process Procedures, Scenarios,
Transactions and Test Conditions.
● Execute Manual test cases to ensure the quality of each release in Agile Environment.
● Performed Functional, Regression, System, Back-end, Negative, Positive,
User Acceptance Testing.
● I've expertise to work with QC, ALM & prepared Test Cases, Procedures and Requirements Traceability Matrix using Quality Center (HP QC).
● Analyzed Test Results & Identify bugs and reported to the developers using JIRA.
● Responsible for scheduling the batch execution of the tests, log and track defects
● Wrote SQL Quires for testing data integrity in the Oracle database before testing
● Maintained and analyzed large volume of regression test results manually.
● Developed Automation test scripts for Functionality and Regression testing of web
application using Selenium Web driver.
● Involved in performing UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
● Participated in QA reviews and implementation of processes and procedures
Environment: Quality Center, Quickest Pro, Java, UNIX, Windows, Oracle, SQL
Software Test Engineer
Department of USCIS, Washington DC Dec 2017 – July-2018
● Strong Manual test experiences and involved in working with scrum master, developer, Programmers and Business user through the life cycle of the project.
● Prepared Test documents using MS Excel and JIRA for defect tracking.
● Involved in developing application using Ruby on Rails and executing comprehensive system test plans and scripts,
and facilitating testing across multiple departments.
● Created manual test cases and test suites for different modules of the application.
● Worked on for creating and documenting Test Plans and Test Cases Design and release Management.
● Execute Manual test cases to ensure the quality of each release in Agile Environment. Involved in Regression Testing for every release manually.
● Performed backend/Unit testing using SQL queries to validate data integrity in data base tables.
● Worked with the development team to create a suite of test data including both input files and expected results that fully exercise data validation.
● Performed 508 compliance testing using Tool bar WAT, ARIA, Favelets, Color contrast etc. for Web based application.
● Developed Automation test using selenium java scripts and Created Automation Framework/script design, TestNG, Page Object Model, XML, Dependencies, Cross browser Testing, Keyword Driven testing, Standard operating procedure etc.
● Developed milestones to ensure the project deadlines were met.
● Communicated with Development Team to resolve and retest defects.
Environment: Windows, Linux, Java, Groovy, Oracle, SQL Server, Visual studio, Selenium web Driver, JIRA.
Department of Justice, Washington, D.C Jan 2016 – Sep 2017 Software QA Consultant
Involved in the execution of the overall test strategy, ensured test plans aligning
with test strategy.
Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace requirements.
Performed manual functional testing, regression testing and support user acceptance testing, and report issues found during the test life cycle.
Developed Test Cases for Black Box and GUI Testing of the entire product and analyzed the test results with the Customers.
Analyzed Business, System Requirements and developed Test Cases and test script using Oracle SQL.
Prepared Test plans, Test Strategy documents and Test estimations for various releases.
Performed IT Business analysis tasks, including requirements gathering in conjunctions with the requirements team, lead Joint Application Design (JAD) meeting and assist with the development of requirements document artifacts.
Performed in Smoke Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, Boundary Testing, GUI testing, Functional testing, Performance testing and System testing.
Used JIRA for Bug Tracking which keeps track of all the open and closed bugs
Responsible to test and verifying in back end database tables using SQL Queries.
Used Selenium WebDriver for automation regression testing.
Participated in the User Acceptance Testing and discussed enhancement and modification request issues.
Interacted with developers to resolve any defects.
Analyzed the application and allocated the resources.
Created weekly status updates showing the progress of the testing automation effort.
Participated in daily scrum team meetings to discuss various issues.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, MS Office, JIRA, Java Script, PHP, Windows, Java, SQL, HTML, XML, UNIX.
Department of Education, Washington, D.C Jan 2013 – Dec 2015
● Involved in the execution of the overall test strategy, ensured test plans aligning
with test strategy.
● Involved in designing of Test scripts based on the System requirements from the
● Prepared Test Plan and conducted review of test plan with QA and Development
● Analyzed application to find out which part can be automated which can be
● Responsible for Testing: Jira I use for defect reporting, Web Services.
● Implemented HP ALM for Test Planning, Test Case writing, Test Execution and
Requirement Mapping with Test Cases. I've expertise to work with HP QC, ALM, JIRA.
● Performed defect tracking and reporting using ALM.
● Performed white box testing on developer’s SQL code and wrote SQL verification
scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic.
● Performed Back end testing using SQL Quires, Data ware housing for ETL.
● Conducted GUI and Black Box Testing using QTP and interacted with developers to resolve issues.
● Used Quick Test Professional for automating manual test cases for regression testing and for storing, execution of test cases and reporting results.
● Worked on migration of automated testing tool used for creating policies to QTP.
● Used Checkpoints, Descriptive programming and Data Driven Test Scripts in QTP.
● Designed reports for communicating analysis of test data and metrics, and
communicate the results to project team.
● Supported the UAT team during User Acceptance Testing.
● Assisted Test Engineers to interpret and summarize the results of the analysis.
● Participated in Inspection and walk through sessions of the project requirements.
Environment: Windows, Load-runner, Java, Groovy, UNIX, XML, VB Script, UFT/QTP, ALM and MS Office.
Bachelor of Computer Science and Master of Science in Business Administration (MBA), Stamford University of Bangladesh
References available upon request