Financial & Business Intelligence Analyst
Motivated, recent graduate who combines advanced analytical internship with degree in MIS to fulfill an analytics position in business, data, finance, or operations. Deep interest in using data and analysis to optimize financial solutions, inform management, and fuel business decisions that drive long-term success. Excel in effectively interpreting data and using various tools to produce visualizations that transform large sets of complex data into easily digestible and usable presentations. Highly detailed and cautious when working with data yet easily adapts to all different personalities, methods of communication, and levels of management. Excel in challenging environment with exposure to new business disciplines, responsibilities, methods, and industries. Courses, Skills & Interests: Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Business Intelligence, Reporting, Automating Processes, Artificial Intelligence, Application Development & Integration, Cyber Security EDUCATION
• BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS – Temple University – June 2020
~ Group Project: Key in group that built strategy to attract and maintain new customers for startup restaurant, increasing daily reservations from 13 to 21 and daily revenue from $1200 to $1800 using customer surveys analyzed with Google Analytics.
• ASSOCIATE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – Delaware County Community College – August 2018 HIGHLIGHTED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Chubb Insured, Inc. • BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST INTERN • 06/2019 – 12/2019
• Initiated/contributed to advance projects as part of finance department. Extended from 3 month to 7 months.
• Presented ideas and discussed best approaches with supervisor before independently implementing.
• Responsible for extraction, data cleansing, aggregations, data load, validation, and visualization using BI tools, with a focus on most effective methods of transforming data into useable presentations.
• Partnered with MIS to query internal software and extract data for specific reports, including observing fields.
• Enhanced business unit-specific reports to provide clear insights for management, including AVPs, VPs, and SVPs. Projects:
• Automating Manually Generated Reports: Migrated existing account/open receivable reporting modules from Excel to Power BI or Qlik Sense, saving 7 hours monthly that was redirected for workflow efficiency.
• Call Center Service Performance Quality Analysis Reporting: Measured criteria such as call duration, hold duration, roll- over to next agent, and call pick-up time and implemented acceptable standard rate for senior management, using Qlik Sense to visualize and highlight agent underperformance by criteria.
• In-Force Count Report: During reporting migration, identified flaw in calculation and flaws in calculation logic for one of the reports. Proposed new method of calculation that highlighted thousands of missing policies and millions of dollars. Correction was acknowledged by AVP and put in the pipeline.
• System Performance Analysis Reporting: Used system requirements to evaluate its performance and created flag variable within SQL query to identify number of failure system encountered or if system itself failed. Developed dashboard with Power BI to visualize findings.
Fast Signs, Inc. • ASSISTANT MANAGER • 01/2019 – 06/2019
• Quickly assumed management responsibilities not entrusted to most college students, with authority for overseeing time- complex projects to ensure all deadlines were met.
• Assisted with financial functions such as invoicing, collecting payments, and managing accounts receivable.
• Trained new hires on company’s policies, procedures, and business ethics codes. PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION
• Database Management: MS SQL, IBM DB2 SQL, My SQL, R, AWS, Azure
• Data Visualization: Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Affiliations: Member, Association for Information Systems (AIS)
• Language Skills: Native English Speaker, Fluent in Korean