Laxmi Purushottam Samala
Santa Clara, CA email@example.com LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laxmi-samala-454771136/ +1-669-***-**** EDUCATION
Santa Clara University Santa Clara, CA, USA
Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering GPA: 3.29/4 June 2020 University of Mumbai Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering GPA: 8.04/10 May 2016 SKILLS
Software Engineering Intern at Signify, Palo Alto, CA, USA June 2019 – May 2020
• Designed, built prototype and developed the mobile application from scratch for Voice Integration of Philips Hue product with Voice Assistant like Google Home and Amazon Alexa using Flutter - Dart, REST API’s, Amazon Web Services (Lambda, S3, API Gateway, DynamoDB) resulting in enhanced user experience by 70%.
• Revamped React.js application, changed the backend to AWS DynamoDB and created multi factor authentication using emails to certify 3rd Party Philips Hue apps.
• Developed a Web app using Express.JS and MongoDB to perform OAuth for access delegation and control operations on smart lights remotely.
• Analyzed and identified top KPI’s of different smart bulb products and their mobile applications and presented to Executive team. Sr. Analyst / Software Engineer at Capgemini, Mumbai, India August 2016 – June 2018
• Developed mobile and web application for Contextual Insight, Intelligent Recommendation, Predictive Outcomes in Oracle Sales Cloud using Groovy scripting, sync them in function thereby enhancing the efficiency and usage of the application by 30%.
• Developed role-based procedures to filter data and reduce clutter thereby yielding 60% faster access to data.
• Developed script to automate migration from Oracle Service Cloud to other platform, increasing efficiency of migration by more than 50%.
Movie Recommendation System (Python) Sep – Dec 2019
• Developed a movie recommendation system with Collaborative filtering techniques. PeDiet - Pedantic Diet (Android Studio, Java, Firebase) April - June 2019
• Developed an android application using Image Processing to provide nutritional info of raw food items and help users keep track of their daily intake to formulate a better diet plan.
• Developed logic to find the nearest pediatricians using google. maps and provide users with a list of their contact details. Hyper-Threading in High Performance Computing (AWS cloud, Multithreading) Jan – Mar 2019
• Analyzed computational speed difference in multithreading environment for floating point and linear algebraic operations. Employee Management System (Hive, Oracle) Jan – Mar 2019
• Analyzed performance difference between Hive and Oracle for varied queries. Real-Time Live Streaming and 3D Image Processing Using Raspberry Pi (Mosquitto, OpenHub, UStream) July – April 2016
• Constructed a robot and applied AI home automation techniques to wirelessly connect the robot with the cellphone.
• Increased the connectivity range by 90 feet over which the bot can move freely. IEEE International Conference Technical Paper Presentation Presented the idea of “Real-Time Live Streaming and 3D Image Processing using Raspberry Pi” in IEEE 2016 International Conference. IJIR Paper Publication
Published paper with team on “Using Android Phone to Control Raspberry Pi Robot for Live Streaming and 3D Image Processing” in IJIR journal Vol-2, Issue-5, 2016.
Graduate Research Assistant at Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA, USA July 2020 - Present
• Involved in exploring the research problem to accurately extract topic/sentiment from user’s online review data using Machine Learning and Natural language processing techniques. CERTIFICATIONS
Oracle RightNow Cloud Service PreSales Specialist July 2017 LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
• Technical Head of CSI committee for M.H. Saboo Siddik College of Engineer.
• Organized Blind Coding Competition and technical seminars such as IoT, Android Application Development, Ethical Hacking.