P E R S O N A L P R O F I L E
Place and Date of Birth: Vuwani, Limpopo 03 January 1994
Full Name: Thuso Raymond Tshishonga
Nationality: South African
Home Language: Tshivenda
Other Languages: English
Driver’s License: Code C1
C O N T A C T D E T A I L S
Physical Address: Scheiding Street, Pretoria Central Cellphone: 067-***-****
Next of Kin: 072-****-***
LinkedIn Profile: https://linkedin.com/in/thuso-tshishonga-077723115 Online Portfolio: https://thusotr.github.io
GitHub Page: https://github.com/ThusoTR
E D U C A T I O N
- Qualification: BSc Electrical Engineering Certificate attached
- Institution: University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
- Period: February 2013 – March 2018
- Qualification: National Senior Certificate Certificate attached
- Institution: Edison Nesengani Secondary School
- Period: January 2008 – December 2012
W O R K E X P E R I E N C E
Trainee Engineer at Reutech Communications (From 01 April 2020 to date)
- Design, simulation, and building prototypes of electronic circuits for filtering, signal amplification, and transistor switching applications. Writing Arduino microcontroller software to control the functionality an attenuator and a power amplifier test jig.
- Performing RF test measurements to assess antenna impedance response, matching transformers performance, RF amplifier performance, and inductor impedance response using RF instruments such as a vector network analyzer, vector impedance machine, and a spectrum analyzer.
Engineer in Training (From 03 June 2019 to 31 March 2020) Armaments Corporation of South Africa SOC Ltd (ARMSCOR) Practical training at ARMSCOR included the following:
- Development of an antenna tuning unit. Main responsibilities included preforming design calculations for capacitor/ inductor matching circuits, matching transformers, design and implementation of antenna simulator.
- Design of a direct current (DC) power supply unit (PSU). Main responsibilities included the development of the PSU schematic and the development of a veroboard prototype circuit of the PSU.
W O R K E X P E R I E N C E ( c o n t i n u e d )
Engineer in Training (From 01 March 2018 to 31 May 2019) Armaments Corporation of South Africa SOC Ltd (ARMSCOR) Company seconded to for practical training: Denel Dynamics Practical training at Denel Dynamics included the following:
- Implementation of a maximal length sequence (MLS) signal generator. Key responsibilities for writing a VHDL program that generates the MLS using a Xilinx FPGA.
- Building a RepRap Prusa i3 based 3D printer. Main responsibilities included building the physical structure of the printer, software configuration, calibration and fine tuning of the printer.
- Design and implementation of an attenuator driver circuit. Main responsibilities included the development of the schematic, building a prototype, and writing the associated ARM microcontroller software to control the attenuator driver.
- Phase lock loop design: Main responsibilities included the design and simulation of the respective loop filter and other phase lock loop parameters and subsystems. Phase lock loop was designed and simulated to meet the specific lock, stability, and modulation requirements. Vacation Work Student (From 02 January 2018 to 28 February 2018) Armaments Corporation of South Africa SOC Ltd (ARMSCOR)
- HAWK engineering officers training and exposure to aircraft maintenance: Training on the HAWK aircraft systems and exposure to the maintenance of these systems.
- Studying of application of neural networks towards simple and complex data. Working with MATLAB to analyze and improve predictions based on captured data. S K I L L S A N D I N T E R E S T S
Technical and general skills:
- Technical communication
- Software development
- Web development framework: Django
- Proficient in microcontroller software programming using C/C++ and assembly language.
- Simulation and analysis software: MATLAB, Excel, LTspice, and MultiSim.
- Good critical thinking and problems solving skills Please visit my online portfolio website: https://thusotr.github.io R E F E R E N C E S
Name: Bulelani Mdoyi
Company: Denel Dynamics
Occupation: Principal integration technologist
Contact number: 079-***-****
More references available upon request
. . p
i\ - _ . A :,
REPUBLI C OF SOUTH AFR I CA
National Senior Certificate
Thuso Raymond Tshishonga
Identity number 940**********
Subject % level
T shivenda Home Language 82 7
English First Additional Language 78 6
Mathematics 8 1 7
Life Orientation 77 6
Geography 73 6
Life Sciences 89 7
Physical Sciences 83 7
This candidate is awarded the National Senior Certificate and has met the minimum requirements for admission to bachelors degree, diploma or higher certificate study as gazetted for admission to higher education, subject to the admission requirements .of the higher education institution concerned. With (;fleet from December ?O 12 ·
Chief Executive Officer
fh,s ci,rtWICOie ~ i$sJed wllhqul alle1ullom or' crdsura of any kind 1~1~m1111w111111111
Counci l for ·ouafity Assurance in
General and further Education and Training
South Africa · · . .
,s~ r• ver~ fnr 1Jli>· f1,11tct11Jrai'fmi · r,rtt.~e:& o · I I
,I I '
I j '
. · ._i _ _
_j ' I ! j