Maulik P Patel
West Chester, PA
To work in an innovative and challenging environment and contribute to the growth of the company. To manage networked computer systems (Windows & Red Hat Enterprise Linux based) in a manner that would satisfy the end users’ needs while bringing out the best in me.
Sincere, hardworking, honest, confident and disciplined. My optimistic nature boosts the morale of the team. Flexible in handling a variety of tasks and priorities. Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team. Skill Sets
● Workstation assembling, Workstation / Server OS installation (Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, Active Directory, Office 365, Linux
(Redhat7 & CentOS7)), deployment and maintenance.
● Troubleshooting & debugging hardware and software problems.
● Installing and configuring computer peripherals, components, add-on cards and drivers.
● Installing software systems and applications.
● Maintain a standard configuration of equipment and keep inventory of all hardware and software update to date.
● Understanding of the fundamentals of networking - IP addressing and subnetting, switching, routing concepts and LAN technologies.
● Assist Network Engineer in installing, configuring & deploying network devices
& wireless routers, racking servers, crimping RJ45 jacks to network cables & cabling.
● Setting up shared network resources (storage/folders/printers/scanners etc) and making them available on to end users’ workstations. Professional Experience
Responsibilities at my previous job at TRANSCOM (client of my previous employer Infosenseglobal Inc).
● Install, configure and troubleshoot client & server operating systems
(Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 & Linux) / additional software setup on workstations & servers.
● Install printers, scanners & peripherals.
● Setup, configure & manage Windows Domain, Active Directory & users.
● Setting up network shares on servers.
● Provide access to shared network resources like printers, scanners, folders to end users.
● Provide support for a software which processes & displays traffic conditions & travel time data for the states of NJ, NY, PA & CT.
● Troubleshoot & resolve end users’ queries/problems via telephone, email, in person or by taking remote access of the affected computer system regarding its software, hardware operation and network connectivity issues.
● Setup WebEx conference for management meetings.
● Periodic monitoring of server health status by remotely accessing them via VNC, Remote Desktop, putty, ssh (for Linux).
● Monitor health of Dell servers using Dell OpenManage Server Administrator.
● Perform repairs to hardware, peripheral equipment.
● Take data & e-mail backups from e-mail client (Microsoft Outlook) & restore data from backups as and when required.
● Recover lost data using data recovery software.
● Manage the phone & fax system of the organization.
● Check help-desk tickets for evaluating monthly down-time of operations.
● Test & replace UPS batteries which had reached their ‘End Of Life’ or were faulty.
● Mark & disposition out-of-warranty & obsolete IT equipment.
● Purchase IT equipment from vendors.
● Renew Software License of about to expire/expired software.
● Manage NJDOT’s servers hosting the WINK Camera software which controls the Unicast/Multicast live streaming cameras installed along the Roadways of the State of NJ. Associate cameras with the encoders and configure the cameras and ensure standard quality of their video output. Periodic monitoring of the performance of the camera feeds streamed through the above servers. Responsibilities at previous job at ‘Shree Krishna Hospital’- a multi- speciality center for medical care, research & education.
● Document hardware and network related problems and resolutions for future reference in service desk module of Hospital Management Software.
● Maintain confidentiality about the information being processed, stored or accessed via hospital intranet.
● Assist personnel of other departments as IT resource support.
● Display live transmission of operations/dissections performed by the surgeons at Operation Theater (OT) to the audience at a remote auditorium. Also, to establish a 2-way video & audio communication network between the OT and the audience, using IP-based computer software.
● Provide the in-house developed hospital management software (HMS) application’s orientation training to freshly joined staff members.
● Liaise with engineers of biomedical instrument related companies like Siemens, Agfa to solve problems encountered in their systems.
● Any other project assignments assigned by management. Certification: Red Hat Certified System Administrator (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7) Certificate Number: 150-079-747
Currently doing online course on Windows Server 2019 Employment History
● Infosenseglobal Inc September 2015 to November 2020 System Administrator & Operations Support Specialist
● H M Patel Centre for Medical Care & Education (Shree Krishna Hospital) – Karamsad February 2005 to February 2015 Technical Assistant in the Systems Department –hardware section.
● Planet Internet Satellite (VVN) Pvt. Ltd. an Internet Service Provider November 2001 to December 2004
Customer care/helpdesk assistant, computer hardware & networking technician.
● Dr. Girish Jethwa Eye Hospital September 2000 to October 2001 Computer operator, computer hardware & networking technician. Hobbies & Interests & Sports: Listening to music, reading, gardening, trekking & wildlife conservation, Chess, Badminton, Swimming. References available upon request.