Cloud Architect /Systems Engineer, **/2016 to 09/2020
Excedeo - San Diego, California
• Provides Tier 1 to Tier 3 support to customers via ticketing systems.
• Current ticketing system used is ConnectWise.
• Quickly and effectively handles system recovery of down services to include servers, desktops, and critical applications.
• Project implantation to include Office 365 migrations, Azures solutions (Hybrid & Cloud), Google Cloud and Google Suite, AWS.
• Provides administration and automations to these services.
• Provides Management via System Center Configuration Manger such as software deployment's, upgrades, and policy changes.
• Escalation Point for Unresolved Trouble Tickets, Project Delays or Stoppage.
• Provides alternative solutions to keep projects on track.
• Provides onsite support to customers both technical and non-technical.
• Institutes training as part of resolution to help improve customer experience.
• Deploy images and software manually or from third party sources, SCCM, Microsoft MDT (can build and set up).
• In some cases, if required, scripting and/or group policy deploy with minimal user impact.
• Security Point Person.
• Review and performs installations of security-based solutions.
• Including but not limited to solutions such as Multifactor Authentication, third party anti-virus, compliance standard setups (example: HIPPA), threat assessments and audits.
• Maintains backups for customer data via multiple platforms such as Shadow Protect, I backup, AWS, or Azure Backup.
• Writes procedures and processes for internal and external users.
• Design and Implement Network Topologies using OnPrem, In-cloud, or Hybrid scenarios to meet customer needs.
• Works with technicians to teach how to perform tasks to increase their knowledge and improve team functionality.
Cloud Systems Engineer /Consultant, 01/2011 to 01/2016
Agile IT - San Diego, California
• Hands-on design and implementation of Office 365, Exchange Online Protection, Skype for Business, Active Directory 2008/2012, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013 deployments, Azure Active Directory, and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
• Setup and maintained Hybrid Infrastructures utilizing Azure Services.
• Setup Hosted server purposed for SAN Storages, DC's, File Servers and/or application/ database servers.
• Implementing and Administering System Center Virtual Machine Migrate VMware to Hyper V Cluster Hyper-V Assist with planning and deployment of Server security measures.
• Created and Maintained deployment images through System Center and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
• One Specific job required a complete desktop refresh via 11 images to deployed in 13 different countries.
• Setup and maintained Windows Intune platform for multiple companies from its inception to modern Enterprise Mobility Suite and Azure portal integration.
• Some examples of larger transitions were Calloway Golf and EDF Renewable Energy who both had wanted to setup Intune to not only manage group policy but also deploy applications such Office. this was achieved via Microsoft Intune. Upon completion, they now have an effective means to easily monitor workstations and implement controls, but they also now have solution to get applications easily pushed out to their machines.
• Calloway Golf needed a solution System Center to work with Intune. They needed a solution that
• Setup and implemented Disaster Recovery sites.
• Plan, organize and implement all operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization's MS Exchange, Office 365 and Server infrastructure.
• Used System Center Configuration Manager for day to day management operations.
• Task include Endpoint protection, patching and updates, PC inventory, and mobile device management.
• Created documentation of processes and procedures for internal use and external use alike.
• Sought input from team to provide best solutions and effective processes.
• Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to internal IT staff.
• Maintained open and transparent communication between decision makers, upper level management and technical staff to ensure project success.
• Open communication has been a key factor in Agile IT success and while I was with this organization it was highly successful winning Microsoft Southwest Region Partner of the Year 4 years straight.
• Created reports via System Configuration manager and put them into presentations that can be easily understood by both technical and non-technical staff.
• Utilized these reports to determine overall health and to plan out paths to tackle issues and keeping network healthy.
• PowerShell User.
• Relied heavily on this type of scripting as it is effective in implementing major changes in shorter period of time.
• Experienced SharePoint and OneDrive for Business migration expert.
• I have setup and migrated larger companies such as Applebee's to both SharePoint and OneDrive for Business. This company had handful of smaller regional offices and needed to collaborate on documents and files.
• Had two requirements get users access without VPN connection and keep documents secure. Both of these requirements were met and company is now having needed access regardless of their location. Later company came back to have us setup their servers to backup to Azure.