Jessica W. Ballou PA-C
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Master’s in Physician Assistant Studies University of Colorado Summer 2017 – Spring 2020 Aurora, CO
• Global Health Track
Bachelor of Science in Health and Exercise Science Colorado State University Fall 2010 – Spring 2014 Fort Collins, CO
• Concentration: Sports Medicine
• Minor: Business Administration
Emergency Medical Technician Colorado Mountain College Fall 2014 -Spring 2015 Edwards, CO
• IV Therapy Certified
Program Director Manna Project International July 2015 – August 2016 Managua, Nicaragua
• Patient Liaison for rural community clinic. Focus of primary care and managing chronic medical conditions.
• Involvement with high-risk pregnant women providing prenatal care, breastfeeding support, nutritional education, well-child care, and family planning aimed to combat child malnutrition.
• Coordinated an adolescent medical interest course for future community health development.
• Founded an English vocational training course intended to prepare for improved employment.
• Lead inventory for a women’s cooperative established to improve economic stability/empowerment. Physical Therapy Aide Vail Sports Medicine Physical Therapy October 2014 – May 2015 Vail, CO
• Implemented exercises and therapies as instructed by on-site PT.
• Performed ultrasound and electrical stimulation on patients as instructed by on-site PT. DAWN Clinic Student Volunteer Student-Run Free Clinic Fall Semester 2017 Aurora, CO
• Served as student provider in primary care clinic with an interdisciplinary collaboration team of students.
• Took patient histories, performed physical exams and discussed plans with the attending. CLINICAL ROTATIONS
Rheumatology Arthritis and Rheumatology Clinic of Northern Colorado October 2017-December 2017 Family Medicine St. Anthony Health Center - Evergreen March 2018-May 2018 Primary Care Trifinio Clinic – Guatemala July 2018 Endocrinology Children’s Hospital of Colorado August 2018 Pediatric Ambulatory Horizon Pediatrics – Thornton August 2018 – October 2018 Internal Medicine Burrows Internal Medicine – Lone Tree June 2019 Surgery Boulder Bone and Joint - Boulder July 2019 Pediatric Gastrointestinal Rocky Mountain Pediatric Gastroenterology – Lone Tree August 2019 International – Surgery/Emergency/Internal Medicine St. Francis Hospital – Tanzania September 2019 Pediatric Ambulatory CHCO- Child Health Clinic - Aurora November 2019 Adolescent Medicine Mount View Youth Service Center - Littleton December 2019 Pediatric In-Patient Children’s Hospital of Colorado - Aurora January 2020 Family Medicine – Rural Salud Family Health Centers – Fort Lupton February 2020 Women’s Health OB/GYN Trifino Clinic/Coatepeque Hospital– Guatemala March 2020 firstname.lastname@example.org
Active Colorado PA Medical License #PA.0006339 June 30, 2020 National Provider Identifier #112******* September 1, 2020 NCCPA Board Certified PA June 16, 2020
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) January 2019 Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) January 2019 Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS) March 2019 COPIC Risk Management Training February 2019
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) of Substance Use Disorders Certification November 2019 MEMBERSHIPS
American Association of Physician Assistants, Active Member Colorado Academy of Physician Assistants, Student Member University of Colorado’s Silver Society
Pargas, N. Wood, J. Whitney, S. D’Alessio, S. Romero. An Educational Model for Cervical Cancer Prevention in Rural Nicaragua. 2016.