Graduate Student, NYU
Brooklyn, New York- 11209 Mob: 929-***-****
Email: email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/atul-a-singh/ SKILLS
● Analysis & Design Tools : ETABS, SAP2000, Autocad, Revit, Safe, SPSlab, SPColumn, Navisworks
● Mathematical Tools : Mathcad, MS excel
● Construction Managment Tools : Primavera P6
● Other Tools : MS Office, Adobe photoshop, Photodb
● Interpersonnal skills : Effective Oral and written Communication skills, Adaptability, Problem solving, Leadership, Business intelligence, Fast learner, Analytical and critical thinking skills
● Certifications : Engineer in Training (E.I.T), OSHA 30, 16 Hr. Suspended Scaffold User PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Hirani Engineering and Land Surveying P.C -Structural Engineer Intern. Primary responsibilities included
Sep 2020 – Dec 2020
• Producing simple structural/bridge design calculations
• Assisting design lead in review and checking structural/bridge design calculation
• Façade inspection and preparing corresponding structural report
• Assisting in SOE design calculations
NYU Tandon - Research Assistant Sep 2019 – Aug 2020 Project - Particle mechanics of Sand
• Designing a test for better understanding of particle mechanics of sand by using Dynamic Image Analysis to determine size and shape changes after subjected to one-dimensional consolidation. Larsen & Toubro construction -Intern Aug 2019 – Sep 2019 Project - Chatrapati shivaji maharaj memorial statue
• Analyzed lateral gravity forces acting on the statue, studied construction methodology & logistical planning
• Proposed & submitted final reports of solutions to structural (“sword problem”) & logistical problems (barges & pontoon)
Larsen & Toubro construction -Intern Jan 2018 – Feb 2018 Project – Oberoi Skycity
• Worked in the execution department, daily responsibilities included;
• Quality Checks (Q.C) & Quality Assessment (Q.A) on the worksite.
• Adhering to the checklist for stripping time for formwork, concrete pouring schedule & type of compaction method to be used.
• Reporting to senior engineers if any discrepancies are observed in execution and suggesting solutions for the same. EDUCATION
MS in Civil Engineering (Structural engg) - New York University, Tandon School of Engineering Jan 2019 – Dec 2020 B.Engg in Civil Engineering - Thakur College of Engineering & Technology Aug 2015 – May 2018 Diploma in Civil Engineering - Thakur Polytechnic Aug 2012 – May 2015 PROJECTS
● Analysis & design of tall building:
• Proposed a concept design for a tall building (72 floors), prepared a report for the same
• The report included design,building system to be employed and analysis of lateral and gravity loads using ETABS.
• Calculations for the various structural components such as slab, beam, column, preliminary material estimation and a Final presentation describing analysis and design approach.
● Wind & Earthquake Engineering:
• Designed a 14 storey buildings located in Miami and NYC and prepared a report for the same
• The report included seismic load and wind load calculations and analysis of it by using ETABS
• I was able to design members such as to limit deflection and increase serviceability of the structure
● Use of Polystyrene in House Construction:
• Conducted test on polystyrene panels by subjecting it to dynamic loadings to check its various properties such as tensile strength, compressive strength, etc .
• Published an international paper in International Journal of Current Research (IJCR) December edition, vol. 9, issue 12, 2017.