Texas A&M University, College Station, TX. Aug 2019 - Present Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Structural). GPA : 4.0 / 4.0 Coursework - Prestressed Concrete, Dynamics of Structures, Advanced Mechanics of Materials, Structural Design Studio, Finite Element Method, Design of Steel Structures, Non- Linear Analysis, Foundation Engineering. Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), Mumbai. Aug 2015 - May 2019 Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering. CGPA : 8.51 / 10 WORK EXPERIENCE
Canon Engineering Construction - Structural Engineer Dec 2017 - Jul 2019
• Performed conceptual, preliminary, and detailed analysis of structures (IS 875).
• Designed structural building systems and prepared detailed structural engineering drawings and calculations.
• Developed structural models and project drawings using Revit and prepared detailed engineering calculations using MathCad.
• Assisted in the creation of engineering documents including design speciﬁcations.
• Performed load tests on bridges in Mumbai, Panvel & Vishakhapatnam.
• Directed a team and monitored deﬂections of two spans during load test on Amar Mahal Flyover, Mumbai with linear potentiometers and Laser beams.
• Coordinated with a team to assess health of an old building using Rebound Hammer and UltraSonic Pulse Velocity method.
Prestressed Bridge Girder Design (700 ft) Jan 2020 - May 2020
• Designed a prestressed Tx70 girder for 5 spans (TxDot speciﬁcations, AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Speciﬁcation). Designed a pretensioned eccentric solution for the end spans(115 ft) and a post-tensioned solution for the three continuous centre spans (135 ft, 200 ft, 135 ft).
• Minimized long-term span deﬂections using optimization algorithms.
• Checked girder to withstand primary thermal stresses and secondary stresses due to continuity.
• Estimated cost, Compared alternate solutions & formulated a project construction plan for the most feasible solution.
Strengthening of RC Columns using CFRP wraps Jul 2018 - May 2019
• Investigated effect of slenderness and aspect ratio on CFRP wrapped RC columns.
• Designed an experiment to test 48 live size columns in a 400 T CTM and record readings in a Data Acquisition System (DAQ) using strain gauges and linear potentiometers.
• Employed Matlab extensively to transform readings from the DAQ to graphical plots.
• Veriﬁed results numerically based on ACI 440-2r and analytically using FEM modelling in ABAQUS. Finite Element Codes (Python) Jan 2020 - May 2020
• Programmed FEM codes in python for truss, beam, plane stress, plane strain and, axi-symmetric elements.
• Developed a graphical interface for truss element. CERTIFICATION & SCHOLARSHIPS
• FE CIVIL, Passed in June 2020 (Veriﬁable link: https://account.ncees.org/rn/2097966-1290554-05c12b9 )
• Zachry Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering Excellence Fellowship. TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Programming Language : Matlab, Python, C++.
• Software : Revit, ETABS, RISA 3D, InfraWorks, ABAQUS, ArcGIS, MicroStation, Auto CAD, Math CAD, MS Ofﬁce Suite.