ASIF ELAHI email@example.com
Queens, New York 646-***-**** linkedin.com/in/asif-elahi
Experienced technology enthusiast with structured approach to problem solving, looking for full time role. Experience Summary:
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented design principles and design patterns. Quality Assurance
• Designed and developed technology solutions that enabled integration with other infrastructural components.
• Good Understanding of design principles, user interfaces, web standards and reusability.
• Efficient in producing detailed technical specifications.
• Well-versed with knowledge of design principles, user interfaces, web standards and reusability
• Adequate knowledge of designing CSS-based layouts.
• Reviewed and implemented client requests for custom technical configuration of their recognition solution
• Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Extensively used JIRA to document user stories and burn down charts.
• Involved in day to day maintenance activities and troubleshooting of user applications.
• Solid understanding of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (such as requirement, analysis, design, data modeling, business process modeling, implementation and deployment).
• Experience in manual and test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, GRID, and IDE using Java, JUnit, TestNG.
• Experience in Page Object Model framework.
• Experience in Black Box and Gray Box testing.
• Implemented and managed SQL queries for use in background for internal proprietary processes.
• Extensive experience of working in a customer-oriented environment.
• Ability to interact and communicate with people from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds. EXPERIENCE
QA ANALYST Sept 2017 – Present
• Analyzed use cases, functional requirements for writing detailed Test plans and Test cases.
• Performed Smoke Testing to ensure all the Test Environments are working as desired.
• Designed and Developed automation scripts using and Selenium WebDriver.
• Implemented Test Cases, Test Suites using TestNG, JUnit.
• Helped in developing Selenium Page Object Model (POM) framework with Selenium WebDriver using Object Oriented Programming Java and open source test framework TestNG.
• Performed tasks related to administrating projects, coordinating meetings, communication releases, consolidated project status reporting and maintenance of tracking logs such as issues, risks, and change requests.
• Extensively used JIRA agile dashboard to manage every sprint of the project.
• Used Apache Maven to manage Project’s build and reporting
• Assisted with office management duties (calendar, ordering supplies), performed website maintenance and adjusted the website when required.
• Managed online presence of the company (websites, Twitter and Facebook accounts) and attended promotional events as the company’s representative.
• Responded to program inquiries and mediated concerns over electronic media or in-person meetings and registered them into daily logs.
• Evaluated and effectively defined business requirements for applications and systems integration.
• Prepared responses to clients’ RFIs, RFPs and supervised product shipments in the NY-NJ area. With the supervision of the PM, negotiated terms and pricing on multiple purchases from vendors or services to clients to optimize the profit of that project. MAGENTO WEB DEVELOPER June 2014 – Aug 2015
BRIDAL DREAMS MALL WEBSITE
• Coordinated and performed new development, maintenance, revisions, integrations, source code control and search engine optimization to the company's Magento Enterprise with Java-Script, CSS and HTML.
• Conducted Market Analysis on the existing clients base using Excel and Facebook Business Analytics.
• Built modules on Magento platform from Business Requirement Documents that ensured high traffic, page views, and a comfortable User Experience.
• Fixing bugs from existing websites and implemented enhancements that significantly improved web functionality and speed.
• Collaborated with back end developers to create a fast and seamless information architecture.
• Ensured that all Internet Standards were met and that the Company did not intentionally violate any standards that would place the domain in jeopardy.
• Work required continual attention to detail in typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
LANGUAGE & TECHNICAL SKILL
Programming Languages : Java, C++, Python, Java-Script, HTML, CSS, Prolog Testing Tools : Selenium, QTP
Databases : MS Access, MySQL, Oracle SQL Server
Design & IDE Tools : Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans Project Management Tools : JIRA, HP ALM
Software : Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint Languages : Fluent in English, Bengali; Conversational in Hindi, Urdu EDUCATION
YORK COLLEGE, CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK (CUNY)
BSc in Computer Science