AKHLAQ A SIDDIQUI
e-mail: email@example.com, Contact : 940-***-**** Multidiscipline background with over 20 years’ experience in project management, engineering, procurement, construction, planning & scheduling for petrochemical, refineries, oil & gas industries, at Onshore & Offshore projects.
Project Manager 2017 - Present
OZAF Housing LLC, Atlanta, GA
• Manages projects during design, remodeling and/or construction phases; attends regular project progress meetings; works with contractors, and work crews to resolve problems and initiate the appropriate solutions;
• prepares, reviews, and processes change orders for changes to contracted scope of work;
• monitors adherence to project schedules; inspects quality of construction work and materials;
• coordinates final inspections with all stakeholders including county departments and real estate.
Construction Manager - PMC 2015 - 2016
ADCO - (PMT), Abu Dhabi - UAE
Mott Macdonald - (PMC) – Oil & Gas Division, Abu Dhabi, UAE Mott MacDonald is a project management consultant on Mega projects like Refinery expansion, oil and gas field development, a power distribution system, provision for a telecommunication network and provided infrastructure to support the aviation industry in worldwide.
• The Objectives of the project to increase Oil production plateau up-to X-MBOPD by 2016 through extending the development of zones A, D, B,C.
• The project will be managed and executed in all phases along with complete final performance reporting, will full compliance company HSE management system/manual and the quality requirement of DEP., project quality assurance.
• My Responsibilities includes;
• Ensured EPC contractor’s planning and execution of construction work to verify the safety issues are adequately addressed, and that safe working practices are implemented in accordance with company’s safety manual and procedure.
• Reviewed contractor’s planning activities to verify that these are in accordance with overall project requirements, construction organization, coordination, procedure, review and approved all matters related to specification, manpower plans, method statements and fabrication drawings, development of construction schedules and their integration into the respective field plans.
• Ensured my team perform quality audits, issue quality report and audited the progress of work at site against the project schedule using information provided by EPC contract and information generated independently by the third party inspection.
• Ensured the planned and actual delivery of equipment and material to be at site and the handling, storage, maintenance and installation of such equipment and material are as per project manual and specification.
• Review quality control and updated the company Project Execution Plan and its Quality Section and Project Management Guidelines, Issued approval of the Mechanical completion and RFC notification to PMT in phases.
• The process of pre-commissioning and commissioning plans with procedures were successfully completed, tested and accepted.
• Monitor the compilation and reviewed the content of the construction Dossiers.
• Ensure my team were managed all closing out the project after the full implementation of the project and compiled all lesson learned and recommendations. Sr Construction Engineer - PMT 2007 - 2015
Abu Dhabi Gas Liquefaction Company, Das Island UAE Worley Parsons (PMC), HYUNDAI (EPC) - Korea.
• The Objective is to develop Integrated Gas Development facilities at Das Island, UAE.
• The scope of the contract encompasses engineering, equipment and materials supply, construction, installation, testing and commissioning of equipments.
• My role and responsibilities includes;
• Ensure that PMC and EPC contractor and sub contractors are focused on prioritize requirements, monitoring created WBS work for the construction and installation teams, estimate activities duration and costs in each areas, and existing agreements which includes planning, scheduling, budgeting for entire project.
• Involved in the development of realistic and sufficient project management plan and project baselines, Interviews and hired the right people to handle all tasks for a construction work project.
• Involved subcontractor/vendor scope interview prior to subcontractor award for projects.
• Monitoring all execution of construction work carried out according to the project management plan, implemented only approved changes, ensured that specification are being followed and work is proceeding with quality, HSE on schedule and within budget.
• Reviewed deliverable schedules as a roadmap for the construction team, Monitoring construction activities and resources in order to meet targets and ensures timely completion of the projects within budgeted costs and scheduled.
• For the completion of the project within specified time by constantly monitoring progress on a daily basis utilizing system generated reports from PCS giving Man-hrs.
• Ensure EPC contractor’s team performed quality audits and issue quality reports.
• Project work completed on ahead of schedule and under budget and that all internal and external stakeholders received open and prompt communication of goals, objectives and timelines.
• Monitoring final loop testing as per approved procedures and start processing issue mechanical completion letters and accepted commissioning activities and signed-off with the team of PMT, PMC and EPC.
