Houston, Texas, USA
• A Software Test Engineer seeking a challenging and progressive position to gain knowledge and experience from it.
• Dec 2019-Present: IT Supervisor at Holiday Inn Express, Houston (Texas)
Employed root cause analysis to identify, isolate, and remediate technical issues. Effectively troubleshoot bugs/glitches to facilitate swift resolutions. Documented findings to prevent future occurrences.
Functioned as primary point of contact with respect to system issues/concerns.
Broke down complex technical terminology for non-technical users employed experts customer service skills to ensure ongoing satisfaction.
• Sep 2017-Aug 2018: Software Tester at Xperdge Technologies, Chandigarh (India)
My responsibilities included performing manual testing activities like writing test plans, test cases, defect reports, test progress & summary reports.
I also performed web automation testing using Selenium, Performance Testing using Jmeter, & API Testing using Postman.
I worked on projects like e-District HP, OrangeHRM.
• Aug 2017-March 2019: Computer Teacher Volunteer (Part-Time) at Jyoti Sarup Kanya Asra Society (NGO) Punjab (India)
Taught school and college aged children in need of extra attention with their studies.
Engaged in activities that developed the children’s physical, emotional and social growth.
Worked with IT firms to produce creative, efficient solutions.
Performed Functional Testing for NGO’s website.
Handled the e-mails related to funds and other events.
Helped NGO to organize educational events and activities to help children develop computer skills and learn technology.
It helped developed leadership skills, how to work as a team with others and to have a lot of patience.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent knowledge of Software testing techniques covered in the ISTQB syllabus
• Excellent knowledge of Agile software methodologies (Scrum-Kanban- Extreme Programming)
• Good knowledge of programming languages (HTML-CSS-Java)
• Excellent Bug Reporting & Test Case writing skills
• Excellent test reporting skills (Test Plan writing-Test Progress & Summary Report writing)
• Excellent knowledge about Software Testing Tools (Testlink-JIRA-TFS- Trello)
• Very good mobile application testing skills
• Good knowledge about writing SQL queries
• Good knowledge about API Testing using Postman
• Good Knowledge about Performance Testing using JMeter Language Skills:
• English: Fluent (reading – writing – conversation).
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• Punjab Technical University, Punjab (India)- Masters of Technology
(Information Technology) 2014-2017
• Punjab Technical University, Punjab (India)- Bachelor of Technology
(Information Technology) 2010-2014
• ISTQB Foundation level Certified Tester
Online Courses & Certificates:
• Software Testing Bootcamp (Udemy) Sep 2020
• SAP-FICO (Udemy) Aug 2020