Ahmad Salama Soliman
Skype ID : ahmad.soliman20
MEP Project Manager
(Oil & Gas / Construction / EPC Projects / Multi national Comp
“Shaping the essence of an organization and helping it realize its future potential” Qualified, results-driven and self-motivated Project Engineer with more than 18 years of insightful experience in construction project planning and management, delivering consistently outstanding results. Demonstrated expertise in leading all functions of construction project management including planning, designing, processing, specs-approvals, managing staff, supervising sub-contractors, budgeting, scheduling, progress reporting and timely completion of projects, meeting all milestones and budget provisions
Significant exposure with major clients in the GCC region, including ADNOC Group Companies: ZADCO, ADCO, ADMA-OPCO and QP, KOC, SABIC, etc. Committed to determining the optimal sequence of operations at the work site while implementing efficient construction methods. Astute manager with a flair for adopting modern construction methodologies in designs, systems in compliance with quality standards.
Project Monitoring & Control
Project Schedule Tracking
Cost Estimation & Control
Budgeting & Forecasting
Client Relations / Service
Liaison & Coordination
Team Building & Leadership
Demonstrated expertise in organizing & planning strategies to deliver high end projects for large corporate and commercial establishments.
Diversified experience gained through working in different fields such as infrastructure, MEP, EPIC Oil & Gas projects, Mechanical Installations, finishing and furnishing etc.
Well versed in all stages of project planning and implementation, with a track record of successful completion and commissioning of various projects for safe operation and sustained operational effectiveness.
Outstanding skills in interacting with clients, understanding their requirements and accordingly providing customized solutions/services, thereby maintaining complete client satisfaction and creating repeat business opportunities.
Efficient team leader & player with excellent organization, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; capable of resolving multiple & complex issues and motivating teams to peak performance
Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of assigned task and able to make suggestions for improvement.
Excellent work knowledge and hands-on experience of Primavera (P3- P6 ) & MS- Projects planning software packages.
Arab Contractors Jan 2016 – Uptill now
Executive MEP Manager
• Manage and oversee Mechanical engineering projects of various sizes and complexity
• Analyze customer design proposals and specifications to determine cost effective solutions
• Ensure professional quality services in all facets of work
• Lead a project team to ensure technical accuracy of project deliverables
• Manage a team to ensure cost effective, safe and timely completion of projects to meet or exceed client expectations
• Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, documentation and other factors necessary for success
• Work with clients to deliver the end project
• Prepare and review specification and concept reports
• Foster new business development opportunities
• Maintain and grow current business and client relationships
• Provide mentoring to technical staff, assigning duties as required
• Provide quality and cost control during the design and construction process
• Maintain project schedules and project cost summaries to track work progress, budget status, and manpower resource utilization.
• Escalate and identify the need for additional services and fees.
• Assist with Shop drawing reviews as required.
Key Projects :
• New Administrative Capital-Egypt
CODE Contracting Company LLC Dec.2014– Jan.2016
Senior Planning Engineer
• Preparation of schedules for the Project.
• Coordinating and monitoring site activities.
• Preparation of daily progress report and reporting progress to the client
• Preparing Weekly/monthly progress reports
• Attending review meetings with client ADNOC
• Preparation of technical documents for the project
• Getting approval from clients for project related documents
• Attending client progress review meetings.
