email@example.com • 412-***-**** • Dearborn, MI
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ameen-khabbaz https://github.com/ameenkhabbaz Summary
Highly analytical and detail-oriented individual with strong communication, leadership, and programming skills. Looking to obtain a Business Analysis role to utilize excellent research and advanced statistical analytical abilities. Education & Certificates
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI August 2021
Master of Science in Data Science and Business Analytics GPA: 3.76/4.00 Western New England University, Springfield, MA February 2017 Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, GPA: 3.00/4.00 Coursera
SQL for Data Science September 2020
Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL) August 2020 Udacity
Data Analyst Python Nanodegree July 2019
Professional and Academic Experience
Graduate Student Grader, Western New England University January 2019 – May 2019
• Assisted the instructor to monitor 90 students’ progress, graded material, and updated scored in the system. Industrial Engineer, Kochek Company LLC - Putnam, CT June 2017 – June 2018
• Performed time studies, data collection, facility layout improvements, and studied the MRP system functionality.
• Created swim-lane charts to visualize and identify sources of inefficiencies in engineering BOMs. Engineering Intern, Mechanical Drive Components Inc. - Chicopee, MA March 2017 –June 2017
• Observed current process and constructed a current process flow and identified downtime.
• Conducted research on different products and evaluated different alternatives using a decision matrix.
• Maximized productivity and efficiency by eliminating walking back and forth from the engineering station to the machines on the manufacturing floor.
Data Analytics Projects
Supervised Learning Project Using Python – Udacity April 2020 – July 2020
• Employed supervised algorithms to accurately model individuals’ income using data from the 1994 U.S. Census.
• Focused on data exploration, preparation, and processing and model evaluation to predict whether an individual makes a certain amount of income.
Data Visualization Dashboard Using Tableau – Wayne State University April 2020 – July 2020
• Created a data visualization dashboard of an Olympics dataset utilizing different features and types of charts to highlight relevant information and analysis.
Supervised Learning Project Using R – Wayne State University January 2020 – April 2020
• Lead a team on inferring accident severity in Michigan based on traffic accident data from 2016 to 2019 and population data.
• Utilized techniques such as mapping plots and linear regression to investigate patterns and correlations. Data Analysis Projects - Udacity Nanodegree April 2019 – July 2019
• Investigated a TMDb movie dataset, consisting of cleaning and organizing the dataset, analyzing correlations between features, answering questions brainstormed, and sharing findings.
• Conducted an A/B test result analysis project to investigate an e-commerce website to help decision makers on implementing a new webpage based on the result of a testing hypothesis. Skills & Knowledge
• Languages: Python (pandas, NumPy, Matplotplib, Seaborn, sklearn), SQL, R
• Other Software Skills: Tableau, Google Data Studio, Minitab, Excel (pivot table, vlookup), PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Exposure SAP.
• Technical Skills: statistical analysis, data visualization, machine learning
• Soft Skills: oral communication, written communication, virtual/remote work. Leadership Outreach and Involvement
WSU College of Engineering Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, Member 2019 – Present Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers WSU Chapter, Member 2019 – Present Net Impact Wayne State University Chapter, Member 2019 – Present The Engineering Society of Detroit (ESD), Member 2019 – Present Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan, Volunteer 2019 – Present