Email id: email@example.com
To pursue a challenging career that will allow for the growth and a chance to use and contribute my education and knowledge while being resourceful, innovative and flexible.
Kerala state board
MIM HSS PERODE
Kerala State board
MIm HSS PERODE
BSC EMERGENCY MEDICINE TECHNICIAN
JSS ACADEMY OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
Internship in JSS HOSPITAL MYSURU
1. Clinical work Experience during student period
Emergency Medicine Department
CLINICAL / PROCEDURAL SKILLS
• Complete the nursing history and assessment including allergies.
• Notify the physician if patient is currently on anticoagulation therapy, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory products and if laboratory results are abnormal.
• Ensure informed consent is obtained.
• If conscious sedation is used, inform the patient of restrictions related to driving or using equipment requiring clear judgment or quick physical response.
• Obtain CXR or CT scan.
• Verify the patient has made discharge arrangements according to hospital policy.
• Obtain baseline vital signs and oximetry. Establish baseline cardiac rhythm as per hospital policy.
• Verify length of NPO status, 6-8 hours.
• Establish patent IV line as ordered.
• Explain the use of premedication to be used.
• Administer pre medication as ordered: Aerosol mask, atropine, sedative or narcotic analgesic.
• Document patient teaching and patient comprehension of teaching.
• Assist and support the patient during the procedure.
• Ensure resuscitation equipment and suction is readily available.
• Attach the monitoring devices such as ECG leads and pulse oximetry as per institutional policy.
• Assist the Bronchoscopy team with the procedure including sedation, anesthesia, suctioning and specimen handling.
• Monitor and maintain the patient’s cardiopulmonary status, which may include titrating O2 therapy or maintaining the patient ventilation system when required.
• Assess color, warmth and dryness of skin.
• Assess level of consciousness and mental status.
• Administer medication as ordered, including aerosol delivery, medication via the bronchoscope or IV medication.
• Assist and support the patient during the procedure.
• Provide and document the minimal monitoring of all patients including BP, pulse, respiration, O2 sat, level of consciousness and pain tolerance.
• Label all specimens taken with pertinent patient information and site of biopsy. Send specimens to the appropriate laboratory.
• Assess BP, heart rate, respiratory rate, depth and effort. O2 saturation and level of consciousness on admission to recovery area, after 15 minutes, until stable and at discharge. Post procedure oximetry must be performed until the patient’s respiratory status is stable or returned to pre-procedure state.
• Assess and document unexplained events and post procedure complications.
• Keep patient NPO until gag reflex returns.
• Remove IV access prior to discharge, assess site and document.
• Reinforce pre-procedure teaching regarding driving, equipment operation and making decisions requiring judgement.
• Reassure the patient it is common to have some bleeding after a biopsy is done, however coughing up more than 2 tsp of blood requires that the patient contact the physician.
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT IN CRITICALLY PATIENT INCLUDING:
CPR (Certified BLS and ACLS Training)
PROCEDURES ASSISTED AND PERFORMED
• Endo Tracheal Intubation
• ICD Insertion
• Central Line
• Anesthesia administration
• Pleural tapping
Able to perform all the above procedures in the role of a technician & nurse anesthetist.
Ultrasound (Point of Care)
ABG Trop T CKMB (POC)
Hands over and takes over the patients and ward equipment and supply.
Keep the ward neat and tidy
Maintain safety of the ward equipment
Prepare and check ward supplies
Assist ward supervisor in ward management
Supervises student and other junior staffs
Participation in clinical teaching, both planned and incidental
Complete the nursing history and assessment including allergies
Obtain CXR and CT scan
Verify the patient has made discharge arrangements according to hospital policy
Care of tracheostomy patient
Monitor and maintain the patient cardio pulmonary status
Establish patent IV line
Document patient teaching and patient comprehension of teaching
Managing different types of pre and post- operative adult and paediatric patients
Oxygen administration, suctioning, steam inhalation and nebulization
Attending hygienic needs of the patient
Knowledge about infusion pump, syringe pump and cardiac monitor
Insertion of ryle’s tube, foley’s catheter
Knowledge about blood transfusion
Knowledge about international patient safety goals
Knowledge about all JCI standards, policies and protocols of the patient
Collection of specimens for special investigations like ABG, culture and sensitivity, and giving bladder wash and stomach wash
Knowledge about giving negative suction for intercostal drainage patients
Knowledge about giving CPR to the patient
Attach the monitoring devices such as ECG leads and pulse oxymetry
Attended BLS and ACLS class
Teachers and guides domestic staff
Helps in the orientation of new staff
Participate in staff education program
Nelson steam inhaler
ICD suction machine
Suctioning( ET Tube and Tracheostomy)
IV cannulation and IV infusion
Assisting procedures like Lumbar puncture, Tracheostomy, Intercostal Drainage tapping, Bone marrow aspiration
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Admit and discharge patients
Maintain personal hygiene and comfort of the patient
Provide psychological support
Attend the nutritional needs of the patient
Daily living activities
Maintain clean and safe environment
Follow doctors rounds
Administration of medicines
Assisting doctors in various medical procedures
Preparing articles and patient for medical or nursing procedures
Recording vital signs
Help doctors in diagnosis and treatment
Maintain intake and output chart
Observe changes in patients conditions and recording
Take necessary action and report to the concerned authority
Read : English,Malayalam,Hindi,Arabic
Write : English, Malayalam,Hindi,Arabic
Speak : English, Malayalam,Kannada,Hindi,Tamil
J.S.S University Allied Sciences, Reg. No: 16B01501
PERSONAL PROFILE :
Name : ALTHAF ASHRAF
Father’s Name : ASHRAF
Date of Birth : 10-05-1997
Sex : Male
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Indian
Religion : ISLAM,MAPILA
PH NO. : 828-***-****
I hereby declare that the above furnished details are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. If you will give a chance I will work to the best of my Superiors.
Date: ALTHAF ASHRAF