GARRETT LEE RAWLINGS
Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH June 2020 Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental and Structural Engineering GPA 3.5/4.0 Bachelor of Arts, Major in Engineering Modified with Earth Sciences Relevant Coursework: Industrial Ecology, Statistical Methods in Engineering, Environmental Applications of GIS, Solid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Scientific Computing, Mechanical Engineering Product Design, Distributed Systems, Waves, and Fields Community School, Sun Valley, ID June 2016
Honors/awards: Trophy Sage Brush Award, Bob Bloomfield Memorial Scholarship, Community Service Gold Award GPA 4.1 Activities: Varsity Basketball (Three Year Captain), Student Senate Vice President, Science Bowl (Captain, 6th Place – Idaho State), Model United Nations (Discourse in Spanish) Outdoor Leadership Academy, Sun Valley, ID June 2016 Focus: Snow Travel, Water Travel, Rock Travel
Certifications: AED/CPR, Wilderness First Aid, Swift Water Rescue, Avalanche 1, Leave No Trace Trainer, HAM Radio Amateur Technician
Relevant Coursework: Group Dynamics and Leadership, Expedition Planning and Leadership, Wilderness Navigation WORK EXPERIENCE
Sweet Grass Robotics, Great Falls, Montana June 2020 – August 2020 Custom Experimental Aircraft Apprentice
• Assisted in all parts of the manufacturing process on three experimental aircrafts.
• Worked unsupervised in a high consequence environment.
• Gained experience riveting, wiring, machining, and building mechanical systems. Innio Power (formerly GE power), Jenbach, Austria June 2019 – September 2019 Emissions Solutions and Applications Intern
• Created computational data sheets to aid in development of new selective catalytic reduction (SCR) emissions control devices.
• Collected, synthesized, interpreted, and presented financial data using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Assisted with field and bench testing of Jenbacher Type 3, Type 4, and Type 6 series engines. SensorSpace Lab, Flathead Lake Biologic Research Station January 2019 – April 2018 Remote Sensing Intern
• Worked extensively with Arduino hardware and software to prototype an imbedded controller to regulate the delivery and amalgamation of microfluids to a PCR DNA analyzer.
• Responsible for individual work and progress in a start-up atmosphere with little supervision.
• Gained experience in C programming, Fusion 360 CAD design, and problem solving in small teams and individually. LEADERSHIP & ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES
Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College 2016 - Present
• Designed, prototyped, and tested the “Right Trousers,” a tight-fitting pair of pants with integrated Functional Electronic Stimulation
(FES) and mechanical support, as a physical therapy aid for patients with Drop Foot Syndrome.
• Worked as Teaching Assistant for “ENGS 22: Systems” in a flipped classroom setting.
• Designed, laser cut, and assembled a small balsa cantilever bridge, which held 1,933 lb. and won the award for most efficient based on its strength to weight ratio.
• Machined and assembled a “Sterling Engine,” and tested it for efficiency, RPM, and power. Dartmouth College Men’s Ultimate Frisbee 2016 - Present Player/Fundraising Chair
• Team placed 1st at North Eastern Championships (2017), 6th at DIII National Championships (2017), and 4th at North Eastern Championships (2018).
• Coordinated program-wide fundraising events 2-3 times weekly.
• Awarded the 2018 Defensive Most Valuable Player. SKILLS & INTERESTS
Technical: Proficient in MATLAB, SolidWorks, C, Microsoft Office, Dual Axis Lathe, Tri Axis Mill, Riveting, Wiring Languages: English (Fluent), Spanish (Working Proficiency) Additional Interests: Sustainable Design, Aviation, Film Photography, Skiing, Mountain Biking