• Responsible for defining project work scope, planning construction activities, construction sequences for successful execution for project
• Interpretation of project specific drawing
• Coordinating with construction professionals,clients,contractors and other departments on project execution
• Responsible for ensuring that all procedures,specifications,documents and drawings are approved and as per standards
• Responsible for billing and follow up
• Preparation of reports for management
Key projects :
• Ruwais Projects
BESIX – Six Construct Ltd, UAE Jan 2012 till May 2014 Senior Planning Engineer,
• Preparation, submission and updating of the project master program
• Ensure the implementation of project control procedures in the areas of planning, resourcing, progress measurement, completion forecasting and status reporting
• Monitor daily site works & status updates by analyzing data collected and report any deviation to Project Manager
• Forecast any potential schedule impacts and develop appropriate reports for alerting management through look ahead and catch up schedule at regular intervals
• Finalize appropriate specification, negotiate with vendors and contractors and ensure optimum utilization of resources
• Prepare bar charts and histogram diagrams and make presentations regarding the schedules and project progress
• Monitor operations to ensrue compliance with operations strategy, standards, policies, procedures and best practices
• Closely monitor the cost and time schedules with an eye on cost optimization and savings on budgeted cost and expediting the project ahead of schedule.
• Liaise with the Project Manager throughout the process and finalize adjustments to project plans as necessary
• Conducting weekly/monthly progress review meetings internally as well as with client and prepare minutes of the same
• Preparation of material procurement schedule fortnightly taking into account the long lead time required for material to get delivered at site.
Key Projects :
• IGD –Integrated Gas Development – Das Island (Onshore Civil & Building Construction Works), Tram Dubai, Hamriyah Pumping Station
Silvertech Middle East FZCO, UAE Nov 2008 - Nov 2011 Senior Planning Engineer
• Prepared the Planning Package for the project and managed the project monitoring & control deliverables
• Prepared work-in-progress plans, work breakdown structure and resources (manpower & equipment) requirement plans
• Prepared the details of subcontractors and materials requirement plan (MRP)
• Prepared and submitted the monthly, quarterly, weekly and specific reports to the Management and Client, ensuring that the reports typically include the project progress statistics, highlights and areas of concern
• Updated Procurement Register, Subcontract Register, Document Register & Drawings Register
• Monitored schedule of projects under execution, time schedule control of job sites in the course of construction
• Identified problematic areas & critical activities and ensured remedial solutions for rectification of problems
• Participated in daily, weekly and monthly meetings with client to review progress of the project and future plans and to prepare technical meeting data and presentations to client
• Coordinated with the Project Manager with regards to project issues and ensured prompt resolution of the same
• Initiated and responded to all planning / time related correspondence to Client/Subcontractors
• Participated in all site coordination meetings with Site Engineers / Subcontractors and prepared minutes of meetings to appraise the senior management
• ADCO (Fire and Gas Detection System Replacement - EPIC PROJECT)
• ZADCO (Replacement of RTU at Satah WHPt's, PMP & WIP)
• ZADCO (EPIC Project-Replacement of RTU at Satah WHPt's, PMP & WIP)
• ZADCO (EPIC Project-UMM AL DALKH Facilities DCS, ESD, F&G AND SCADA)
• Metal Services (Relay Based ESD System for ARAMCO, KSA)
• Cegelec (F&G Modification for ZWSC - PGP and GGII and USSC - PGP)
• Fernas Construction Co. (QP - Supply of ESD and F&G Systems at Um Bab Station) Wadi Al-Khaleej Contracting, UAE Dec 2007 - Nov 2008 Senior Technical Office Engineer
• Developed the most appropriate techniques and sequence of events and construction operation for ongoing projects of the company such as CW/296/04, CE/071B, CW/119/07, CW/035/05 & CE/238/07
• Monitored the project progress throughout the construction process, ensuring adherence with project plan
• Scrutinized site inspection reports for various works as per approved construction drawings and site verification works executed by the contractor
• Liaised with the site agent and surveyor throughout the process and made adjustments to projects as necessary with the approval of Project Manager
• Prepared, scrutinized, certified and processed contractor’s running and final account bills after verification of contractor bills with the applicable terms and conditions.
