Copiague NY 551-***-****) firstname.lastname@example.org linkedin.com/in/pooja-upadhyay-509402194 WORK EXPERIENCE
Data Analyst-II National Grid (Multinational Electricity/Gas Provider) Aug 2020- March 2021
(New York, US)
• Performed pipe risk assessment on the gas distribution system by using GIS systems and analyzed the data using Microsoft Power BI and management record validation using National Grid MS Access database.
• Extracted and transformed millions of gas data into metrics using SQL to ensure data integrity, and loaded data to visualization dashboards using MS Power BI and analyzed process which improves working efficiency by 80%.
• Worked on data modeling for performing gas data analysis using Alteryx, ArcGIS Pro, Business Object, Python Libraries and performed data visualizations by creating calculated measures and columns in MS Power BI.
• Downloaded raw data from business object and ran monthly Alteryx Workflow and updated the dashboard report every month. Utilized Power BI service to publish the dashboards on SharePoint website.
• Set up data modeling in MS Power BI, wrote M-code/DAX to transform data in Power Query and Power BI. Used advanced MS SQL queries with multi-table joins, group functions, subqueries and set operations for data analysis. Data Analyst 1199 SEIU Training & Employment Funds (Health Insurance Provider) Feb 2019- Aug 2020
(New York, US)
• Used the medical and demographical record of all SEIU 1199 members to predict probable health insurance takers through data mining, web scraping, correlation analysis and predictive analysis through Python Libraries.
• Analyzed clinical data and fixed coding errors, investigated data anomalies through querying over the primary/secondary DB. Also involved in extensive data analysis using Tableau, Excel and MS SQL queries.
• Analyzed data to provide KPI metrics and performance reports for quarterly and annual goals using Tableau. Also created action filters, parameters, and calculated sets for dashboards and worksheets in Tableau for analysis.
• Executed SQL scripts to streamline data extraction and modified several database objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored procedures, Packages, Functions and Triggers using SQL code. Data Analyst Consagous technologies Pvt Ltd (Banking/eCommerce) Jul 2017- Dec 2017
• Performed exploratory financial data analysis through Tableau and SQL to interpret eCommerce websites and bank customers behavior to assist the decision-making process for the business. Reduced logistic cost by 30%.
• Explored banking website’s data for risk management using Python Programming language on Jupyter notebook using regression technique. Used python libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, seaborn and matplotlib.
• Developed and maintained complex SQL scripts that significantly improved the finance and risk applications in an agile fashion and using 2-week sprints in collaboration with the UI team. Business/Data Analyst Adisoft Tech Private Limited (Real Estate) Jan 2016- Jun 2017
• Performed complex SQL queries on the real estate website data set through SQL Server. Findings were graphically represented using pie-charts, histogram, bar-charts and dashboards for better visual insights using tableau and SQL
• Developed and maintained complex SQL scripts that significantly improved the user experience of client applications in an agile fashion and using 2-week sprints in collaboration with the UI team on real estate large data. Business Analyst Control F5 Technology (Web Development) Dec 2013- Dec 2015
• Coordinated with the technical team for making WordPress, Magento, Shopify websites, hosting, SEO and staging sites updates. Developed functional designs to include wire frames, use cases, workflow diagrams, system interfaces, and security requirements, and reviewed to obtain stakeholder approvals.
• Worked on Upwork website to get projects and used management tools like JIRA, Slack and proficient with MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and gained hands in using SDLC project life cycle. TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Major Technologies: Python, MS SQL, R, SAS, A/B Testing, DAX, VB, AWS(Redshift), Agile (Scrum), Visual Studio Code RDBMS: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Management Tools: Slack, JIRA, SharePoint, MS Teams BI Analysis Tools: Tableau, MS Power BI, Advanced Microsoft Excel, Alteryx, R studio, QlikView, Google Analytics EDUCATION
M.S Information Technology GPA: 3.7 University of the Cumberlands Aug 2018 - May 2020 B.E. Information Technology GPA: 3.6 Rajiv Gandhi Prodyogiki Vishwavidyalaya May 2009 - Jun 2013