P E R S O N A L I N F O R M A T I O N
Full Names Johannes Theodorus Pieterse
ID Number 830-***-**** 084
Passport Yes valid till 20 Nov 2023
Nationality South African
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Driver’s License Yes
Dependants (Son and daughter)
Place of Residence 12 B Frances street
Somerset East (Eastern Cape) Home Language Afrikaans, English
Health Excellent with Medical certificate.
Contact Details (C) 071-***-****
Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
Highest Standard Passed Grade 12
Institution High School Point, Mossel bay
C O U R S E S & T R A I N I N G
, Prelim Incident Basic SHE Rep Skills - NOSA - (Hazard Identification and Response, Basic She
Applying SHE Principles and Procedure
Introduction to SAMTRAC
SAMTRAC (Health safety management (NQF LEVEL 5))
SACPCMP Certificate of registration. (CHSO/115/2015)
System and tools
Fall Arrest & Rescue training L 2 (3-year license)
Fall Protection Plan Developer (3-year license)
Working at heights
Traffic Management Diploma
To Whom It May Concern:
Hereby will I like to apply for Health Safety Officer position advertised .
I feel the career path I have chosen is the right decision as I’m highly motivated and I take great pride in everything I set out to do. I have 14 years’ experience in Health Safety Environmental I am registered at the SACPCMP council of S.A as a Construction health safety officer and in the process of registration as CHSM. I’m a very ambitious individual and a great team player and I believe my attitude and towards life and others have made me successful in my career.
I have gained a great deal of knowledge and experience working for Nordex, Abeinsa
Company and Steffanutti Stocks & Civils on Eskom Projects, Chemical industry, Kurumane Manganese Mine, Manufacturing industry, Wind farms. After reviewing my enclosed you will see that I have made contributions to my Employers and by doing so I have gained exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong Attention to detail and a great work ethic. Working with people from a very diverse background has provided me with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
My experience includes strong hands on and management skills and delivering under pressure. I also have an extensive base of people I can count on for advice or to discuss ideas with. I will not only rely on my own expertise and knowledge but also consult superiors, external sources and do extensive research.
I respond positively to constructive criticism and appreciate the continual evaluation of my progress. I have the ability to motivate, train and get people’s co-operation in order to achieve goals.
Working and coaching abroad have taught me that one needs to be particularly clear and concise in terms of how you put your ideas over in order to be successful.
I consider myself to be a strong team player and motivator. I possess the ability to make decisions quickly and efficiently and I am used to working under pressure to achieve objectives.
I enjoy working with individuals or as a group and I make time to interact with colleagues on a healthy basis.
I see my future as an exciting and stimulating goal awaiting fulfilment. I plan to obtain additional commercial exposure and to continue studying to obtain industry and environmental related knowledge.
I definitely have the qualities you are seeking and fit the criteria as required.
S U M M A R Y O F W O R K EX P E R I E N C E
Senior HSE Officer
(Nxuba Wind farm)
01.09.2019-Contract ended 30/09/2020
13.01.2014 – 30.08.2019
Abeinsa EPX Kaxu Solar One
Health safety officer
Jan 2012-Dec 2013
Kudumane Manganese Mine
June 2010 to December 2011
Stefanutti @ Stocks
2006 to December June 2010
Mossel bay Municipality
Municipal Police Officer Traffic Officer Municipal Bylaws
January 2002 – December 2005
E MP L O Y M E N T H I S T O R Y
Nordex Acciona (South Africa)
Position Held: Senior HSE Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective program and ensure compliance to satisfy the requirements of local legislation e.g. the OHSA, COIDA and Environmental Conservation Acts.
-Complete appointments and ad competency to it and to be signed off
-Internal External Audits on sites and site inspections for Monthly Reports to Management.
-Draft Baseline Risk Assessments, Task Specific Risk Assessments.
-Health and Safety plans site specific.
-Emergency Evacuation Plans
-Issue Non-Compliances, Anomaly Reports and Non-Conformances to Sub Contractors who do not comply accordingly with SHEQ legal requirements.
- Develop systems to ensure all employees comply with all relevant legal safety requirements
- Identify safety training needs, organise and co-ordinate safety training courses and prepare training material where appropriate
- Co-ordinate the monthly safety meeting:
* Ensure meeting times are set
* Agendas are sent out
* Minutes are kept and sent out
* Ensure that all support documentation in respect of the safety program is received on time and in the correct format from all concerned parties
- Assist in appointment of safety representatives, first aiders and fire fighters for all departments.
- Communicate changes in Safety, Health and Environment legislation to Management.
-Upload SHEQ documents on to SharePoint for internal audits from Head Office.
- Evaluate incident forms, surveys, audits to establish root causes and together with Supervisors and
Managers concerned, formulate a plan of action to correct non-compliant behaviour or conditions
- Liaise with onsite contractors to ensure their compliance with Company safety regulations and adherence to safety standards, including basic safety induction training- Conduct surveys and audits as required.
- Identify unsafe acts, conditions, and hazards, investigate root causes and identify corrective and preventative actions and report to management
- Co-ordinate at least two evacuation exercises per year to ensure that all staff become familiar with these procedures.
- Assist with the formulation of emergency/contingency plans.
- Review and update Emergency Procedures as and when necessary
- Proactively identify, eliminate and mitigate all risks by undertaking risk assessments for all activities
- Provide a safe, healthy and hygienic work environment for workers
- Identify health hazards and take steps to engineer out or mitigate their effects
- Continuously provide information, training, and equipment to all employees
- Provide education and training and sharing environmental experiences.
- Daily safety briefings and toolbox talks
- Issuing of NCR and assist with corrective actions on NCR’S issued.
- Provide all necessary personal protective equipment, as appropriate to reduce exposure, and ensure compliance in its use.
- Conduct SHE inspections/ audits on sub-contractors and give meaningful feedback to management how to correct
- Train employees in Induction Programme
- Provide continuous education, training and coaching of employees on health standards
- Ensure specialised training for employees are conducted and promoting SHE awareness
- Co-ordinate Fire and evacuation drills and monitor Fire fighting and emergency equipment
- Site inspection of WTG platform insure RAMS and documentation is in place.
- Maintaining a Safety Budget
- Inspection on pads RAMS, checklists and registers etc.
- Be on site when high risk activities takes place.
- Compile daily reports for Management.
1. Coenraad van der Linde
Stefanutti Stocks & Civil
2. Stefan Heineke
3. Nzumano Phumalo
Kurumane Mangenese Mine
3. Andre Van Der Merwe
SHEQ Risk Director