• Supervised team for all administrative works including processing and reviewing of progress payments for contractors Arab Contractors, Ismailia Shipyard Jan 2002 – Dec 2007 Technical Office Engineer & Lead Project Engineer
• Responsible for studying project details, preparing technical reports and participating in feasibility studies and reporting to the MEP Manager of the shipyard
• Followed up the project plan & execution phases from the point of contracts signature to final acceptance of the project
• Attended periodic meetings with customers / consultants as per requirement
• Maintained working relationship with the subcontractors, clients, representatives and suppliers
• Oversaw all aspects of construction project management, monitored and coordinated work performed by engineering and construction team
• Prepared the Invoices for executed projects and followed up for the timely payment from client
• Prepared work packages for site supervisors, management of resources, workshop / site monitoring to evaluate progress and efficiency of resources (manpower & equipment)
• Ensured that daily and weekly records of the project progress are maintained by concerned staff and evaluated the progress on monthly basis against the planned program and budget
• Conducted site visits, site meetings and periodical review meetings to understand and ensure work progress as per schedule and resolve any issues which may hamper the progress of the project
• Oversaw the delivery of equipment from the stores and ensure compliance with specifications Key Highlights:
• Distinction of being the youngest Area Manager in the company during the execution of the project Misr Bini-Suwaif Cement Company - derived support form all quarters and this helped for the motivation and to perform better.
• Excellent performance as a project engineer during the Plant Mechanical Erections, was well appreciated by Seniors.
• Active participation in the preparation of Annual Report, CAPEX, OPEX, Departmental budget for the shipyard, gave skill and cofidence to accomplish such important activities later. Key Projects:
• Smart Village (Abu-Rawash), Sayed Darwesh Theater (Alexandria): The project includes HVAC works, furnishing, installation of carbon steel network (22500 m), Installation of firefighting system network and erection of mechanical equipments ( such as chillers, air handling units, fan coil units, etc).
• Misr Bini-Suwaif Cement Company: Erection of Air slide system in Raw mill, Kiln feed and Dust handling areas, Installation of equipments such as Solid flow meters, Rotary feeders, multi-stage centrifugal Pumps, big plasters Dampers and Slide Gates.etc and providing Steel piping network (1000 m). Previous Assignment
Hassan M. Allam Sons Development Aug 2000 – Dec 2001 Design & Site Engineer
• Design of air distribution system by using Ductulators and selection of air outlets such as diffusers and grills etc.
• Estimation of cooling loads by using Estimation sheets.
• Work as a Project engineer during the erection of duct, piping and allied equipment
• Manage the installation of equipment such as chillers, air handling units, fan coil units .etc. and the hook up of these equipment Key projects accomplished:
• Project: Bank Masr (Abu Rawash Branch), Exxon Mobil Service stations & Helwan Military Airport. Academics
• B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering - Power Department - Higher Technological Institute, Tenth Of Ramadan City – 2000
• Project Management Professional Diploma Za'beel International Institute-Dubai- UAE - 2011 Professional Development (Trainings)
• Project Management Professional (PMP), Za'beel International Institute, Dubai (2011)
• Carbon Emission Reduction Management, Marcevans, Abu Dhabi, UAE (2011)
• PRIMAVERA P6, The Arab Contractors - Development & Training Department, Cairo, Egypt (2007)
• Successful Teamwork Management, The Arab Contractors Development & Training Department, Cairo, Egypt (2006)
• Using the Internet in Engineering Applications, The Arab Contractors Computer Center, Cairo, Egypt (2006)
• PRIMAVERA P3, The Arab Contractors - Development & Training Department, Cairo, Egypt (2005)
• Drainage Networks, The Arab Contractors Development & Training Department, Cairo, Egypt (2005)
• Sanitary Stations Networks, The Arab Contractors Computer Center, Cairo, Egypt (2005) IT Skills:
• Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio, MS Project), AutoCAD, Primavera P3 & P6 Personal Particulars
• Date of Birth : 5th Mar 1975
• Languages Known : English and Arabic
• Nationality : Egyptian
• Marital Status : Single
• Driving License : Holding Valid UAE & Egypt Driving License