Business Analyst • Rego Park, NY • 917-***-**** • email@example.com
Overall 15+ years in IT, Business Analyst with over 7 years of experience in Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis, Documentation, Project
Management and Quality Assurance.
Seeking to leverage strong analytical skills in a fast-paced enterprise addressing complex issues.
End-to-end knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, especially in the Agile methodology.
Expertise in translating high level business needs into low level requirements and specifications.
Skills & Techniques
Expertise in Requirements Elicitation, Business Process Analysis, Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis, Risk Analysis, Story
Decomposition, Requirements Traceability, Use Cases, Change Request, SWOT Analysis, Enterprise Analysis, Data
Analysis, SQL, Prototyping, UML Diagram, UI Wireframing, Training Documentation etc.
Extensively involved in Project Life Cycle Management, System Migration and Integration, Backlog Management,
Costing and Budgeting, Resource Management, Scrum Process Management, Sprint Planning, Change Management, Defect Management etc.
Expertise in writing and executing Test Cases and Test Plans. Extremely proficient in coordinating and performing
Sanity Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Automation Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
Extremely focused and detail oriented. Hardworking and honest with good work ethics.
Tools & Technologies
MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Rational Rose, Visual Paradigm,
Confluence, Google Docs
Management & Testing:
MS Project, JIRA, HP ALM, Smartsheet, Quick TestPro (QTP), Quality Center,
MS Access, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle
Tableau, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Lucid Charts
SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML
New York Life Insurance Mar 19 – Aug 20
Sr. Business Analyst Queens, NY
Worked on an in house Intellectual Property management system, with complex business rules and features.
- Enabled delivery of Product Backlog in JIRA by presenting backlog to team; creating, owning and refining well-formed user stories, epics and artifacts – Traceability Matrix, UAT Plan, BRD - that describe and detail new products, features and services based on feedback from team, creating acceptance criteria with the team, and accepting stories as they’re completed.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories. Work daily with scrum teams to refine, groom, and accept stories and bugs for implementation.
Involved in activities like Requirements Elicitation, organizing Workshops, hosting JAD Sessions, Business Process
Decomposition, Business Process Modeling, Gap analysis, Risk Analysis, Creating Epics and User Stories, Data
Analysis, Defect Management, Change Request Management, Creating Glossaries and Training Manuals etc.
Club Wyndham Mar 18 – Feb 19
Sr. Business Analyst Manhattan, NY
Involved in multiple implementations around Club benefits, deals & offers in order to add new enhancements to the Web platform.
- Successfully managed and provided BA support to multiple implementations simultaneously.
- Extensively worked in Data Requirement Analysis and Data Mapping for ETL process
Coordinated activities between business unit and technical staff, developed new methods, policies, and
procedures to meet the business needs, as well as acted as primary trainer in education of the business.
Involved in activities like Backlog Management, Project Planning, establishing Product Roadmap, Enterprise
Analysis, Risk Analysis, SWOT Analysis etc.
AT&T Oct 17 – Mar 18
Business Analyst Middletown, NJ
Provided analytical support to the RAO (Revenue Accounting Office) collection staff by conducting data
mining and provide business intelligence on raw financial data and developing financial reports.
- Identified multiple showstopper defects post deliver, which resulted in a smooth User Testing experience.
- Created an Access database tool that performed ETL by parsing call records and appending with data
to identify each call jurisdiction (Local, LD, cellular, etc)
Involved in activities like Change Request management, Impact Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, end to end testing of the system, organizing UATs, Defect Management, Supporting Disaster Recovery Plans etc.
KitKat Feb 12 – Mar 16
Business Process Analyst Pretoria, South Africa
Identify deficiencies and purpose improvements/ enhancements were applicable and appropriate, compose business and technical requirements for developing and implementing automation
- Documented complex business processes and performed process decomposition to identify issues and inefficiencies in the business workflow.
- Proposed and implemented innovative work flow upgrades which significantly streamlined and enriched the entire business process.
Involved in activities like Business Process Modeling, Business Process Decomposition, Gap Analysis, Creating
Primary responsibilities are focused on supporting and analysing finance, accounts and the buying department
Administrator for IT Employees
Tesco BEN Admin (Business Engine Network) IT
Dec 2010 – Jan 2012
Location Bangalore Area, India
• Supported the entire IT team of Tesco HSC, India, UK and USA on BEN tool; monitored and ensured procedural accuracy and consistency to enhance competency.
• Created and provided ID’s for new employees as tool for accessing BEN and processing leavers.
• Generated fortnightly and monthly MIS reports and submitted across HPD, PDM, HSC and UK; performed analysis on BEN leakage and created the leakage report for billing
Tesco Next Generation Network Project – IT, Infrastructure
Feb 2010 – Dec 2010
Location Bangaon Area, India
• Coordinated with project team, stores and vendors and advised and provided recommendations about proper installation and migration schedules; managed CRs for stores’ migration for fiber cable installation and ad hoc.
• Maintained, updated and analyzed all deployment data with regards to the project and provided admin support to the project from HSC
Jun 2006 – Feb 2010
Location Bengaluru Area, India
• Coordinated and provided assistance to cash office and human resource department personnel; provided technical support on issues pertaining to cash office systems and clocking machines.
• Monitored the logging entries; issued ticket numbers, retrieved and forwarded daily and weekly sales and clocking machine reports.
• Performed troubleshooting on multi-functional computers and applications to maintain continuous and smooth flow of business operations
Senior Customer Service Associate
Apr 2003 – Jun 2006
Location Bengaluru Area, India
• Received, handled and attended all customers’ inquiries while assisting them in upgrading packages that had been purchased; conducted troubleshooting on all technical issues pertaining to television channels.
Customer Service Associate, Customer Asset
ICICI OneSource, India
Apr 2002 – Apr 2003
Location Bengaluru Area, India
• Handled a non-voice banking process for a leading online banker; communicated with clients from UK and processed credit cards transactions and savings accounts while providing critical account maintenance
Bachelor of Commerce
University of Mysore, India