SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION
• Licensed pharmacist in New York and New Jersey with more than 26 years of experience in both owning and operating pharmacies and providing exceptional services in a retail setting, from nationwide chains—including CVS—to local.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with a track record of establishing positive relationships with customers, pharmaceutical representatives/manufacturers, medical professionals, healthcare organizations and insurance providers.
• Respected leader, able to train and manage diverse teams to deliver peak performance. Dedicated to providing quality patient care and fast and accurate medication dispensing.
• Thorough knowledge of pharmacy management including but not limited to audit reports, regulations, compliance, drug inventory and wholesale negotiations.
• Trilingual: Fluent in English, Arabic and French RECENT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Shakespeare Pharmacy – Bronx, NY August 2016 to Present Senior Manager and Supervisor Pharmacist
• Negotiate with various drug companies to maintain inventories at competitive wholesale prices
• Trained and supervise two staff members
• Prepare and submit management reports on sales, accounts payable and log activities Empire Pharmacy – Bronx, NY May 2015 to August 2016 Clinical and Staff Pharmacist
• Skilled in Micro Merchant and Prime RX software
• Dispensed and compounded prescriptions, maintained precise patient records, provided accurate dosing information and directions for use
Optimum Pharmacy – Bronx, NY February 2013 to May 2015 Senior Pharmacist
• Dispensed and compound prescriptions, maintain accurate patient records, dosing information and directions for use
• Interacted with HMOs and other insurance providers concerning billing/reimbursement issues
• Filled prescriptions using the Opus System Software
• Specialized in Hepatitis C and Non-Sterile Compounds Prime Aid, First Aid Pharmacy – Union City, New Jersey and Bronx, New York May 2007 to January 2012 Prime Aid Pharmacy Corp. is a nationwide, privately-held “Clinical Specialty Pharmacy” and owns First Aid Pharmacy. Senior Pharmacist
• Managed both Union City and Bronx location and recognized for the ability to manage a high volume of patient accounts
• Consulted with hundreds of physicians and patients to fill prescriptions, review side effects and discuss drug interactions
• Cultivated a strong network of physicians, resulting in an average of 100 new patient enrollments monthly
• Filled an average of 300 prescriptions per day
Rainbow Pharmacy – New York, New York April 2007 to January 2008 Part Time Pharmacist
• Reduced expenditures by renegotiating prices from pharmaceutical suppliers. Increased discount rate from 10 percent to 16 percent over wholesale price with key suppliers
• Maintained accurate patient records, dispensed prescription and provided proper directions of use for both prescriptions and over the counter medications
VLV MED Pharmacy – New York, New York May 2006 to May 2007 Pharmacist Supervisor
• Filled prescriptions using the Data Doc System
• Accurately dispensed drugs to patients according to their doctor’s prescription Duane Reade Pharmacies - New York and New Jersey February 2002 to May 2006 Pharmacist Supervisor
• Utilized PDX software to check for drug interactions and maintain patient profiles
• Trained staff in HIPAA laws and monitored the workplace under HIPAA compliance
• Supervised staff in assisting customers and maintaining prescription and OTC inventory
• Prepared management reports on sales, audit trials and accounts payable
• Recognized for the ability to manage a high volume of patient accounts EDUCATION
Arnold & Mary Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences – Long Island University Bachelor’s Degree Graduated in 1993