• All closeout documentation, lesson learned properly compiled and recorded for future references and electronic storage.
Construction Manager 2003 - 2007
DESCON Engineering Company, Abu Dhabi, UAE
PMT - Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations, Abu Dhabi, UAE EPC – JGC Japan, PMC – VECO Engineering, Canada,
• The objective at Bab Field, Production Facilities Expansion - 350 MBOPD
• Scope of statement includes: fabrication and erection of steel structures, piping, hot tapping, Tie-ins, pressure testing,Tanks construction, rotary machinery, stationery equipment, painting, insulation, power supply, lighting and control system installation.
• My role and responsibilities includes;
• Managing construction activities and resources in order to meet targets and ensures timely completion of projects within budgeted costs.
• Holds regular meetings with front line supervisors to ensure achievement of targets. Good working relationships amongst all the discipline involved in the project and strives to maintain good morale of the construction team.
• Managed 12 kilometer of 6” pipeline welding, radiography, heat shrink coating sleeves, laying, hydro testing, utilizing pigs for cleaning after hydro testing.
• Observing, enforcing and complying with company policy and procedures and HSE rules and regulations, comply with all applicable laws and regulation. Projects Coordinator 2001- 2002
FARRIS Engineering, Brantford Ont., Canada
(Canada division of Curtis - Wright Flow Control Corporation.) My role and responsibilities includes;
• Overall management of the Projects in support of valves design & engineering activities in accordance with ASME SEC VIII & N285.0-95,
• Design review as per client specification including design pressure & temperature review, seismic qualification, environmental qualification, hydrostatic test, NDE, capacity certification.
• Create Inspection and Test Plan as per Code Z299.2 for manufacturing of valves. Prepare packages for achieving Canadian registration numbers for valves from TSSA.
• Prepare design report as per ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel code section III, class 1,2,3.
• Create bill of material, parts drawing and Assembly drawing for valves.
• Analyze and resolve mechanical problems and optimize equipment performance in a manufacturing environment.
Research Assistant/ student 1999 - 2000
Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN – USA (Research work)
• Developing a system for heat transfer by using glass module as per specification for publication & thesis under microgravity condition.
• Pursuing thesis for Master of Engineering program - courses completed Project Engineer
EDTI Engineering, Inc., Corona, CA 1998 - 1998
• Engineering and design of oil flooded rotary screw compressor system with dual oil pump for the compression of PSA Feed/ Tail Gas.
• Created P&ID drawings and documentation inspected & checked fabrication and bill of material. Prepared project reports, planning and scheduling. Start-ups and operating training for refrigeration systems equipment commissioning,
• Completed projects within budget on time. Inputs to develop quality documentation and updated it regularly, incorporated new changes and reported to management. FT Student 1996 - 1998
Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN
• Pursuing Master of Engineering in Mechanical program include, design & manufacturing, heat transfer, vibration
Project Engineer 1990 - 1995
M & J Engineering/ Descon Engineering Karachi - Pakistan PMC - LASMO Kadanwari, USA and EPC-Foster Wheeler, Australia M & J engineering is project-oriented and client driven company.
• The company is unique in its resources base with in-house capabilities for design engineering, manufacturing, and construction and maintenance services.
• These are applicable to a wide variety of projects related to industrial plants. Academic Qualification
• M.E –Mechanical Engineering, Tennessee State University, Nashville, USA1999
• B.E – Mechanical Engineering – NED Engineering university- Karachi Pakistan 1990 Computer Skills - Extensive Knowledge and awareness in;
• PMP Certification, (Eligible & Earned 35PDUs in 2020)
• Micro Soft Office, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, AutoCAD, Pro E.
• ASME Sec III & VIII, Div. 1, ANSI, API,TEMA, Professional Training Certificates & Membership
• Managing Safely - in Aug. 2003 from The Institution of Occupational Safety & Health in Association with National Construction College-UK
• Advance Incident Investigation in March 2005 from Excellence Risk Management Consultancy
• Human Resources Management Skills in December. 2005, Spearhead Training - UAE
• Emotional Intelligence in Sept. 2005, Spearhead Training - UAE
• CATIA V4 / V5 Comprehensive in MAY 2002, Maverick Solutions Inc. Toronto
• Professional Training on Primavera Project Planner, MS Project, Win BID, PMS -1994 Reference: Available upon request