SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER
• 3+ years hands-on experience in testing Mobile (iOS, Android) and Web applications of different complexity and architecture running on variety of platforms and hardware devices.
• Good understanding of software development lifecycle in both Agile and Waterfall development processes including project initiation, planning, implementation, and maintenance.
• Knowledge of commercial and open-source software for test management & bug tracking.
• Experience in problem solving, reporting, forecasting, documentation.
• Experience in writing detailed test cases, test plans and thoroughly documenting defects identified.
• Knowledge of QA processes and best practices in corporate client.
• Proficiency in Test Analysis, Bug Detection, Defect isolation and Report generation.
• Ability to work with Business Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, and other Team Members in complex testing projects and in the overall enhancement of software product quality.
• Experience with defect tracking and test management tools.
• Self-motivated individual and creative thinker who will take ownership and accountability.
• Strong communication skills, detail oriented. Work well in a team. Platforms: Windows, macOS, UNIX/LINUX
Mobile Platforms: iOS, Android OS
Bug Tracking: Jira, Bugzilla
Browsers: Chrome, MSIE, MS Edge, Safari, Mozilla Firefox EDUCATION
M.S. in Chemistry, State University, Tomsk, Russia PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Software QA engineer, Techno Pointer, San Francisco, CA 09/2017 – Present
• Create and utilize test-accounts to run Sanity test in both QA and production environments to ensure the critical functionalities work as expected.
• Develop and executed test cases, tracked and reported bugs/defects and noted the severity of those bugs.
• Create bug reports for bugs that were not identified in the previous build.
• Conduct bug scrubbing for the current build to notate correctly and clean the bug reports for invalid, valid, duplicate bugs and new improvements that cannot be tested yet.
• Implement Regression test while bug scrubbing for the bugs that were no longer valid.
• Conduct Positive Functional test to ensure all other surrounding areas were functioning per requirement.
• Utilize Integration test to ascertain that the links were integrated per requirement and was not affected by the fixed bug.
• Conduct User Acceptance Testing, help senior staff identifying scope and test plan for UAT.
• Create test cases for gaps in the test plan while performing Exploratory, Integration and Functional tests by using clear language and visual screenshots to ensure clarity for various environments, both for web, iOS and Android.
• Construct and write new negative test cases to provide maximum path coverage and address major scenarios especially for mobile devices.
• Conduct ad hoc testing to ensure new integrations performed as expected per requirement.
• Manage testing tasks on multiple modules based upon their severity.
• Catalog the results of the Sanity testing, Bug fix verification, test cases executed, test cases update as a form of test case maintenance and Bug scrub Activities, report to QA Lead and QA Manager.
• Attend meetings to discuss bug verifications, to clarify on bug behavior and bug duplication.
• Participate in meetings with QA Manager along with QA Team, work closely with developers. Office Manager, NEFTEGAZ HOLDING AMERICA LIMITED, Houston, TX 2016 – 2017
Applied strong multitasking skills to administer office tasks, data entry and review. Distributed and completed paperwork for new hires. Maintained office inventory, expense reports, communicated with vendors.
Project Engineer/Geochemist, SCHLUMBERGER, Houston, TX 2013 – 2016
• Contributed to content development for Schlumberger geochemistry software (Malcom).
• Performed on-site Schlumberger software testing including functionality, UA testing, reported defects and advocated for improvements.
• Evaluated the product, became proficient and assisted with software implementation and training for key users in customer businesses.
• Planned, organized and managed geochemistry team projects for reservoir exploration and development.
• Provided support to clients with project planning and data interpretation.
• Promoted geochemistry services through face-to-face meetings and technical presentations.
• Interfaced effectively with people at various levels within and outside the organization, providing technical expertise.