Omaha, NE 813-***-**** email@example.com
Seasoned Field Technician and Telecommunications Expert with over 29 years of experience in field leadership, technical project management, and reliably restoring or establishing service. Extensive experience in designing high-impact process improvements, collaborating cross-functionally to expedite customer orders, creating a positive work culture, and providing superior customer service and client engagement. United States Army Veteran with honorable discharge, continually exceeds expectations by building valuable partnerships and works well with people at all levels of the organization, including stakeholders, customers, and team members.
• Cross-Functional Leadership & People Management
• Technical Project Management & Strategic Planning
• Root Cause Troubleshooting & Equipment Repair
• Network Administration & Service Restoration
• Highly Adaptable & Technically Savvy
• Complex Scheduling & Ticket Resolution
• Superior Customer Service & Client Engagement
• Operations Management & Materials Management
• Team Player & Workflow Facilitator
• Process Improvements & System Maintenance
• Creative Problem Solving & Complex Analysis
• Excellent Verbal & Written Communication
NRC Field Technician II, Transport NRC (NOC) 09/2010 to 08/2020 Century Link Communications, Level3 Communication, Time Warner Telecom – Tampa, FL
• Originally brought onboard as a NOC Technician for Time Warner Telecom, received a promotion to Field Technician II for exceptional performance, demonstrated exceptional value as an employee through 2 corporate restructurings.
• Received up to 30 daily inbound issue-related calls from Network Technicians, LEC and Customer Technicians.
• Expertly assisted technicians in trouble isolating, circuit engineering, and updating of trouble ticket information.
• Communicated clearly and precisely, followed up with customers to validate and obtain resolutions to circuit troubles.
• Provided superior customer service and client engagement, representing the company flawlessly to all customers.
• Demonstrated a superb ability to adjust daily workloads as new calls come in or higher-level issues become active.
• Leveraged expertise in Procom, INC, Preside, CTC, and multiple equipment interfaces to maintain and repair as needed.
• Performed basic to advanced installation, decommissioning and troubleshooting of network equipment and circuits.
• Conducted preventative and demand maintenance of the network, critical infrastructure, and materials management.
• Spearheaded multiple special projects from inception to completion, leading project teams and ensuring deliverables.
• Flawlessly maintained tools, test sets and electronic equipment while troubleshooting networks and ensuring their repair.
• Rapidly resolved service interruptions through ingenious problem solving and creative troubleshooting skills.
• Proactively responded and prevented potential problems in order to ensure the continuing integrity of the network.
• Maintained and updated meticulous records while regularly volunteering for weekend shifts and boosting team morale. Previous Work Experience
NRC Technician III, DS3 – CenturyLink Communications (XO Communications) – 04/2004 to 09/2010 Tower Technician – Western Telecom – 09/2002 to 04/2004 Central Office Technician II – Time Warner Telecom – 07/2001 to 08/2002 5ESS Switch Technician – ICG Communications – 11/1999 to 08/1999 Service Assurance Technician – US West, Qwest – 11/1998 to 08/1999 Communications Equipment Repair – US Army – 05/1991 to 10/1998 Sean O’Brien Resume – Page 2
Education & Professional Development
Overland High School – High School Diploma – 1989
US Army – Central Switch Repair
US Army – Basic Installation Course
US Army – Fiber Optics & Splicing
US Army – Lucent Technologies, 5ESS Switch Maintenance, Various CBT Courses