Eros Comunello, Computer Vision Scientist
PROFILE A dynamic and self-motivated Project Manager and Researcher, leading the development and delivery of numerous projects within university and corporate environments, with a strong team working ethic, a deep technical knowledge and highly developed research, communication and presentation skills. Dr. rer. nat. in Computer Science with the Technische Universität Kaiserslautern
(Germany) qualification and 17 years of experience in Research Development and Innovation. A capable leader with strong project management, research and product development skills, with emphasis on Computer Vision, Digital Image Processing, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Applied Artificial Intelligence in areas of Health, Meteorology, Industry 4.0 and Digital Rock. Very competent at leading and motivating multi-disciplined team of researchers, and a highly experienced university lecturer. Professor of the Master's degree in Applied Computing and coordinator of the 4Vision Lab at the University of Itajaí Valley (Univali) in Brazil.
Broad experience in applied image processing, collaborating in various research projects at the Cyclops Group and INCoD - National Institute in Science and Technology for Digital Convergence, linked to the Federal university of Santa Catarina in Brazil.
Also, researcher at LMPT/UFSC (Laboratory of Porous Media and Thermophysical Properties) working on projects in partnership with CENPES/PETROBRAS. CEO and co-founder at 4vision, we had developed computer vision technologies to companies like M. Dias Branco, Intelbras, Renault, and other clients. Born in Brazil, with an Austrian dual citizenship, has strong links to both Brazilian and German universities.
Aug 2012 – Present CEO and cofounder at 4vision Florianópolis
• Demonstrated fearlessness and determination.
• Aimed to support a positive and productive work culture.
• Worked well independently and on a team to solve problems.
• Organized and prioritized work to complete assignments in a timely, efficient manner.
• Served as an influential contributor for content development projects.
• Exhibited excellent interpersonal communication skills. Mar 2013 – Nov 2019 Senior Researcher at LMPT/UFSC (Laboratory of Florianópolis Porous Media and Thermophysical Properties)
• Responsible for guiding the image processing, computer vision and computer graphics development team in Petrobras projects.
• Brought forth excellent time management and multitasking skills.
• Leveraged strong relationships and networks to increase researches and opportunities.
• Cooperated with superiors and colleagues to achieve goals. Mar 2006 – Present Professor & Researcher at University of Itajaí Valley Florianópolis
• Professor and researcher in computer science and in the master program in applied computing.
• Research focus in image processing, computer vision and deep learning. Feb 2006 – Nov 2014 Senior Researcher at LAPIX – Image processing and Florianópolis Computer Graphics Lab (UFSC – Federal University of Santa Catarina)
• Senior researcher in Image processing and computer vision applied to medicine.
• In the Lapix, I was responsible to a group of research with more than 20 undergraduate, master and doctoral students.
Mar 2000 – Nov 2003 Doktor der Naturwissenschaften (Dr. rer. nat.), Kaiserslautern Technische Universität Kaiserslautern, Germany
• PhD’s in computer science focused on image processing and computer vision system applied to medicine.
Mar 1998 – Set 1999 Master (MSc.), Federal University of Santa Catarina Florianópolis
• Master’s in computer science focused on image processing and computer vision system applied to medicine.
Effective Team Leader Expert
Management Skills Expert
Decision Making Expert
Interpersonal Skills Expert
Creative Problem-Solving Expert
Communication Skills Expert
Image Processing Expert
Computer Vision Expert
Image Analysis Expert
Computer Science Expert
Artificial Intelligence Expert
Machine Learning Experienced
Deep Learning Experienced
PATENTS 3D People counting. INPI Number: BR1020150252846 REGISTERED
• EADTV, 2014. INPI Number: BR512014000258-6.
• CVFlow, 2011. INPI Number: 017*********.
• Cyclops CHPTool, 2011. INPI Number: 017*********.
• Nomer, 2011. INPI Number: 017*********.
• Célula, 2010. INPI Number: 017*********.
• Inógrafo, 2010. INPI Number: 017*********.
• Inoteca, 2010. INPI Number: 017*********.
• AURIS, 2009. INPI Number: 017**********.
HOBBIES Play Tennis
English Highly proficient
German Highly proficient
Spanish – Castilian Highly proficient
Celso Peres Fernandes from LMPT at Federal University of Santa Catarina email@example.com
Aldo von Wangenheim from LAPIX at Federal University of Santa Catarina firstname.lastname@example.org