Dedicated Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant with a compassionate approach to those struggling with life’s basic activities. Detail oriented flexible and creative in interpersonal relationships to help achieve patient’s goals. Core Qualifications
• Four years professional experience as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) in a skilled nursing facility setting and PRN home health with seniors and children.
• Highly motivated in participating in the well-being and happiness of others
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and works well under pressure
• Very patient, enjoys working on a team or individually
• Effectually communicates within an interdisciplinary team and occupational therapist to meet patient goals and provide highest level of care
• Actively participates in weekly meetings and care plan meetings geared towards patients progress and goals
Senior Rehab Solutions, Temple, TX 01/04/2017 –
PRN Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant 12/01/2016 – Present Synergy Rehabilitation, Temple TX, Houston TX
Reliant Rehabilitation, Georgetown, TX, Round Rock TX, Belton TX, Humble TX Integrity Therapy Services, Houston TX
Collab Therapeutic Services, Houston TX
• Worked under the supervision of occupational therapist providing therapy to help patients develop and improve daily living and working skills.
• Review Plan of Care (POC) and document patient progress and abilities
• Worked with geriatric and pediatric patients with developmental disabilities in activities to promote socialization, independence and physical coordination.
• Helped patients with stretches and other exercise as directed by the occupational therapist.
• Taught energy conservation, joint protection techniques and transfer training.
• Followed individual treatment plans monitored patient activities to ensure correct performance and provided encouragement.
• Documented billing of health insurance provider.
• Worked evenings and weekends to accommodate patients’ schedules. Degree Program Field Work, Health South - Austin, TX 06/01/2016 –0 7/30/2016
• Worked in hospital setting providing education regarding safety during activities of daily living.
• Provide group therapy to improve strengthening of core muscles, cognition and memory.
• Schedule planning for patient therapy needs.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Austin Community College – Austin TX 08/01/2014 – 08/01/2016