UNIVERSITY – LA
MASTER OF SCIENCE:
Graduated in May 2019
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS
ARLINGTON - TX
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE:
Graduated in September 2016
MOUNT SAINT MARY’S
COLLEGE – CA
Graduated in May 2013
Proficiency in neurology and acute care
Registered Nurse -License# 844348
Family Nurse Practitioner-NPI#
ACLS/BLS-American Heart Association
National Institute of Health (NIH)
Stroke Certification-12 hours
Hospital Fire and Life Safety-Los
Angeles Fire Department
Basic EKG (Dysrhythmia Interpretation
and Therapeutic Modalities)- 12 hours
GASTROENTEROLOGY MEDICAL OF LOS ANGELES INC
NURSE PRACTITIONER – GASTROENTEROLOGY
September 2019 – Current Monterey Park/Huntington Park/Montebello, CA
• Managed acute and chronic gastrointestinal illnesses at a private practice with a team of three physicians and three nurse practitioners.
• Provided care to approximately 40 patients on a daily basis in a high volume and fast-paced GI clinic.
• Obtained history and physicals, performed patient examinations, ordered and reviewed diagnostics, worked independently and in collaboration with supervising physicians as needed.
• Ordered and interpreted GI procedures including upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy placement, therapeutic endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, and endoscopic ultrasound.
GLENDALE ADVENTIST MEDICAL CENTER NEURO-
TELEMETRY REGISTERED NURSE, RN IV
October 2013 – Current Glendale, CA
• Provided nursing care to patients with neuro, pulmonary, surgical and cardiac disorders in acute care comprehensive stroke center.
• Provided care to patients with acute ischemic/hemorrhagic stroke, post TPA and thrombectomy, craniotomy, V/P shunt, spinal cord injuries, seizure, brain tumor.
• Performed vigilant nursing assessments and identified any subtle changes in nervous system.
• Collaborated with multidisciplinary team to manage patient’s plan of care, treatment, and goals.
• Preceptor for student nurses/new hires/new grads on unit policies, procedures, and nursing skills.
• Recruited to be Neuro Telemetry Unit's CALNOC data collector and Unit Based Council Member within one year of employment in telemetry.
CITY WIDE HOME CARE REGISTERED NURSE
August 2013 – August 2017 Glendale, CA
• Established goals and home care requirements with patients and families.
• Prepared reports on patient progress and established home care needs. CLINICAL EXPERIENCE (Fall 2017 – Spring 2019)
DAVITA - HEALTHCARE PARTNERS MEDICAL GROUP -
PEDIATRICS GRADUATE STUDENT
Clinical hours: 108hrs Glendale, CA
• Performed comprehensive wellness visits and health screenings for pediatric patients.
• Performed developmental screenings, immunizations, and extensive parent education.
VETERANS ADMINISTRATION GREATER LA HEALTHCARE
SYSTEM - PRIMARY CARE GRADUATE STUDENT
Clinical hours: 262hrs North Hills, CA
• Provided focused women’s health care in addition to preventative primary care.
DAVITA-HEALTHCARE PARTNERS MEDICAL GROUP -
HOUSE CALLS GRADUATE STUDENT
Clinical hours: 45hrs Northridge, CA
• Provided direct medical care in patient homes.
• Advocated for end of life care with patient and families. GARO KARAKASHIAN, MD INC. - PRIMARY CARE GRADUATE STUDENT
Clinical hours: 89hrs Glendale, CA
• Developed plans of care, including appropriate diagnostic testing, medication management, referrals, and follow up care. SABAN FREE CLINIC - PRIMARY CARE GRADUATE STUDENT Clinical hours: 136hrs Los Angeles, CA
• Performed preventative care for vulnerable population.
• Performed comprehensive primary care for chronic health conditions in the adult population.
• DAISY Award winner for extraordinary nurse
• Selected to represent the Neurology Department at the Stroke Center of Excellence Convention in LA
• Medical Mission Armenia Trip-2016
• Honor Society Inductee and Special Recognition in Graduate Studies for superior scholastic achievement
• Professional Ladder RN IV