E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
An enthusiastic tester yearning to work in a dynamic environment that provides me an opportunity to enhance my skills and utilizing it to work for my professional growth and the growth of the Organization. EDUCATION BACKGROUND
B.E., (Mechanical Engineering) Sri Sairam Engineering College Chennai
Higher Secondary National Higher Secondary School
S.S.L.C National Higher Secondary School
Tata Consultancy Services - Bank of America Merrill Lynch Account Job Title: System Engineer
Sep, 2015 Onwards
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the corporate and investment banking division of America. It provides services in mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets, lending, trading and other investment banking services. Our project deals with testing of the online My Merrill application of the bank. This involves different modules varying from basic retail banking to investment banking. Waterfall Methodology (Sep 2015 to June 2017)
Software/tools : HP Quality Center
Role Played : Team Member/Team Lead
● Testing the My Merrill, Bank of America and Benefits Online application as an end user.
● Performed Functional and web based responsive testing.
● Working on requirement analysis and preparing the test plan for a new development project.
● Analysing the requirements of a new project and preparing gap analysis documents and peer review logs.
● Working with multiple teams to get the defects resolved.
● Handling calls with the client and release manager on a weekly basis to provide him the updates or report about the issues and status of the project.
● Working with team to plan and assign the tasks to all the team members to get all works done.
● Tracking the defects raised by my team and ensure that the defects which are ready for retest are tested properly and results were updated in Quality centre.
● Make sure all of my team mates are aware about the newly added functionality to make everyone in sync. Agile Methodology (July 2017 to Present)
Software/tools : HP Quality Center, Rally
Role Played : Team lead
● Active participation in below Agile ceremonies:
1. Story Grooming
2. Sprint Planning
3. Daily Standup
4. Sprint Retrospective
5. Sprint Demo
● Direct Co-ordination with clients and business users.
● Writing crisp and precise test cases for Sprint with less documentation.
● Writing detailed test cases for Integration testing for Hardening Sprint.
● Peer review of the test cases written by the other members of the team.
● Performing Responsive and Web based testing as and when Stories are available to test.
● Frequent discussion with team members (developers) to get the issues resolved as soon as possible.
● Updating the daily progress on Rally.
OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES UNDERTAKEN
● Defect Sheet Management:
Keeping a track of all the RFC and RFR defects logged by the team and providing the status on the same to the onshore manager and clients.
● Performance metrics Calculation:
Creating metrics sheet for overall team progress with number of defect raised on different criticality for each release with team capacity and get it approved from manager and finally sending it to Client.
● Back ground check verification process:
Working on BGC check for new associate joining in the project and work with HR team to get all the BGC process verified for the associates and help the associate to get all the access to start working. TECHNICAL SKILLS
Test Management tool : HP Quality Center (ALM), Rally, JIRA Office Tools : MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
AWARDS & CERTIFICATION
● Completed ISTQB Foundation level certificate.
● Completed Agile Extension Certificate of ISTQB.
● Awarded “On the Spot” Award for work excellence in successfully done BGC process for more resources in short time.
● Awarded “On the Spot” Award for participated and won in Republic day event held at project level. OTHER ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Leading the Fun Committee for Bank of America Account in TCS which works towards arranging various technical and cultural events for the entire account of around 90 people. INTERESTS AND OTHER INFORMATION
● Playing Cricket, Carom
● Watching Movies & Cricket, Listening to Music
● Internet surfing
Date of Birth : 12th Oct 1993
Gender : Male
Nationality : Indian
Marital Status : Single
Current Address : Door no.9, Joseph Apartment, Kisan Nagar – 2, Thane (West), Maharashtra = 400604
Permanent Address: : 36, Bharadhidhasan Nagar, Haridranathi West, Mannargudi, Tamil Nadu - 614001
Languages known : Tamil (Reading and speaking)
English (Reading and speaking)
I hereby declare that the above written particulars are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. Date:
Place: Mannargudi (Mahadevan Balu)