DANA JAMES RACKLIFFE
TECHNICAL MANAGER PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Innovative Process Engineering Manager with extensive experience improving quality and efficiency of products. Relationship builder with a strong background collaborating with cross-functional teams to initiate quality improvements, as well as with customers to determine requirements and shape product strategy.
Customer Requirement Analysis SAP ERP Conversion Process Engineering Product Development Research & Development (R&D) Quality Management Manufacturing Engineering Lean Manufacturing Project Engineering Team Management Team Building PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
PROCESS ENGINEERING MANAGER 2018 – Present
Saint-Gobain, Granville, New York
Led the WCM QP&C pillar and served as the Department Head of Process Engineering. Improved quality and efficiency of products on several coaters, laminators, and slitting equipment. Supervised and mentored 3 Process Engineers.
● Reduced waste on several products, one product from 6% to less then 0.5% scrap.
● Determined root cause of defects on critical product lines.
● Ran a project to reduce material cost by $120K. Acted as Interim Quality Manager for 12 months.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER 2012 – 2017
Von Roll, Schenectady, New York
Department Head of Process Engineering. Responsible for improving quality and efficiency of products on several coaters, laminators, and slitting equipment.
● Acted as lead engineer on designing and commissioning new state of the art mica coater and automated slitting machine. Responsible for start-up of both machines as well as the transfer of products to these machine.
● Also oversaw designing and commissioning of a Ballistic/Flexible Laminates coater, Vertical Coater upgrades and Batch oven.
● As well as transferring products from the New Haven site to the equipment at Schenectady.
● Worked with other department heads on Lean Manufacturing Initiative to improve on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
● Responsible for transferring over 600 products into SAP material masters, including BOMs and Routings.
● Created and maintained work instructions and SOPs for all manufacturing centers. Dana Rackliffe firstname.lastname@example.org Page 2
TECHNICAL MANAGER PROCESS AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER 2001 – 2012 Isovolta, Inc.,Rutland, Vermont
Developed new products on coating / laminating machines for high voltage electrical insulation to meet customer requirements. Improved quality and runnability of products on the mica paper machine and coaters/laminators. Traveled extensively and worked with people in Mexico, Canada, Romania, Japan, South Korea, Japan, Holland, Austria and throughout the United States to improve processes as Technical Support/Applications Engineer.
● Developed several new products and worked on a patent for a new mica insulation.
● Cut scrap rates on coater in half.
● Acted as key engineer in commissioning the most modern mica paper machine in Romania.
● Spearheaded training the customer's workforce on how to build high voltage coils and bars.
● Established monitoring systems on the mica paper machine that reduced start-up times by 75% and tightened process control to maximize efficiencies and improved quality.
● Developed a very cost-effective film faced tape that eliminated solvents and reduced energy cost while increasing line speeds by almost 100%.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER FiberMark Inc.,Fitchburg, Massachusetts PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER Valentine Paper Inc., Lockport, Louisiana SHIFT SUPERVISOR Green Bay Packaging Inc.,Green Bay, Wisconsin RESEARCH ENGINEER Quin-T Corporation,Tilton, New Hampshire EDUCATION
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (B.S.) IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING,Concentration in Pulp and Paper Technology. University of Maine, Orono