CLAUDIA MONTGOMERY, RN, BSN
email@example.com Dallas, TX 734-***-**** www.linkedin.com/in/cmontgomery-bsn EDUCATION & CLINICALS
MADONNA UNIVERSITY, Livonia, MI Dec 2019
Bachelor of Science (BS), Nursing
Dean’s List: 2017, 2018, 2019 / GPA: 3.5
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Experienced Nursing and Caregiving Professional with a strong interest to work in a hands-on, hospital nursing role providing direct care to patients. Compassionate, empathetic, adaptable, culturally aware, and bilingual in English and Spanish. Possess excellent active listening, critical thinking, attention to detail and time management skills. BSN with Compact Registered Nurse License, Michigan Registered Nurse License, and BLS certified with the American Heart Association. Willing to work in any hospital department with direct patient care. Passionate about PICU, NICU, ICU, OBGYN, and Emergency care.
PEDIATRIC HEALTHCARE CONNECTION, Decatur, TX 2020
Registered Nurse (Current)
• Provided comprehensive quality of care for a child with chronic respiratory failure, congenital malformations of the brain, and bowel, bladder, endurance, and speech limitations.
• Performed head to toe assessments on the tracheostomy and ventilator dependent child at the start and end of every shift as well as PRN. Administered oral medication, respiratory treatments via nebulizer or inhaler, feedings, and other MD orders as prescribed as well as performed CPT and inline suctioning PRN.
• Supported the child and family with daily living activities and personal hygiene, including perineal care, feedings, oral care, tracheostomy care, activities appropriate for the child’s age and developmental stages, as well as prescribed exercises.
• Maintained aspiration, universal, cardiac, and infection control precautions, including safety measures such as fall prevention and precautions on the child with a chest shield for heart protection.
• Instructed the family on medication, including purpose, side effects, contraindications, ventilator care and use, signs and symptoms of exacerbation of the child’s condition.
• Monitored, recorded, and reported symptoms or changes in the patient’s condition to the primary healthcare provider, other nurses, and family.
PRIVATE HOME CARE, Ann Arbor, MI 2020
Private Home Care Nursing (Hospice Experience – client passed)
• Assessed, analyzed, planned, implemented, and evaluated the health of a client with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). Provided continuous and precise assessments and interventions of the client’s physical care, pain management and comfort levels.
• Administered medications and monitored for reactions or side effects. Performed nebulizer therapy, BIPAP ventilation, oxygen administration, tube feedings, and condom catheter placement/removal.
• Assisted with daily living activities and personal hygiene, including patient bathing, positioning and range of motion exercises while maintaining a safe and caring environment. CLAUDIA MONTGOMERY, RN BSN firstname.lastname@example.org PAGE 2
• Educated patient, family, and nurse aid on the progression of ALS and end of life care. Provided emotional support to patient and family.
• Monitored, recorded, and reported symptoms or changes in the patient’s condition to Nurse Practitioner and family.
AFFINITY HOME CARE, LLC, Detroit, MI 2018 – 2019
Marketer / Spanish Translator
• Leveraged social media (Facebook, Instagram, & Email) and internet communications to increase Affinity Home Care’s outreach and improve home care access for target patient population. Created networking and marketing documents to support patient acquisition initiatives.
• Led local health care business partnership initiatives and relationship management to make Affinity Home Care their preferred home care provider and increase patient referrals.
• Assisted with Spanish translation services for patients increasing understanding of patient care access and services.
COMMUNITY SERVICE, Various Cities, MI 2017 – 2020
• Carried out Service-Learning Program in partnership with Rutherford Winans Academy in Detroit. Facilitated coaching of children with reading, writing, and healthy lifestyle changes.
• Participated in and raised awareness for Relay for Life and Kids Against Hunger non-profit programs.
• Collected and distributed clothing items to homeless in Detroit as part of the NHS Independent Student Project. Received STARS Award from the Plymouth-Canton School Board for outstanding performance and commitment.
Medical: Epic Systems, Center PowerChart, Electronic Health Record (EMR), & HealthTrust Software, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, & Outlook)